What graphic settings?

Which Graphic setting?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these you prefer or fits the best for you?

• High resolution, No RT
    • Ray Tracing, lower resolution
    • Best settings but 30fps

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

The jump between 30 and 60 is much bigger and noticeable than 60 to 120. If you think 30fps feels the same as 60fps though, then you're having a laugh - the game is much more responsive and smoother than 30fps, especially in fast-action games like this.

The resolution difference isn't that much thanks to the method they use to upscale the image to 4k, making both modes 'look' very similar despite being twice as smooth at the lower resolution. 

Regarding 120fps, why? it's much harder to feel the difference between 60 and 120 than it is for 30 and 60, plus this game would have to drop visual effects and render at around 900-1080p to run at 120fps, which would result in a more rugged looking game. 

Go to the PS5 system settings and disable the 120hz mode in display. The game, for some stupid reason, enables 120fps mode when you go into performance (even though it caps at 60fps), which for most TVs will drop the resolution to 1080p without telling you. If you disable the 120fps mode, the game will output correctly at 60fps and the upscaled 4k resolution.

I have no idea why they've made the game do this, but it must be why Sony added the option to disable the mode via the system menu in the last firmware. 

I hear ya .. But as I stated for me I see no difference I just cant see it! But for me 120 is a BIG leap from 30 and 60 as I state again for me 120 is a game changer! I just feel like the 30 and 60 talk is really a nonissue to be honest :) But I also can understand where your coming from .. Just me can't see it ;) So, Im lucky to keep that eye candy cause 30 60 its all the same :)

I prefer Fidelity. This game has plenty of cutscenes and closeups, and for me, 30 fps has a cinematic feel that looks (and I experience it) like watching an animated film and I can't stand 60 fps in these kind of games (the soap opera effect throws me off big time).

For other games like Genshin Impact, the difference in smoothness is night and day, and I can't possibly go back to playing it on the PS4 at 30 fps...

Edited by steeler192

Performance RT    I believe from Digital Foundry it was stated that its running 1440p (Average)? so totally worth it to me with no degration in anything else with the ray tracing.  I tried fidelity but the 30fps was giving me a headache maybe i am spoiled by 60fps smoothness now.  Also my TV does not support 120hz so it doesn't have that issue I see people are having where it goes to 1080p 120hz.  I wonder if people running the two performance modes that say it looks bad are actually seeing the 120hz mode.  That would explain a lot because i have a 4k TV and the different between fidelity and performance RT is not even noticeable I've flipped back and forth several times.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart-performance-analysis

I’ve finished the game and I think it depends on two things: The size of your monitor and where you are in the game.

For larger monitors (especially above 65 inches) and areas with giant space vistas, especially areas with lots of distant stars, go with Fidelity. For smaller monitors and action sequences like the arena or chase and racing sequences, go with Performance RT.

I’m on 65 inches and I prefer fidelity because I can really notice the resolution difference. But at the end of the day, it’s also personal preference because for me, 30fps with motion blur gives it a cinematic look since film is 24fps, which I enjoy for non-action scenes Simply try both and go with what you enjoy. I don’t recommend performance without RT, in any situation.

• Like 1

Performance RT. I don't really notice the difference between the resolutions, so ray tracing is a big difference. As for the difference between 30 and 60 fps, I usually don't notice the difference, but changing back to back like in this game really made it stood out.

On 12/06/2021 at 10:24 PM, bosstristan said:

why did you turn off HDR? Isn't it supposed to make the game look better?

Some games and screens, HDR doesnt look good. It also can interfere with the monitor/screen HDR modes. So if @Deluziion90 had HDR enabled already on his screen without his ps5 having HDR on, by turning the ps5 HDR on it would potentially screw with the screen HDR settings. Thats easiest i can explain it. 

for example Cyberpunk had a washed out HDR. looks like shit. But turn it off and my ps5/tv hdr settings kick in and its more vibrant. Game still is shit though lol

Edited by Infected Elite

On 6/16/2021 at 9:08 PM, RedDevil757 said:

Something like this doesn't need 60fps. The 30fps is silky smooth and looks fantastic

This is exactly the kind of game that benefits greatly from 60 FPS since there are a lot of fast-paced action scenes that require more responsive controls on the harder difficulties at least. Something like Until Dawn or turn-based games are the only ones where I would choose fidelity over performance anymore. 

Edited by Killbomb