Assassin's Creed Valhalla Will Be Getting More DLC For Year Two

Just now, p-KEK-a said:

Bullshit. The description of the season pass always says what it includes. This season pass says it includes "The Legend of Beowulf", "Wrath of the Druids" and "The Siege of Paris", not "every expansion that will be released".

I’m not talking just about this pass. I’m talking about passes as a whole

Vahalla was definetly not my favourite but the Ireland expansion did make me enjoy it a bit if it was more bitesize.

So I'd like a bit more I just hope I don't have to buy another Season Pass =/

All I would like is for them to fix the Trophy Cross Progression PS4 > PS5 on all Ubisoft titles (AC:V, WD:L and Immortals)

5 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I shook my head when I heard this.

In my opinion this has been the worst Assassin's Creed game in terms of gameplay and platinum. Everything was bloated and everything felt it was tacked on to pad runtime, not to enhance or evolve the story. Every door was an unnecessary puzzle. The combat and free running was a downgrade. (Don't know why they got rid of the run up and run down mechanic). The first DLC fixed some of these issues, and I'll have to see about Siege of Paris.

But as of right now, I'm not looking forward to this at all.

I like this ac even tho im only 20 hours in. I feel like the collectables are more intresting instead of just collecting for sake of it like most games. 

The mysterys are a nice addition even tho there are far too many world events. I do agree the free running doesnt seem as good and the combat is very easy if you spam the L1 button with the shield

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I like this ac even tho im only 20 hours in. I feel like the collectables are more intresting instead of just collecting for sake of it like most games. 

The mysterys are a nice addition even tho there are far too many world events. I do agree the free running doesnt seem as good and the combat is very easy if you spam the L1 button with the shield

Nice to hear someone with positive things to say about this one - ?

I haven’t started it yet, but have been looking forward to it - waiting on a PS5 to play.

I’m hopeful, given that most of the negative stuff I hear is from folks who didn’t connect much with Odyssey - which I really liked. I wasn’t so hot on Origins, so it would be nice if Valhalla could prove to me that the new-AC was a formula I like, and not just a one off success for me!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice to hear someone with positive things to say about this one - 1f44d.png

I haven’t started it yet, but have been looking forward to it - waiting on a PS5 to play.

I’m hopeful, given that most of the negative stuff I hear is from folks who didn’t connect much with Odyssey - which I really liked. I wasn’t so hot on Origins, so it would be nice if Valhalla could prove to me that the new-AC was a formula I like, and not just a one off success for me!

I wish id have waited to play the ps5 version. I am playing the ps4 version on my ps5 tho. 

I never understood the hate for the last 3 entrys of the series. All 3 look absolutley beautiful which still makes me wonder how a company messed up cyberpunk so much because huge games can still look amazing on a standard ps4.

I like on vallalah that there isnt boat combat which on odessey there was far too much for my liking which makes sence for the greek setting because there was alot of open water. 

You will enjoy this game and im looking forward to the ireland dlc and any more they throw into it

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

A season pass gets you one ‘seasons’ worth of dlc though :dunno:

That’s why no one is questioning the practice - it’s because they are completely up-front about it - it’s right there in the name.

If you buy a ‘season ticket’ for a football club, that doesn’t mean you have a seat for life - you have it for a season.

If they always included all dlc going forward, then there wouldn’t be much point in calling them ‘season passes’ - it would be just a ‘lifetime pass’ or something similar.

Also very good point. As a football season ticket holder i can relate. People need to realise how season passes work. I think season 2 is going to be the norm now. They can only cram so much into 1 season for the money they charge

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Where’d you hear that from? I really liked Odyssey and Origins as well. The characters, the gameplay, the story, and the plat and 100%

But everything about Valhalla, to me, was a major leap backwards and stretched everything good about the last 2 entries so thin that it’s barley recognizable. 

Stealth wasn’t even developed, too many characters with bland personalities, combat and abilities that serve no purpose, and the modern day stuff tried to fix the past 5 games problem in 30 minutes. 

I hope you enjoy this game, and if anyone else enjoyed this game I’m not going to put them down or say that their opinion is invalid. But this game had me blow air out my nose so many times out of disappointment. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

A season pass gets you one ‘seasons’ worth of dlc though :dunno:

That’s why no one is questioning the practice - it’s because they are completely up-front about it - it’s right there in the name.

If you buy a ‘season ticket’ for a football club, that doesn’t mean you have a seat for life - you have it for a season.

If they always included all dlc going forward, then there wouldn’t be much point in calling them ‘season passes’ - it would be just a ‘lifetime pass’ or something similar.

exactly.

multiple season passes is nothing new. Be it gaming or as you listed sports. 

Look at sports for example, a season ticket to lets say every Tampa Bay home game... gets you half the season for one price. If you want to see every Tampa Bay game, youll have to pay to travel and accommodations as well which is extra... like a 2nd season pass. 

Plus no one is forcing people to buy the season passes. "oh boo hoo, my 100%. now i need to buy dlc for a game i didnt like".... is seen far too much here.

2 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Where’d you hear that from? I really liked Odyssey and Origins as well. The characters, the gameplay, the story, and the plat and 100%

But everything about Valhalla, to me, was a major leap backwards and stretched everything good about the last 2 entries so thin that it’s barley recognizable. 

Stealth wasn’t even developed, too many characters with bland personalities, combat and abilities that serve no purpose, and the modern day stuff tried to fix the past 5 games problem in 30 minutes. 

I hope you enjoy this game, and if anyone else enjoyed this game I’m not going to put them down or say that their opinion is invalid. But this game had me blow air out my nose so many times out of disappointment. 

I think people just neg the series in general from what ive gathered from various threads on here even if they have never played them

They wanted a change when the series went a bit stale and they got that change (and a very good change imo) when origins got released and people still complained

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I think people just neg the series in general from what ive gathered from various threads on here even if they have never played them

They wanted a change when the series went a bit stale and they got that change (and a very good change imo) when origins got released and people still complained

People got tired of the same formula Assassin's Creed 3, Black Flag, Rogue and Unity kept continuing in the series. You had the same style of missions with those annoying 100 sync requirements.

I enjoyed Syndicate for what it was, but at that point people were already getting tiresome of the same formula so Ubisoft changed it up with Origins.

Now it's Ubisoft being locked into a RPG like franchise with no other way out. Assassin's Creed has changed a great deal since the original and Assassin's Creed II, and while it's good to see a series evolve, they're putting in far too much padding. People these days want their games to be 50 - 100+ hour marathons rather than a game you can knock out in 25 - 50 hours.

The series as a whole is suffering from fatigue. Ubisoft's first big mistake was making Assassin's Creed a yearly series, until they finally broke that with Origins. Looking at Odyssey and Valhalla and then comparing them to Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood are two entirely different universes. I'm basically supposed to understand how the Assassins became Assassins, and how the Templars became Templars.

Starting from Origins, you really don't exactly play as an Assassin. Were it not for the Assassin's Creed label, I think more people would of just taken Valhalla at face value, instead of comparing it to the history of the franchise.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

People these days want their games to be 50 - 100+ hour marathons rather than a game you can knock out in 25 - 50 hours.

Do they really though? I thought most people rarely finish games/get to the credits, hence why big, bombastic openings get so much polish and endings often feel unpolished.  

Edited by bikeman223

I like the Isu and Modern storylines, so another season of DLC tells me the Siege of Paris will not continue either of them, that it's just another historical theme park. So I'll just do like I have been: not buying any of the DLC until they actually decide to continue the storyline.

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice to hear someone with positive things to say about this one - ?

I actually like Valhalla a lot (liked Odyssey too).  I'm about 70 hours in and it feels like I just hit the midpoint of the story, which is a little nuts.  I think one of the issues people have with the game is you really need to pace yourself because it is massive.  This is not a game you knock out in a weekend.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Do they really though? I thought most people rarely finish games/get to the credits, hence why big, bombastic openings get so much polish and endings often feel unpolished.  

They don't, but Ubisoft doesn't necessarily need to make a grand epic. Origins was just the right size and it was already big enough. Hearing about all the collectibles in Valhalla and finding keys for them just sounds like a complete fucking chore. It reminds me of hunting all those chests in Unity, that entire map of Paris was bloated with boring sidequests and pointless collectibles.

Ubisoft needs to push out those microtransactions somehow. Thankfully most locations and collectibles in Odyssey are purely optional, and I've already skipped some military bases because they aren't worth doing.

AC Origins was the best game they have made in recent years. it was fun and varied and not padded sideways with pointless mundane tasks. but odyssey was flat out the worst, playing that shit was like having my soul sucked out through my eyeballs. and in my infinite stupidity i bought valhalla gold edition aswel. but a second season pass? FML.

16 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I don't get why folks are complaining about a game getting more content lmao. When devs don't support their games its an issue but when they do its an issue as well... 

Quality is what matters. Not the amount of content a game gets. The Witcher 3, despite taking me well over 100 hours to finish, had a lot of quality side content. Assassin's Creed Odyssey in contrast, not so much.

For every good area worth exploring, such as finding and killing that Cyclops, there are about 10 - 12 military bases that all look the same that all have the same objectives. In terms of side content, The Witcher 3 completely blows away Odyssey.

The scenery, historical monuments and bits of ancient history in Odyssey are all great. But there is far too much padding, in an open world that makes the open world in Origins look rather small in comparison.

Valhalla's collectibles sounds like hunting those chests in Unity all over again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I don't get why folks are complaining about a game getting more content lmao. When devs don't support their games its an issue but when they do its an issue as well... 

It's the trophy hunter in people they want to get on to the next game and not have to keep going back.  the gamer in a person wants more free content but the trophy hunter in us wants it to be done with so we can keep improving our accounts with new games and series.  It's really not that big a deal.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Quality is what matters. Not the amount of content a game gets. The Witcher 3, despite taking me well over 100 hours to finish, had a lot of quality side content. Assassin's Creed Odyssey in contrast, not so much.

For every good area worth exploring, such as finding and killing that Cyclops, there are about 10 - 12 military bases that all look the same that all have the same objectives. In terms of side content, The Witcher 3 completely blows away Odyssey.

The scenery, historical monuments and bits of ancient history in Odyssey are all great. But there is far too much padding, in an open world that makes the open world in Origins look rather small in comparison.

Valhalla's collectibles sounds like hunting those chests in Unity all over again.

I'm well aware quality is what matters most but it's great news that the devs are supporting their games for this long especially considering its a single player title, not too many get that sort of treatment. I'll judge after all the dlcs are released that's all I'm saying. 

23 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

It's the trophy hunter in people they want to get on to the next game and not have to keep going back.  the gamer in a person wants more free content but the trophy hunter in us wants it to be done with so we can keep improving our accounts with new games and series.  It's really not that big a deal.

Yeah pretty much. I noticed some just can't seem to separate trophies from the actual game and everything revolves around it.To each their own I suppose. 

1 minute ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I'm well aware quality is what matters most but it's great news that the devs are supporting their games for this long especially considering its a single player title, not too many get that sort of treatment. I'll judge after all the dlcs are released that's all I'm saying.

This is nothing new to Ubisoft. The last DLC related content for Odyssey came out in August 2019, nearly an entire year after the game was released in October of 2018. So in that respect, that's pretty good.

What does bother me and piss me off a bit is we're past the point where one Season Pass will get you everything, or close to everything in terms of DLC content. Ubisoft is just as scummy as 2K Games, EA, Activision and all the other big players. I regularly do DLC because I am a completionist, that's just how I go about trophies. So I pay a lot for DLC anyway.

Back to the topic of the actual game, Valhalla looks great but ultimately just sounds like yet another collectathon. I've played enough Assassin's Creed to know this firsthand, but I'm most definitely going to wait for a severe discount if I'm going to get Valhalla, as while there are certainly things that greatly appeal to me, there is a lot there that is turning me away from the franchise as a whole.

15 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

We're at the point where people don't even question the practice and intention behind DLC, because most DLC from my experience isn't an expansion pack as much as it is suckering more money out of people.

Preach brother. I am in the minority here, but I’ve really come to despise DLCs with a passion. I fucking hate them.

It’s a scummy business model, and irritates me to no end that it will never, ever go away because 99% of the player base is so eager to throw money at extra content months or years after release - even if it’s just empty, bloated add-ons that were most likely developed as part of the main game to begin with, and typically offer up more of the same experience you had in the vanilla game. You could chop off a couple of my fingers and I could still literally count the number of games I’ve personally played that actually had fantastic, worthwhile downloadable content on that one hand.

Most companies don’t even try to get creative and introduce something new or interesting in DLC packs these days, because why the hell would they? People are going to throw their money at you regardless so why even bother putting in the time and effort developing something original and creative. And we’re starting to see more and more companies cooking up these multi-tiered DLC rollouts with multiple season passes.

I know it’s not my business what people do with their money, but if people keep allowing themselves to be suckered into buying this stuff it’s only a matter of time before multiple season passes per game becomes the norm.

• Like 1