Could I Reload from an earlier save (pre-chapter) while attempting the speedrun?

FlaydenHynn

I missed some of the Chapter specific trophies and I want to try those and then restart if I mess up too much and waste time from a pre-chapter save I'll make after beating each chapter. My question is if I reload from those saves will the speedrun timer continue from where that save left off or will it negate the trophy? Thanks

Just leave the speedrun for last, after doing Akumu you'll unlock a one hit kill weapon that will allow you to steamroll through the whole game in like 2 hours. 

Edit: oh wait, you mean making several saves to get random trophies and then reloading? 

Doesn't matter, just make hardsaves before attempting the trophies and then reload. But even with those trophy detours, you can still make it in time without the need of reloading. 

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie

If you're asking if you load an earlier save will the timer continue on? The answer is no.

For example

if you have a save at Chapter 10 at 2:00:00 and get to Chapter 11 at 2:50:00,

if you feel you can do better, reload that Chapter 10 save,

You'll be at 2:00:00 again, letting you get better times.

I never tried with just restarting checkpoints, so I don't know if that'll add on to the timer.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 1:55 AM, BestUsername---- said:

If you're asking if you load an earlier save will the timer continue on? The answer is no.

For example

I never tried with just restarting checkpoints, so I don't know if that'll add on to the timer.

Awesome, cleared my question up perfectly, really glad to know.

Great game btw! Really enjoying the platinum hunt and can't wait to start the second

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 13/6/2021 at 5:55 PM, BestUsername---- said:

For example

I'm trying the speedrun on these days...there's no problem if I save, exit the game and then click on "Continue" to start where I left the day before, right?

Beacuse the description that there's on the trophy list I think it's not so clear...

I've currently finished the chapter eight, so I was wondering if I am doing right or not.

Thanks a lot 

2 hours ago, xHydragon said:

I'm trying the speedrun on these days...there's no problem if I save, exit the game and then click on "Continue" to start where I left the day before, right?

Beacuse the description that there's on the trophy list I think it's not so clear...

I've currently finished the chapter eight, so I was wondering if I am doing right or not.

Thanks a lot 

The timer only counts down while in-game and during cutscenes. The pause menu will stop the speedrun timer.

Saving at a hospital, end chapter, or checkpoint and then exiting the game does not add time. You can leave the game un-played for weeks and the timer will only be at the moment you left off. So yes, what you are doing won't add any time to your speedrun. Just don't die and hit continue, I think it's safer to reload a save from the main menu.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

So yes, what you are doing won't add any time to your speedrun. Just don't die and hit continue, I think it's safer to reload a save from the main menu.

Oh so the "continue" on the description referred to the one when you die! Ok now it's clear! Thanks a lot ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, Waspfarmer said:

sorry not related but if i finish the game in classic mode will it unlock the nightmare difficulty trophy at the same time? 

Yeah, beating the game on Akumu\Classic mode also unlocks the nightmare difficulty trophy. When on the guide is written “stackable” it means that will unlock all difficulty related trophies ?

Edited by xHydragon

• 3 months later...