FlaydenHynn

Could I Reload from an earlier save (pre-chapter) while attempting the speedrun?

6 posts in this topic

I missed some of the Chapter specific trophies and I want to try those and then restart if I mess up too much and waste time from a pre-chapter save I'll make after beating each chapter. My question is if I reload from those saves will the speedrun timer continue from where that save left off or will it negate the trophy? Thanks

probably best to be safe and finish the speedrun and then after go back for the chapter related trophies, just in case

Just leave the speedrun for last, after doing Akumu you'll unlock a one hit kill weapon that will allow you to steamroll through the whole game in like 2 hours. 

Edit: oh wait, you mean making several saves to get random trophies and then reloading? 

Doesn't matter, just make hardsaves before attempting the trophies and then reload. But even with those trophy detours, you can still make it in time without the need of reloading. 

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie

If you're asking if you load an earlier save will the timer continue on? The answer is no.

For example

if you have a save at Chapter 10 at 2:00:00 and get to Chapter 11 at 2:50:00,

if you feel you can do better, reload that Chapter 10 save,

You'll be at 2:00:00 again, letting you get better times.

I never tried with just restarting checkpoints, so I don't know if that'll add on to the timer.

Thanks everyone for letting me know, such a relief i can go back and try again if i make mistakes.

On 6/14/2021 at 1:55 AM, BestUsername---- said:

If you're asking if you load an earlier save will the timer continue on? The answer is no.

For example

if you have a save at Chapter 10 at 2:00:00 and get to Chapter 11 at 2:50:00,

if you feel you can do better, reload that Chapter 10 save,

You'll be at 2:00:00 again, letting you get better times.

I never tried with just restarting checkpoints, so I don't know if that'll add on to the timer.

Awesome, cleared my question up perfectly, really glad to know.

Great game btw! Really enjoying the platinum hunt and can't wait to start the second