Hades coming to PS4 and PS5 August 13

MidnightDragon

• 5 weeks later...

Seriously check this game out people. I've been playing it on PC and I'm honestly in love with it. I usually despise Rogue Likes but this game is so good and so polished that it rises above that.. The soundtrack, the combat, the art direction, the writing and the voice acting are all masterclass level stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, griffin123456789 said:

Seriously check this game out people.

I will, because it's coming to Game Pass. I have heard lots of good things about Hades and I'm already a big fan of roguelikes so I'm pretty hyped for it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 4:48 AM, Patrickosan said:

Achievements/Trophies doesn't seem to be frustrating, just a little bit time consuming and based on playing the game, nothing super hard or super easy, which I really like.

Yeah, it looks like one of those "just see everything this game offers" plats. I've dropped about 85 hours on the Switch version, and based on the trophy/achievement lists I've seen, I think I would've gotten the plat in around 50-60 if the Switch had trophies - and that's just from me playing the game normally and having no idea what any of the achievements were. I feel like you could maybe cut that time down by at least 10 hours if you quickly get the hang of the game and you're actively going after specific trophies. People like me who've already played the game to death should be able to do it even quicker.

Should be a really fun plat, in any case. Hades is ridiculously good, and I'm totally double-dipping on the PS version day 1.

• Like 1

Most of the trophies/achievements (based and steam and Xbox) are highly RNG based. So even if you know game very well, you need replay it many times and have your mind focused on one objective (like farming nectar or doing some pacts). It's super fun game, but the grind is real in some places. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Why ps4 though

that seems backwards

usually ps5 gets the free upgrade

On 6/13/2021 at 3:20 PM, ExHaseo said:

Finally. I've been wanting to play this, but knew it'd eventually get a console release. 

It already has like a year ago

its called the nintendo switch

8 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Why ps4 though

that seems backwards

usually ps5 gets the free upgrade

It already has like a year ago

its called the nintendo switch

What would the PS5 version be upgrading to though? So, you buy the PS4 version in this case, and get a free upgrade to the PS5 version.

Edited by SecondGenesis

3 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Thats correct

as ps5 is current gen

ps4 isnt an upgrade

thats a downgrade

Not everyone has PS5's, so the PS4 version makes sense. 

Played about 5 hours on Steam but I knew this would come out on Platstation, so I held off. Looking forward to this!

7 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

I think you're confused. You buy the PS4 version, and you also get the PS5 version, is it that confusing?

i know what cross buy is
try to stay with me here, its only a few lines

maybe read it slower to fully process it.
going from the original post, as i did from the start…it says theres a free ps4 upgrade

Now try to understand what “upgrade” means, it essentially means “better”

(I cant believe i have to break down sarcasm like this)

PS5 is the current generation of sony’s console hardware, thats where the upgrade is, with faster load times and better frames and resolution

not ps4, ps4 is a free downgrade if you purchase the upgraded ps5 version (thats where my point was and still is, ps4 is not an advancement or an upgrade when ps5 exists)

El oh el

7 hours ago, VisibleBanana said:

Not everyone has PS5's, so the PS4 version makes sense. 

I get that 100,000%

the guy above me doesnt

thats when u buy the ps4 version and when u do get a ps5 at some point, youll already have the free upgraded ps5 version at ur finger tips in ur purchased section

fuck!

On 8/8/2021 at 1:45 AM, Property_Damage said:

i know what cross buy is
try to stay with me here, its only a few lines

maybe read it slower to fully process it.
going from the original post, as i did from the start…it says theres a free ps4 upgrade

Now try to understand what “upgrade” means, it essentially means “better”

(I cant believe i have to break down sarcasm like this)

PS5 is the current generation of sony’s console hardware, thats where the upgrade is, with faster load times and better frames and resolution

not ps4, ps4 is a free downgrade if you purchase the upgraded ps5 version (thats where my point was and still is, ps4 is not an advancement or an upgrade when ps5 exists)

El oh el

I get that 100,000%

the guy above me doesnt

thats when u buy the ps4 version and when u do get a ps5 at some point, youll already have the free upgraded ps5 version at ur finger tips in ur purchased section

fuck!

Take a breath, you're going to give yourself an aneurysm lol 

I own a PS5, but am getting the PS4 version, as it's cheaper where I am than the PS5 version, and just getting the free upgrade.

Edited by SecondGenesis

On 8/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, Property_Damage said:

El oh el

Wrong. The physical PS5 version does not 'downgrade' to the PS4 version.

Every PS4 version 'upgrades' to a PS5 version though.

So stop bullshitting and confusing people.

Edited by NewDust
  • Like 3

It would be nice if Sony stuck with the "crossbuy" labeling from PS4, PS3, PSP, and Vita instead of "free upgrade" marketing Xbox started. Crossbuy is much clearer. If you buy the PS4 version of a game then you also get the PS3 version of a game. No confusion about patching or upgrading anything.

Gamers understood that the two version are seperate and not upgraded or downgraded from each other. It also stops giving Sony the out to not offer the PS4 version of games if you buy the PS5 version. Trophy stacking was also simpler.

• Like 3