Guardians of the Galaxy - 80 on Metacritic

Marvel's Avengers' combat was good, and the campaign was decent, but the GaaS stuff was a complete farce. Equipping items was slow and added nothing to the gameplay; having to manually delete every old piece of equipment was annoying as fuck as well. Honestly, without the bullshit half assed monetization this should be a pretty fun game.

• Like 2

I actually enjoyed Avengers quite a bit, though there are numerous major flaws to the game. I'm wondering if we're still going to get the Spider-Man DLC.

This looks good and I love the song choice for the trailer. I'll probably snag this up on PS4 by Christmas or before. I'm not getting a PS5 anytime soon, so I doubt I would wait until then to get the game.

Speaking of Guardians games, it would be nice if they put the Telltale Guardians game back on the PlayStation Store.

• Like 4

As someone who doesn't hate the Avengers game, I actually have mild hype for this. I'm a Superhero nut anyways, so I'm always down to see what new Superhero IP's give us (Marvel or DC doesn't matter). It's nice to see the Guardians getting a game though (outside of Telltale)...so I'll keep an eye on this. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

The gameplay looks… alright to.

I enjoyed Mankinded Divided & the Tomb Raider trilogy. The Avengers game was, no surprise to anyone, awful, so hopefully it isn’t like that.

The game has a steelbook which instantly intrigues me, but doesn’t mean I’m instantly going to go out and pre-order after barely showing anything.

Cautiously optimistic to say the least.

15 minutes ago, The Titan said:

The character designs look kinda bad imo. I hope they can at least let you customize them.

I’d assume they would, the pre-order bonus is a skin for each of them (I love the Rocket one) and the “best” Edition of the game includes two Star-Lord skins. Hopefully there’s more than just those though, having to pay for those as the only customization would be lame as hell.

• Like 1

I really liked what I saw but the one thing that sort of dissapoint's me is the fact that you only play as Star Lord but I understand why they've done it but still slightly dissapointed. It might be the one game I buy straight away this year because I doubt Horizon is out this year.

When this got revealed, I thought it was a more action orientated version of the Guardians Telltale game, with shooting, choices, squad commands and whatnot. It took a worrying amount of time before I realised the phrase I was looking for was "Mass Effect".

Like a lot of people, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Had this been the next game after Spider-Man then I'd have been all in right away but Avengers has made me a little wary of games based on the Marvel IPs. Studios before have also said that their game wouldn't have microtransactions and then added them post launch after the reviews are done so I'm taking that statement with a pinch of salt.

Still, it keeps throwing in the 70's/80's jams (Kiss and Iron Maiden have already been mentioned) and I'm likely to get it. Can take or leave Bad Reputation but to be able to blast enemies to Love Gun would just set off the happy centres in my brain.

• Like 1

Maybe this is mean of me to say, but I feel like Star Lord looks like a guy who stormed the Capitol. A neo-nazi douche with a punchable face. Maybe it's the hairstyle?

.. The game itself seems ok, but I'd rather be playing as Gamora or Rocket. (I say this as someone who is unfamiliar with these characters.. haven't seen any movies they've been in, nor read their comics, but I generally know who they are). I like the banter (though maybe there's a bit too much of it) and dialogue choices.