Legend of Mana remake on PS4 coming June 24

winter_bird_22

I don't know if this has been announced, but The Legend of Mana, an old PSX game which was part of the Mana series, is coming to PS4 with some upgrades. It looks like they aren't updating the sprites for people or monsters, but they are graphically HDing backgrounds and character portraits. There is also, like Secret of Mana remake, an option to switch music to the original and not use the newly remade OST. They also have a means to turn off encounters so you can go through earlier areas without having to deal with the weak monsters, making getting through the three story arcs much faster and they've added autosaving and the ability to save your game anywhere, even before boss fights! Finally, they added in the Playstation pocket mini-game Ring Ring Land, which allows you to obtain rare items early. Think Pocket Chocobo from the PC version of FFVIII.

Who is up to platinuming this game? I intend to and hope it's not too difficult or grindy a platinum. I know that the crafting systems will be coming back and those were a b--ch and a half to get through, so I might be renewing my subscription to LoM Kitchen. xD

Also, if you still don't care, it's only $30 and you can pre-order it up to the release on the PSN store.

• Like 1

As long as it's not as abysmal as the Secret of Mana remake I'll get it definitely. If Trials of Mana (still need to play) is anything to go by it should be fine. I still have the PS1 version that I never got around to playing so getting trophies too is wonderful.

I always felt that Trials of Mana remake is what the Secret of Mana remake should have been.  It's too bad that Legend of Mana is 2d, and not 3d like Trials of Mana.  I'm still willing to give it a shot though.  Hopefully Square-Enix learned their lesson and not release the game as a buggy mess (a.k.a., Secret of Mana)

On 6/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, locutus442 said:

I always felt that Trials of Mana remake is what the Secret of Mana remake should have been.  It's too bad that Legend of Mana is 2d, and not 3d like Trials of Mana.  I'm still willing to give it a shot though.  Hopefully Square-Enix learned their lesson and not release the game as a buggy mess (a.k.a., Secret of Mana)

I actually prefer that they kept the 2D look and didnt try to change it. LoM had beautiful scenery and artwork as well as excellent gameplay, and to change that to make it into a bland 3D game like Secret Of Mana remake was would just be a huge disservice to the franchise. 

SaGa Frontier Remaster is a great example. they didnt change much, just spruced things up a bit, added some QoL features and it was wonderful to play.

I just hope we get a good, decent trophy list that takes advantage of all the game has to offer...which I'm surprised we havent seen yet since Scarlet Nexus comes out the day prior and their list has been out (which is also a good one I'm looking forward to)

On 14.6.2021 at 1:06 AM, locutus442 said:

Man i was FUCKING MAD when i was far and then all of a sudden the game crashed and i had to do everything again 

The trophy list is out at exophase, it's a matter of time before it's uploaded here.

https://www.exophase.com/game/legend-of-mana-psn/trophies/

Any veteran of the game can chip in about what this plat entails? I only played this game a little bit back in the day and I don't remember much. No clue how long or hard this plat could be.