ColdDarkAndEmpty

Adept Killer Question..

7 posts in this topic

I've recently started playing killer alittle bit to get the Adept trophies but I guess requirements have changed since the guide was written? 

Used the Trapper and got the 4k with 12 hooks- hooked them all three times each, when the game was over I got ruthless killer with 3 gens left and lost no chases that I can remember and was able to keep healing to a minimum.  

I have a friend who is a Rank One killer and holds 100% on the game and he told me he gets merciless killer all the time with just 3k and one escape because now it's about the Emblem Points- three Iridescent and one gold will get you merciless long as you kill three survivors?

He also said that it's best to let the last few survivors finish all gens so you can continue to kick the gens to regress their progression. 

You were using ONLY his perks right and not a 4th? Just to clarify.

it may have been that you were to efficient with your 4k’s. The guide is still accurate it’s just point values for the badges get tweaked fairly often but if you stick with it you’ll get it without much problem.

If your getting all the hooks and so many gen’s left maybe try dragging your feet a little. Or just hold a corner of the map so they can get some gen’s but then have to run through a trapped feared area trying to do the last 1 or 2 gens which will give you plenty of chases, hits, hooks, gen kicks etc.

7 hours ago, FallenDestroyer said:

You were using ONLY his perks right and not a 4th? Just to clarify.

it may have been that you were to efficient with your 4k’s. The guide is still accurate it’s just point values for the badges get tweaked fairly often but if you stick with it you’ll get it without much problem.

If your getting all the hooks and so many gen’s left maybe try dragging your feet a little. Or just hold a corner of the map so they can get some gen’s but then have to run through a trapped feared area trying to do the last 1 or 2 gens which will give you plenty of chases, hits, hooks, gen kicks etc.

Absolutely, only used his three perks- I'm thinking maybe I wasn't brutal enough? A few hooks where due to someone stepping in the traps which gave me zero chase points. I did corner camp but that was unintentional because no sooner than I'd grab a new trap the other three survivors were in my back pocket either saving someone or stepping on a trap.

Ohh, I actually used a add on for my trap it was a spring do you think that could have effected it? No offering tho.  

Try hit survivors 2 hits and don't use your Bear trap too much 

If you've only just started playing killer, and you're a lower rank (below rank 12), you actually only need 2 iridescent and 2 gold. Hard to tell why that particular match went wrong without knowing what emblems you got, but I'd say just pay attention to your emblems at the end of each match, and you'll see where the shortfall is- if you hover over them, it breaks down what points you got, and anything that reduced them. You definitely can still get an Adept with a 3k- I got one recently- but it was an extremely drawn out match (and conversely, I've also not gotten them for 4ks). Trying to force them towards a particularly narrow selection of generators you can easily patrol, and kicking generators over downing survivors, is a good strategy for drawing out the game (even if it's less reliable at winning the games), and getting more Chase and Malicious and Gatekeeper points.

A short chase gets more Chase 'emblem' points than a long chase (unlike bloodpoints), but if you're not getting any at all from picking survivors in traps- and you could also be losing Malicious emblem points as well, if you did an interrupt instead of an attack, I think- try just hanging out near them while they try and escape, and then downing them shortly after they struggle free. It's a tricky balance- if you're watching a survivor without acting for a long time, the game won't consider it a 'chase' at all- but if you can surprise them around a corner immediately after they get free, it could turn a 0 point chase into a 145 point chase. And, obviously, be very aggressive about not camping- not only do you want unhooks to happen, but that proximity to hooked survivors can absolutely tank your Chase emblem points.

The DBD wiki does a pretty good job of stepping through the point contributors and deductors for each emblem, but at the end of the day, practice and perseverance will help you more than any guide- keep at it, don't get too frustrated, and it'll eventually be the cherry on top of a great round 👍

12 hours ago, JimKillington said:

If you've only just started playing killer, and you're a lower rank (below rank 12), you actually only need 2 iridescent and 2 gold. Hard to tell why that particular match went wrong without knowing what emblems you got, but I'd say just pay attention to your emblems at the end of each match, and you'll see where the shortfall is- if you hover over them, it breaks down what points you got, and anything that reduced them. You definitely can still get an Adept with a 3k- I got one recently- but it was an extremely drawn out match (and conversely, I've also not gotten them for 4ks). Trying to force them towards a particularly narrow selection of generators you can easily patrol, and kicking generators over downing survivors, is a good strategy for drawing out the game (even if it's less reliable at winning the games), and getting more Chase and Malicious and Gatekeeper points.

A short chase gets more Chase 'emblem' points than a long chase (unlike bloodpoints), but if you're not getting any at all from picking survivors in traps- and you could also be losing Malicious emblem points as well, if you did an interrupt instead of an attack, I think- try just hanging out near them while they try and escape, and then downing them shortly after they struggle free. It's a tricky balance- if you're watching a survivor without acting for a long time, the game won't consider it a 'chase' at all- but if you can surprise them around a corner immediately after they get free, it could turn a 0 point chase into a 145 point chase. And, obviously, be very aggressive about not camping- not only do you want unhooks to happen, but that proximity to hooked survivors can absolutely tank your Chase emblem points.

The DBD wiki does a pretty good job of stepping through the point contributors and deductors for each emblem, but at the end of the day, practice and perseverance will help you more than any guide- keep at it, don't get too frustrated, and it'll eventually be the cherry on top of a great round 1f44d.png

Thank you! I truly appreciate you taking the time and explaining all that to me- I'll be back on heavy this weekend and I will apply these strategies! I was getting frustrated I don't get 4k often and the ones I do get close on someone will DC now- I've had so many DC over my last 10-15 games one or two is common. 

My buddy said with the new patch you get full sacrifice credit from a DC now so maybe that will help. I've actually had the 4k twice and the final survivor will DC on way to hook. 

Posted (edited)

On 6/15/2021 at 10:22 PM, ColdDarkAndEmpty said:

Thank you! I truly appreciate you taking the time and explaining all that to me- I'll be back on heavy this weekend and I will apply these strategies! I was getting frustrated I don't get 4k often and the ones I do get close on someone will DC now- I've had so many DC over my last 10-15 games one or two is common. 

My buddy said with the new patch you get full sacrifice credit from a DC now so maybe that will help. I've actually had the 4k twice and the final survivor will DC on way to hook. 

I managed to get Merciless Killer (Adept) with the Doctor with one DC. It was Elodie. She did it later in the match though. As I was constantly chasing her for a time because the other person she was around was this Feng I felt bad for that I had got early on twice. Also my Adept Hag. I also was (and still am) a lower rank at the time (16).

Edited by AquaNSky