Are there any Ratalaika games worth playing

Sendai-Horatio

Not comprehensive, but I enjoyed these to some extent, the bolded ones in particular:

One Night Stand

Football Game

Zero Zero Zero Zero

Devious Dungeons 1 & 2

Midnight Deluxe

I've also heard good things about Duck Souls, Thunder Paw and The Long Reach, though haven't sampled them myself.

• Like 2

Anodyne 1 and 2 are both pretty interesting, and the former tends to go on very deep discount quite often.

I'm not sure I'd say it was 'good' but Back in 1995 is decent enough if you long for the classic survival horror style.
Distraint 1 and 2 are breezy but tell a nice little story together.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I've also heard good things about Duck Souls, Thunder Paw and The Long Reach, though haven't sampled them myself.

I’m 99% sure The Long Reach isn’t by Ratalaika-it isn’t a cross-buy for one (something I was thankful for because my personal experience with that game was unpleasant-I encountered a couple odd glitches that made completing it a chore). 

I haven’t personally played any Rata games yet, but Distraint is in my backlog. Am planning to buy at least a few more in the future. 

9 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

I’m 99% sure The Long Reach isn’t by Ratalaika-it isn’t a cross-buy for one (something I was thankful for because my personal experience with that game was unpleasant-I encountered a couple odd glitches that made completing it a chore). 

Hmm... it's certainly listed on their website, so maybe they were just the publisher for specific regions or platforms perhaps?

https://www.ratalaikagames.com/games/thelongreach.php

EDIT - ah, okay, I see - they did the port work, but it was published by Merge

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Shadow of Loot Box got a physical release from Play Asia but is sold out so buying it second hand is the only option.

Red Art Games also has a couple of their games released physically, though I don't recall which one are theirs or if they're even in stock still. https://www.redartgames.com/games

I also can't speak for the quality on any of their games.

16 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Turrican Flashback Collection is the best release from Ratalaika

Definitely legit old school. I said everything I want to say on Ratalalika at this point. 

Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition looks tempting, only because it requires you to actually finish the game. 

• 3 months later...

Devious Dungeon 1 and 2 are great.  I'd also recommend Ultra Hat Dimension as a cute and unique puzzle game.  If you're into VNs I can recommend One Night Stand, Autumn's Journey and Nicole.  All those I've personally played on here or on Steam and enjoyed them.  I personally think all Ratalaika games are pretty good, the worst I've played I'd rate as decent enough to buy on sale even if they weren't amazing.  Just be aware that they have a lot of variety in genres unlike Kemco that are mostly RPGs.

Stuff I haven't personally played that I've heard good stuff about VN wise would be: A Little Lily Princess, Strawberry Vinegar, and Angels with Scaly Wings.  I own A Little Lily Princess and Strawberry Vinegar on Steam and just haven't gotten to playing them and Angels with Scaly Wings is on my wishlist.  A Little Lily Princess is by one of my favorite VN devs. 

One last thing, someone mentioned checking Steam reviews, please do be aware to take Steam reviews with a grain of salt.  Don't look at the overall ranking of a game, actually scroll down on the store page and read the individual reviews.  There's a lot of trolls out there and people who recommend stuff for weird reasons and it's especially bad on easy games since plenty will recommend a game solely for being an easy 100%.  When you read the reviews you can see which ones do this and find the actual informative stuff that gives you a better idea if the game is something you might enjoy or not.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looked them up in the past and some do seem to have interesting stories. If these were around when I was a kid then I would have snapped them up in the point & click era, but I'm not much for nostalgia/retro when it comes to gaming. 

Though I do like the look of that Midnight Deluxe game. Used to play that bird game on Facebook and it was great pick up n' play fun.