AzurKane

PS5 upgrade pops! + Regional stacks?

24 posts in this topic

I have the UK PS4 disc of this game, activated the upgrade in the store, downloaded the ps5 version, uploaded my ps4 save and all the trophies popped (for what i have so far)

My question is, I have not tried this but would using the PS4 disc version from UK for example activate the PS5 upgrade for the other regions if you log into that account and try to upgrade from the store?

I'm guessing since the PS4 version is a WW release, you can use the disc on multiple regional accounts for upgrading to each PS5 version.

No, you cannot get the free upgrade in multiple regions, even if you own the game on disc. The upgrade checks the disc's CUSA code, and you'll be told you're not eligible for the upgrade in other regions.

However, I'm not sure if you can still auto-pop the trophies in multiple regions if you actually *buy* the game on PS5 in multiple regions. I might buy the game in a second region once its price goes down to test this out.

Out of curiosity, is the DLC region locked as well? If so, I'm betting that it will just be cheaper to buy a new PS5 copy once the price drops in a year instead of going for upgrades.

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Out of curiosity, is the DLC region locked as well? If so, I'm betting that it will just be cheaper to buy a new PS5 copy once the price drops in a year instead of going for upgrades.

Yes, dlc is almost always region locked

Thanks for the info guys, it just had me curious.

Posted (edited)

On 14/06/2021 at 3:17 PM, NathanielJohn said:

No, you cannot get the free upgrade in multiple regions, even if you own the game on disc. The upgrade checks the disc's CUSA code, and you'll be told you're not eligible for the upgrade in other regions.

However, I'm not sure if you can still auto-pop the trophies in multiple regions if you actually *buy* the game on PS5 in multiple regions. I might buy the game in a second region once its price goes down to test this out.

I did post about this yesterday in another thread but I'll post it here again. I can confirm that the save transfer for different regions doesn't work, PS5 version has to have save data uploaded from the same region it was played from the PS4 version. Example save data from PS4 EU version to PS5 EU version will work but PS4 EU version to PS5 US version won't work, it looks like it's tied to the region you have save data on the PS4 version. 

I actually like that they have done this, gives me another reason to go through this awesome game again.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ

On 18/6/2021 at 10:46 AM, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I did post about this yesterday in another thread but I'll post it here again. I can confirm that the save transfer for different regions doesn't work, PS5 version has to have save data uploaded from the same region it was played from the PS4 version. Example save data from PS4 EU version to PS5 EU version will work but PS4 EU version to PS5 US version won't work, it looks like it's tied to the region you have save data on the PS4 version. 

I actually like that they have done this, gives me another reason to go through this awesome game again.

Thanks, but does that mean you have access to all trophy stacks via free upgrade if you own the disc version? Yeah, you can't autopop it, but can you earn them legit?

U actually still can autopop the stacks I have done it myself but U need PS4 copy for that region U are trying to stack as well so what U do is play however long U want it can be the first 30 seconds of the game and it will still work U upload that save to the second stack and it autopops all the trophies it doesn't pop based on save data it pops based on your PS4 trophy list since there is only one PS4 trophy list for every region it will work no matter how much U play on each

7 hours ago, LuckySIime said:

U actually still can autopop the stacks I have done it myself but U need PS4 copy for that region U are trying to stack as well so what U do is play however long U want it can be the first 30 seconds of the game and it will still work U upload that save to the second stack and it autopops all the trophies it doesn't pop based on save data it pops based on your PS4 trophy list since there is only one PS4 trophy list for every region it will work no matter how much U play on each

Sounds abit weird because you'd think it's linked to the save data since the trophies unlock on the Playstation 5 once the save data has been downloaded. I wouldn't think it but I guess it's linked to the profile trophies which is odd, I would have to try it on another region to see. Only issue is getting the ps4 version of the other region stacks then getting the upgrades, hopefully it isn't too much trouble.

16 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Sounds abit weird because you'd think it's linked to the save data since the trophies unlock on the Playstation 5 once the save data has been downloaded. I wouldn't think it but I guess it's linked to the profile trophies which is odd, I would have to try it on another region to see. Only issue is getting the ps4 version of the other region stacks then getting the upgrades, hopefully it isn't too much trouble.

Yeah it's very weird I had to ask around abit to find a answer lol cos I Saw a few accounts with all stacks autopopped so I tried myself with the save didn't work then someone told me what I typed there pretty much and I was surprised to see it actually worked only downside is having to do a full replay for the Weiss trophy but still saves a whole lot of time since it only takes around 8-10 hours to beat the game skipping everything 

3 minutes ago, LuckySIime said:

Yeah it's very weird I had to ask around abit to find a answer lol cos I Saw a few accounts with all stacks autopopped so I tried myself with the save didn't work then someone told me what I typed there pretty much and I was surprised to see it actually worked only downside is having to do a full replay for the Weiss trophy but still saves a whole lot of time since it only takes around 8-10 hours to beat the game skipping everything 

It does save alot of time, has anyone autopopped all 4 PS5 stacks? 

Just now, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

It does save alot of time, has anyone autopopped all 4 PS5 stacks? 

Yeah only 1 person afaik but he doesn't have 100% on all yet I'm going for 100% on all rn but will probably take a break and play something else after this stack due to starting to get burnt out

1 hour ago, LuckySIime said:

Yeah only 1 person afaik but he doesn't have 100% on all yet I'm going for 100% on all rn but will probably take a break and play something else after this stack due to starting to get burnt out

One thing I just realised, you know you said the trophies autopopped for you even with an early save file. The Weiss battle trophy of course is done on the main game, so to get the Weiss battle trophy you would need to go through the main game at least through to Chapter 17?? And maybe even post game if you want to be strong enough to beat him and do some grinding.

7 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

One thing I just realised, you know you said the trophies autopopped for you even with an early save file. The Weiss battle trophy of course is done on the main game, so to get the Weiss battle trophy you would need to go through the main game at least through to Chapter 17?? And maybe even post game if you want to be strong enough to beat him and do some grinding.

Yeah you will have to do that I'm currently doing that rn it's not so bad it still definitely better then doing all trophies from scratch

19 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Thanks, but does that mean you have access to all trophy stacks via free upgrade if you own the disc version? Yeah, you can't autopop it, but can you earn them legit?

No, I already explained earlier in the thread that this is not possible. Whether or not you get the free upgrade and whether or not trophies auto-pop are separate issues. You only get the free upgrade for the region of your disc.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:17 AM, NathanielJohn said:

thst makes sense, but I’m looking at play Asia and they have the EU disk for nit thst much right now. 

of I get the EU disk, I should be able to get the EU upgrade correct?

Hi. Trying to understand the comments so far. If i summarize :

1. Using disc will only get the free upgrade for the region. Ie if I put in an R3 (JP) Disc, i will get the ps5 upgrade for Asia stack (JP). This is what i get (note, mine is JP coz my R3 Disc is JP / English). I think there's another R3 (Chinese / other Language stack) if not mistaken. I cannot get other regions ps5 version for free. This is confirmed.

2. If i purchase the NA FF7 Remake with my NA account. Can it receive my current save data which is played on PS4 (R3 Disc) and was uploaded via the in-game system?

3. If I purchase NA FF7 Remake and play the PS4 version with my existing save (I'm assuming it can) which was made from R3 Disc, and then upload via in-game, can the PS5 version trophy autopop?

thanks for those who can answer this.

Posted (edited)

On 27/06/2021 at 5:09 PM, YChoon said:

Hi. Trying to understand the comments so far. If i summarize :

1. Using disc will only get the free upgrade for the region. Ie if I put in an R3 (JP) Disc, i will get the ps5 upgrade for Asia stack (JP). This is what i get (note, mine is JP coz my R3 Disc is JP / English). I think there's another R3 (Chinese / other Language stack) if not mistaken. I cannot get other regions ps5 version for free. This is confirmed.

2. If i purchase the NA FF7 Remake with my NA account. Can it receive my current save data which is played on PS4 (R3 Disc) and was uploaded via the in-game system?

3. If I purchase NA FF7 Remake and play the PS4 version with my existing save (I'm assuming it can) which was made from R3 Disc, and then upload via in-game, can the PS5 version trophy autopop?

thanks for those who can answer this.

1) You must get the disk belong to that region before you can redeem the upgraded version, and there is no issue on playing on your main account.(ex: R3 ENG/JP disk with JP trophy list, and i change to my altenate EU/NA account and play)

2) No, i found this not long after game was released. Different language/region save data is not sharable, so you must play it all over and over again to stack all regions trophy.

3) no you cant, not the same region you can't find your save data in the main menu. Last year, i have a friend who ask for my help to platinum for him.(he playing R3 chinese version, but he pass me another copy of the disk, english version) even though i downloaded the save data into my ps, i cant load his progress. Somemore currently im playing another region stack, so i confirm you must play it again.

But no worry, i played multiple time(around 7), you can platinum FF7R within 40hours quickrun. 

Edited by immaxiboy5473

I have the EU disc version on PS4.

I also own all four region discs on PS5.

Will I be able to use my PS4 EU save to pop all four region stacks since I have them on disc?

14 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I have the EU disc version on PS4.

I also own all four region discs on PS5.

Will I be able to use my PS4 EU save to pop all four region stacks since I have them on disc?

No you can't. The other 3 disk you have to play it again.

Posted (edited)

OK so this just happened...

• When the game was released I played the Australian / EU version of the game on disc. I got the Platinum.
  • I got the free PS5 upgrade. Uploaded my save file from the PS4. Downloaded on the PS5 version and all trophies auto-popped.
  • I wanted to re-play this game for another Platinum for a regional stack.
  • Downloaded a version from the Singapore PSN store. This is the Asian region version, with the English / Japanese text / voice. Played untiI got to Chapter 3 and uploaded my save file.
  • Downloaded the free PS5 upgrade version. Downloaded the cloud save.
  • All trophies for the main game popped immediately despite only playing up to Chapter 3 on the 'new' region version I was playing.

Someone above had the same experience. So therefore, for some reason, the PS5 trophies on the new region version you are playing are not linked to the save file. I have no idea how this worked / works as the save file uploaded to the cloud, on the regional version i was playing, literally was just playing through to Chapter 3. From a trophy point of view it somehow ignored this.

Edited by espjh2

On 7/26/2021 at 7:44 PM, espjh2 said:

OK so this just happened...

• When the game was released I played the Australian / EU version of the game on disc. I got the Platinum.
  • I got the free PS5 upgrade. Uploaded my save file from the PS4. Downloaded on the PS5 version and all trophies auto-popped.
  • I wanted to re-play this game for another Platinum for a regional stack.
  • Downloaded a version from the Singapore PSN store. This is the Asian region version, with the English / Japanese text / voice. Played untiI got to Chapter 3 and uploaded my save file.
  • Downloaded the free PS5 upgrade version. Downloaded the cloud save.
  • All trophies for the main game popped immediately despite only playing up to Chapter 3 on the 'new' region version I was playing.

Someone above had the same experience. So therefore, for some reason, the PS5 trophies on the new region version you are playing are not linked to the save file. I have no idea how this worked / works as the save file uploaded to the cloud, on the regional version i was playing, literally was just playing through to Chapter 3. From a trophy point of view it somehow ignored this.

Thanks!! it really works!

i go to PS4 version start a new game, cleared 3 wave of trooper, unlocked the menu, save and quit to menu. 

Upload save data, go to PS5 version and pops!

good news even you doesnt need to download 100% of the game data to do this.

Just to check my understanding and some questions…

In order to do this region stack, I need to have the FF7 Remake Intergrade for that particular region?

Is there a way to get it if I only have the PS5 digital version and no access to physical discs?