Lust From Beyond announced for PS4

MidnightDragon

PC erotic horror game Lust From Beyond has been announced for PS4. There is a caveat, though. The original was AO and seeing how Sony won’t allow AO games on their consoles, this will be toned down, as indicated by the fact it’s the “M edition”.

• Like 1

Just a heads up, this is by the developers of Lust for Darkness, which is one of the worst PS4 games I've ever played. In that game they couldn't even program working menus, so I had to use an exploit to achieve the platinum. Other than that it was just a boring, uninspired slog to play through, and controlled like ass to boot. I hoped it would be entertaining, because the idea of a horror game with erotic and occult themes really appeals to me, but they did nothing with it, and it was super tame, maybe because they had to censor it, I have no idea. This trailer looks really similar to that game, so I wouldn't have high hopes for this one.

Edited by johamburgers

10 minutes ago, johamburgers said:

Just a heads up, this is by the developers of Lust for Darkness, which is one of the worst PS4 games I've ever played. In that game they couldn't even program working menus, so I had to use an exploit to achieve the platinum. Other than that it was just a boring, uninspired slog to play through, and controlled like ass to boot. I hoped it would be entertaining, because the idea of a horror game with erotic and occult themes really appeals to me, but they did nothing with it, and it was super tame, maybe because they had to censor it, I have no idea. This trailer looks really similar to that game, so I wouldn't have high hopes for this one.

They did have to censor it (a lot from what I’ve heard) hence the “Dawn Edition” subtitle on console versions. 

7 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

They did have to censor it (a lot from what I’ve heard) hence the “Dawn Edition” subtitle on console versions. 

That makes sense. Its a shame, because it being censored stripped it of a lot of its appeal.

Edited by johamburgers

I had a great experience with the first title, Lust for Darkness, on the PC. It ran smooth, looked great, and of course was uncensored but not lewd. Completed it in a couple sessions because I was so interested in seeing the story through. Then I tried the PS4 version and it was crap compared to the previous experience. Not smooth, slow moving/plodding, didn’t look good, and censored. I was disappointed.

I tried early gameplay of Lust from Beyond on the PC. It played well there but we’ll probably see a similar port as the first title. It doesn’t matter though, after seeing some of the depraved stuff they put into the second one, I’m not really interested. Part 1 was full frontal nudity and sex scenes but it was related to story and not presented as lewd. Part two takes it to another level. As soon as I walked up to a girl sh**ting in a guys mouth, I lost interest. It just took me out of it. To each their own, I guess. It’s safe to say that won’t make the cut on PS4.

Edited by NMErickson

9 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

If the censorship for the console version takes too much from the atmosphere of the game, then maybe it's better to play the PC version.

It kinda does. Maybe if you don’t know what you’re missing it’ll be fine but when your game and story is all based on a sex cult, the nudity and other stuff fits right in. Usually I don’t care about nudity in games because it’s just pidgeon-holed in there but in the Lust games there’s purpose and reason.