Resident Evil Village DLC - Shadow of Rose (October 28, 2022)

ziggypossum

Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

interesting

XRcxkAp.jpg

Fe5yrAG.jpg

Resident Evil Village DLC leak (self.GamingLeaksAndRumours)

Resident Evil 8 (village) dlc is on its way.

I can't say much, but it'll tell a story about "events that happened long time ago" and the second dlc will focus on action segments with codename "werewolf". Some can guess its content.

There's going to be a "COMPLETE EDITION" which will include all DLCs and VR support. It's icon (I guess you call it an icon) is Ethan holding Rose in the dark (his face is hidden, of course).

The title screen will change. Instead of scarecrow in a field it's going to show a vast lake (with some grass closer to camera) and snowy mountains in the distance on the other side.

Proofs only to moderators.

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

interesting

XRcxkAp.jpg

Fe5yrAG.jpg

Unfortunately, this leak is most likely fake. The top screenshot just screams fake to me. Why would Capcom put emphasis on the “Village” portion of the title instead of Biohazard or Resident Evil? It’s even lower cased for some reason. 

If you want more concrete evidence. The bottom screenshot is from almost a year ago from a “making-of” video at around 1:30. 

Now if this leaker lied about about the title screen changing, chances are he lied about his other information as well.

17 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Unfortunately, this leak is most likely fake. The top screenshot just screams fake to me. Why would Capcom put emphasis on the “Village” portion of the title instead of Biohazard or Resident Evil? It’s even lower cased for some reason. 

Not giving an opinion on whether this it is fake or real, but the emphasis was on "Village" the same way in the reveal trailer for Resident Evil Village. Although the Resident Evil was in upper case and there was a trademark sign next to it. 

I hope the DLC is story-based, and not some horde mode, quirky mode, or Mercs-like mode. I actually liked Mercs in Village outside of Factory II (ew) but for my mental health, no more S-ranks. Please. Something like End of Zoe would be perfect. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I hope the DLC is story-based, and not some horde mode, quirky mode, or Mercs-like mode. I actually liked Mercs in Village outside of Factory II (ew) but for my mental health, no more S-ranks. Please. Something like End of Zoe would be perfect. 

Absolutely mercenary mode is fine but noooo S rank, that shit was insane ?

• Like 3

Interesting! I won the RE Village collector's edition (psychical) in a contest a week before its release but haven't played the game yet because I want to play it on a Playstation 5, not on my generation 1 Playstation 4 that can barely run Plants VS Zombies without sounding like a jet engine.

But I'm interested about the DLC. RE VII's DLC was quite cool in my opinion so I'm curious to see what they'll add for RE Village!

39 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Interesting! I won the RE Village collector's edition (psychical) in a contest a week before its release but haven't played the game yet because I want to play it on a Playstation 5, not on my generation 1 Playstation 4 that can barely run Plants VS Zombies without sounding like a jet engine.

But I'm interested about the DLC. RE VII's DLC was quite cool in my opinion so I'm curious to see what they'll add for RE Village!

It's definitely going to be cool. Capcom never disappoints their RE fans ?

• Like 4

21 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

Absolutely mercenary mode is fine but noooo S rank, that shit was insane 1f602.png

I quite liked the S-ranks for the I variation of maps, some of the II variations were pretty hard. Factory II was ridiculous, took me about 41 hours to 1000G RE Village, and 10 hours would have just been that one map. You need to do basically a perfect run or you're fucked. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very interesting to see that they've implemented a third person mode for the main game, and from what I understand, the DLC is only available in third person. Fine by me since we get a better look at Rose and she's cute. ? I was waiting for the Gold Edition to come out before I played this game, so I'm definitely gonna pick that up. I'm unsure whether or not I'll play the main game in first person or third person. Leaning towards the former right now since that's how it was originally intended, but I'll see how good the third person implementation is before I make a final decision.

• Like 1

I was really hoping there'd be some kind of way to cheat at the original mercenaries mode with this dlc. It's the only trophy I have left for platinum and I'm just not looking forward to that stupid factory level on hard. Or any of them on hard. 

But the Rose dlc looks great. Third person mode is great. The whole game on PSVR2 is great. More playable characters for mercs mode is great. Lots of great stuff for this game coming up in four months!

• Like 1