Resident Evil Village DLC - Shadow of Rose (October 28, 2022)

ziggypossum

I wouldn't get too excited about not having to S rank missions for this new DLC. For all we know completing these additional orders could be a pain to do. We'll see.

Btw, I just checked the trophy percentage on PS5 and the additional orders has been completed by 0.01% of players while the story content is at 0.0%. Is this normal?

22 hours ago, Taizuke said:

I wouldn't get too excited about not having to S rank missions for this new DLC. For all we know completing these additional orders could be a pain to do. We'll see.

Btw, I just checked the trophy percentage on PS5 and the additional orders has been completed by 0.01% of players while the story content is at 0.0%. Is this normal?

DLC is not out yet. Probably devs testing something with the dlc. Happens a lot. 

• Like 1

Capcom will host Resident Evil Showcase on October 20 at 3:00 p.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. ET,

The broadcast will feature the Resident Evil 4 remake, Resident Evil Village Gold Edition, and “more on the menu”

On 10/16/2022 at 11:22 PM, Jasko_SOA said:

RE Re-Verse is supposed to come out on the same date, right? Anyone knows, if this will really be the case? Would love to play another RE MP game, even though Resistance was quite annoying :D 

Yes, Re;verse will come out the same day with the new Village DLC.

• Like 1

On 17.10.2022 at 6:22 AM, Jasko_SOA said:

RE Re-Verse is supposed to come out on the same date, right? Anyone knows, if this will really be the case? Would love to play another RE MP game, even though Resistance was quite annoying :D 

I can't believe anyone else besides me is looking forwards to Re:Verse lol. I can't explain it, but I know that game is really bad, but I really liked it during beta. Sort of like watching trashy TV, you know it's bad but on some days you want brainless entertainment

When I saw Chris's Hound-Wolf squad shooting at B.O.W.s I was actually excited there was gonna be another Operation Raccoon City style game. But it turned out to be Re: Verse. I know the people above me can't wait to play it, but unfortunately it's not for me.

Still can't wait to play the Village's DLC and try out the demo soon.

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

When I saw Chris's Hound-Wolf squad shooting at B.O.W.s I was actually excited there was gonna be another Operation Raccoon City style game. But it turned out to be Re: Verse. I know the people above me can't wait to play it, but unfortunately it's not for me.

Still can't wait to play the Village's DLC and try out the demo soon.

my god me too. For a moment I had hope.

I mean I'll still check out re:verse *maybe* for the sake of gaming, but ORC2 would have been my dream.

Also thank fuck the mercenaries trophies seem to only require completion, not S rank. Shootin' up enemies in mercenaries was fun sure, but playing it for a "perfect score" on a controller was not for me.

• Like 1

Not entirely clear on the effect of this DLC for the mercenaries mode in the original game (which, as for many others, is the only trophy holding me from the platinum because I value my mental health). Can you play the new characters in classic RE8 mercs, and if so, does this make it easier? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

Hello. Do you know when will be the early download of the DLC and the exact time the add-on will be unlocked? Regards

For asia version, it is already available for pre-download, and it will be playable in about an hour. (12am GMT +8)

Edited by James Tiger
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2022 at 9:11 PM, JingjangSotona said:

Not entirely clear on the effect of this DLC for the mercenaries mode in the original game (which, as for many others, is the only trophy holding me from the platinum because I value my mental health). Can you play the new characters in classic RE8 mercs, and if so, does this make it easier? Thanks.

From what I can see you can use new characters on old maps but not sure if it'll work for trophies as I already have them both. Chris seems kinda op so far and it's great fun to just punch everything

5 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Anyone know if the two additional mercenary trophies are just 2 stages/level? Or are they part of sort of “quest line” of say 6-7 stages?

Just two new maps. You have to unlock them (along with Lady D and Heisenberg) by playing the old maps. Chris is the only thing from this that is unlocked at the start.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Just two new maps. You have to unlock them (along with Lady D and Heisenberg) by playing the old maps. Chris is the only thing from this that is unlocked at the start.

So if you already SS the old maps the new ones are unlocked from the start as well? Or is a simple replay (any grade) required?

On 9/19/2022 at 0:23 PM, ziggypossum said:

Resident Evil Village's Shadows of Rose DLC Will 'Conclude the Winters Family Saga'

But the franchise creative leads wouldn't share a word about where the series is headed next.

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-villages-shadows-of-rose-dlc-will-conclude-the-winters-family-saga

This is a very odd choice of wording. Since the trilogy isnt done yet. I wonder what is coming next for 9

21 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

This is a very odd choice of wording. Since the trilogy isnt done yet. I wonder what is coming next for 9

I read somewhere that Capcom decided to shorten the trilogy to 2 games and ended the Winters storyline with this DLC (that wasn’t planned) because people, while liking the games, weren’t engaged with the Winters family or their story. 

$20 for a 3-4 hour DLC story and a few little things for mercenaries is wayyyyyy overpriced, wtf

The trophies are all easy too. No idea how difficult the story mode is but the main campaign on VoS was a cake walk for me. The other two mercenaries ones I beat in like a half hour with Chris. Just get A rank on the first one to unlock the second. Super easy if you just dump all money into upgrading firepower on both guns, and one capacity to refill the clip whenever you return to the duke's area

Trivial DLC trophy wise. Sucks to be a huge RE fan sometimes bc I knew I wasn't getting my moneys worth but didn't want to wait a month to play the story only to save $5. Prob just gonna run through it once on normal before doing the hard run just to extend the time I spend with it lol

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

So if you already SS the old maps the new ones are unlocked from the start as well? Or is a simple replay (any grade) required?

You'll probably have one of them unlocked. I think the second map requires that you get a certain rank on the first DLC map.

You have to A rank all six for Heisenberg and S rank the first DLC map for Lady D, though.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

You'll probably have one of them unlocked. I think the second map requires that you get a certain rank on the first DLC map.

You have to A rank all six for Heisenberg and S rank the first DLC map for Lady D, though.

You need rank "A" from Bloody Village to unlock Bloody River, then a "B" rank in the latter map is fine for trophy purposes. No need to touch hard maps. 

• Like 1