Supreme Jerk tips

xBenlander

• 3 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 10:03 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Here are my tips, just finished it. I went with four created characters. You can use any companion and retrain them to your liking. I used 2 snipers, 2 brawlers, an assault(Kwon), and a pistol character(Lucia). Once you get to HQ create a character for barter, weapon mods, and armor mods...no need to waste those skills on the main group. Just make sure every skill check field is covered by at least one member, and try to save those skill points until they are needed. I gave every character Animal Whisper level 5 and took both perks...Animal Training/Spirit Animal. In the end game I had six followers helping in every battle, and I found it useful. Save skill books! Only use them on the 10th and final spot if possible since that rank takes 6 points. If I remember anything else I'll edit the post.

Sniper 1

Sadomasochist/Vicious Avenger with Luck/Awareness/Intelligence maxed and building Charisma for high strike rate(2 on the other 3 attributes).

Skills: Sniper Rifles 10  Sneaky Shit 10 

Perks: Masterful Precision and Concentration in the sniper tree and Lights out in the sneaky tree. This sniper would start every battle by targeting the biggest badass in the room first. Would often destroy the first target, then give initiative to the rest of the team so the enemies don't attack first.

Sniper 2

Same but instead of Sneaky Shit I did 10 in Weird Science for the perks Microwave Research and Conductive Beams. Added a little Mechanics also to do more damage to machines. 

Brawlers 1 and 2

Waste Roamer/Lethal Weapon with Strength/Coordination/Speed maxed...Charisma 4 or 5 then all Luck. 

Skills: Brawling 10 for both then Nerd Stuff 10 on one and Animal Whisperer 10 on the other. They will have maximum movement with those attributes, so they can run around getting enemies to fight for the team.

Perks: Extreme Combo/Deadly Combo/Flurry of Blows...also if you have the skill points in leadership Rally works nicely at the start but you can put that on anyone other than the snipers.

Assault(Kwon)

Coordination/Awareness maxed...if you retrain him I would max Intelligence then add Charisma or Luck

Skills: Automatic Weapons 10

Perks: Double Tap/Trigger Happy

Pistol(Lucia)

Coordination/Awareness maxed...if you retrain her I would max Intelligence then add Charisma or Luck

Skills: Small Arms 10 Explosives 10 (pistols have short range so she got the launcher)

Perks: Opportunist/Draw/High Impact/Blast Radius  (Draw was rarely used so get that last if at all)

Super Awesome! Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know for certain whether it's possible to get the Supreme Jerk trophy (beat the game on the hardest difficulty) by playing on easier and then switching to the hardest difficulty only at the very end?

I've seen some conflicting information regarding this, for example here (this is for the Xbox version, though).

Maybe it was possible at some point but then got patched?

Thanks for any info!

• 8 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 9:03 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Once you get to HQ(and have enough money) create a character for barter, weapon mods, and armor mods...no need to waste those skills on the main group. 

So this character isn't part of the main team because of the six person limit? So you just switch them in or out whenever you need those skills?

On 9/20/2021 at 9:03 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Assault(Kwon)

Coordination/Awareness maxed...if you retrain him I would max Intelligence then add Charisma or Luck

Pistol(Lucia)

Coordination/Awareness maxed...if you retrain her I would max Intelligence then add Charisma or Luck

Second question, why retrain their attributes? Are Awareness and Coordination just not useful for those two?

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

So this character isn't part of the main team because of the six person limit? So you just switch them in or out whenever you need those skills?

Yeah, they stay at base....and you add them when you need them. Then just remove them when you're done. 

6 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Second question, why retrain their attributes? Are Awareness and Coordination just not useful for those two?

It's been a while since I played, but I think what I was trying to say is...

You want Awareness and Coordination maxed. It isn't necessary to respec...but if you do put remaining points into Intelligence, then add Charisma or Luck. If I remember right the standard build had some wasted points, but it wasn't terrible.

44 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I think there is info out there, just search achievement guide. I had to piece things together from various sources.

Yeah I was hoping for like an achievement walkthrough, but yeah I've looked around and I'll look some more.

There isn't so much a pure walk through like there is for Wasteland 2 over at TA, you have to piece everything together yourself. Be really careful what build advice you follow doing research as well, because the game was balanced quite a bit.  There is definitely still ways to be hilariously overpowered and grab end game weapons fairly early on however.

I just finished and my strategy starting out was a SMG serial killer and pyromaniac. 15% fire damage bonus and +3 AP on kill in combat. This guy hard carried the whole game and it wasn't even funny. Stat spread:

C - 10. Reasoning, having more points to attack and move at the start of Supreme jerk, especially with your heavy lifters is vital.
L - 1.   Almost completely useless stat for everyone but if you want to build a Sniper.
A - 4. This stat dictates ranged chance (small percentage though, weapon skills are your bulk training!) and primarily melee/ranged damage in 3% increments. At lv10, you get a 35/35%. This isn't a bad stat to put a little into at the start if you want your characters to hit harder from the get go.
S - 1 You can survive hits for a while even at the start with 1 strength. At end game in Supreme Jerk, I only had around 4 on every character.
S - 1. Most of your speed will come from armor mods and gear passives, but raw stat distribution does help in some cases for other builds. For this guy, not too much.
I - 1. 1 Skill point for every 1 attribute stat invested, along with crit chance and crit damage. Eventually, my entire party had maxed intelligence since base 20% crit chance and free skill points are essential.
C - 3. You want a couple points to grab strike actions starting out on your stone cold killer. Turning your SMG into a massive AOE torrent of death is often all you need to win a battle or turn the tide.

Skills

Automatic Weapons - 3
Animal Whisperer - 1

Just these two skills to start with since you only have 4 points. Your other two skills for this Ranger are Toaster Repair and Weird Science for their perks that synergize with fire damage.  Fire linkage is sold at the bazaar, which can be accessed any time by either farming $500 or doing the quests associated.

My other custom ranger was an EXP mule since characters scale to your highest removing re/adding them into the party. 10 Charisma, 6 intelligence. Dump all their points into relevant skill checks early on. Most common skillchecks are explosives, lockpicking, mechanics. They absolutely eclipse everything else. Nerd stuff is very uncommon. Once you assemble your full squad of 6 you want absolutely everything covered except barter and the two modding skills regardless. You can hit lv9 before even leaving for the world map if you do absolutely everything / every skill check downtown and in broadmoor.

Fun tidbits about the game:

Animal Whisperer is one of the best skills in the game, and animal companions provide valuable distractions and large HP pools for enemies to get through. I never lost an animal my entire time playing unless I shot them myself through friendly fire.

If you use a skill book on someone, that rank determines how many extra skill points they get if you respec them. If you save it from 9->10. One skill pook, which is one perk point, is 6 skill points.  You can abuse the hell out of this early on if you wanted, you find some skill books early on and can create a ranger palate to pump one stat, use the skill book, and then respec and spread the points out where you wanted. There's 2 or so skill books before you leave for world map. One in garden of gods if I'm not mistaken and one in broadmoor heights with the robot chicken.

Once you get radiation plating Lv1 for your Kodiak (tank vehicle you drive around the map) You can suicide run through some Lv2 radiation clouds if you know exactly where you're going. The southeastern part of the map has some spots without radiation where you can get access to a vendor named Cheebus. This NPC vendor is unaffiliated to any faction and sells extremely good (expensive) weaponry. It's worth doing because you can ROB cheebus, for a random chance at 2 weapons. You can absolutely beat the game with these weapons on SJ. They aren't the best of the best, but they are end game weapons maybe 15% of the way into your play through.

Edited by Tunnel1ngEffect

On 8/27/2023 at 12:02 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

It's been a while since I played, but I think what I was trying to say is...

You want Awareness and Coordination maxed. It isn't necessary to respec...but if you do put remaining points into Intelligence, then add Charisma or Luck. If I remember right the standard build had some wasted points, but it wasn't terrible.

Ok thanks, I think I just got confused by the wording. I’m not very far into the game yet but the build seems very promising so far.

On 8/27/2023 at 1:43 AM, JAK-KRIEG said:

Yeah I was hoping for like an achievement walkthrough, but yeah I've looked around and I'll look some more.

I couldn’t find an all-in-one guide like W2 had. Neoseeker’s text guide seems pretty good (https://www.neoseeker.com/wasteland-3/walkthrough) and I found a YouTube playlist that seems helpful for individual trophies and collectibles.

Edit: This steam achievement guide is also pretty useful. Steam Community :: Guide :: Wasteland 3 Achievements Guide

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

With respecs in mind Lucia and Fishlips are best companions 

You get Kwon early but you can just copy paste his whole skillset on Fishlips and that changes Kwon's useless +30% Initiative into way better Fishlips background +40% Critical damage. Just don't use skill books on Kwon.

After 1st playthrough with high Awareness on most characters i figured out it's not that good. 

Now on SJ i'm maxing Coordination on everyone from the begining expect Leader who starts with 10 Charisma. 

Most characters get 10 Luck after Coordination.

Sniper and Fishlips gets 10 Int before Luck.

Meele characters get Coordination->Strength->Speed->Luck

Luck is really OP. 

I don't fully get math behind it yet.

On SJ you sometimes will save scum hard fights and free move/shot or megacrit help a lot.

I think every good action have separate 10% chance of happening so like when meele guy runs through whole battlefield to kill someone he has 10% chance for his run to cost 0 AP and 10% to Megacrit. Not to mention that at least 1 character starts with 1 additional AP almost every fight.

From free 6 AP LMG attack to getting better loot. Luck is amazing and feels way better to play with then flat bonuses.

Also 20% lucky crit resistance (it's way better then you think)

Also everyone has at least 1 animal companion and 1 point in first aid for 1st perk (expect maybe sniper but manditory on meele).

A lot of characters can go down in 1st enemy round so that's free combat speed for your second turn.

Edited by WiktorM101