Is the outer worlds 2 only for xbox?

ITALUKE

9 minutes ago, Life-is-Torture said:

Probably will be an MS exclusive.

If you really love Bethesda games it's time to get a X series or get a high end pc.

I'm fine with my PS4, Doom is the only Bethesda IP that I like, never was a fan of TES or Fallout, first person rpg are not my thing.

TES and Fallout are both third person lol, its interchangeable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crazybasil said:

The platforms are yet to be announced, it's not fixed at the moment.

We know the platforms - PC and Xbox: 

Just over an hour in the trailer starts, it begins with "Xbox Console Exclusive", so it's not timed, it's Xbox only in terms of consoles.

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, M-C83 said:

It’ll most likely be on PlayStation at some point. Probably not straight away. The revenue lost that would normally be generated from Sony’s Business will be a huge factor.

Highly doubt it - it would have said 'launch exclusive' if that's the case.

Every Xbox Studio game will suffer heavy losses due to lack of sales thanks to Game Pass, but they'll use them as a way to try and get people to subscribe and/or buy the game on Steam and their PC store.

They clearly pulled Starfield from being developed for the PS (which it was probably almost finished for), as well as a few other Bethesda games due to the feedback from Xbox owners, I can't see them doing a U-turn unless they give up on the console business and turn into a publisher.

Basically, don't hold your breath, any new Bethesda games will be Xbox only in terms of consoles going forward, unless they specifically say 'launch exclusive' or state it's a multiplatform game from the start. But, Outer Worlds and Starfield are Xbox and PC only.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, M-C83 said:

It’ll most likely be on PlayStation at some point. Probably not straight away. The revenue lost that would normally be generated from Sony’s Business will be a huge factor.

You don't spend 7,5 billion squid to bolster the competition. Minecraft is the only Microsoft IP that comes to mind that has to be cross-platform due to the nature of the game. Everything else will be exclusive to Xbox and PC. It's naive to believe in a different outcome.

3 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Hey if Sony allows gamepass on its platform then it can happen ?

The contracts are only valid for Xbox and/or PC. You cannot just add another platform without negotation with the IP holders.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

You don't spend 7,5 billion squid to bolster the competition. Minecraft is the only Microsoft IP that comes to mind that has to be cross-platform due to the nature of the game. Everything else will be exclusive to Xbox and PC. It's naive to believe in a different outcome.

The contracts are only valid for Xbox and/or PC. You cannot just add another platform without negotation with the IP holders.

Microsoft has pretty clearly said that xbox games will be available anywhere that has gamepass. Of course Sony would have to cut some kind of deal but you fail to understand it wouldn't have to be much of a deal. I think Microsoft would just be happy to let people sub to gamepass on their playstation. Such a huge market.

Outer Worlds 2 should be on PS5. Microsoft is leaving money on the table for that by having it be Xbox/PC only (along with Starfield and that Arkane game they announced - Redfall I think).

Honestly, I don't think anyone should be surprised that Microsoft is trying to buy their way into relevance and sticking everything on GamePass rather than making a console exclusive that makes you want a Xbox Series X/S. Even though Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite are real tempting to get a Series X for alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Yah looks like it's xboxs time to shine. So many games coming out by xbox and little to nothing from Sony.

You will find xbox players swap between consoles as they are not loyal. The playstation gamers are loyal and always will be so if they choose to make exclusives we can no longer have etc sony will retaliate by removing cross play of certain games etc but at the end of the day the money is in playstation not xbox they just keep trying but failing no one wants an xbox except kids.

15 minutes ago, Delta-OscarMike said:

You will find xbox players swap between consoles as they are not loyal. The playstation gamers are loyal and always will be so if they choose to make exclusives we can no longer have etc sony will retaliate by removing cross play of certain games etc but at the end of the day the money is in playstation not xbox they just keep trying but failing no one wants an xbox except kids.

That's a weird outlook, people go where the games they want to play are. I own both xbox and playstation systems and they both have their pros and cons. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if we see companies begin to double down on exclusives more than ever now. I couldn't say this started with MS acquiring ZeniMax because it's been happening for a while now but that will certainly have a ripple effect and it has started the discussion of buying up companies on social media with people applauding it who don't understand how damaging a monopoly/lack of competition can be.

For those who are truly upset by this you can vote with your wallet and just not buy the game, but please consider if this only hurts yourself more in the long run as you deny yourself from a potentially enjoyable gaming experience.

Those die-hard fans who stick to one platform and yearn for acquisitions should be careful for they wish for with both Amazon and Google now toying with video game development. They also have the same buying power and could start dividing up the video game landscape even further.

These are my opinions and I can easily be wrong! Just the way it feels to me at the moment.

Edited by InfraRedPS
Amazon misspell
  • Like 2

Yeah, it’s exclusive. It’s been a pretty dick move by MS since these are franchises that’ve been played on most platforms for generations, but I guess it was expected, just not YET (I’d hope for Starfield to be on PS5), now I genuinely believe TES will be blocked as well. 

I won’t get a third system for them since I’ve already have a PS and Nintendo, but I may consider to get gamepass on a Smart TV in the future, I’m just not entirely convinced by it, since you’re forced to play at launch, then they will get them out of the pool, forcing you to buy a console and the full game if you want to keep playing/or play future DLCs, or just wait until they put the game inside again.

Edited by BlackTorito
Error
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Life-is-Torture said:

If you really love Bethesda games it's time to get a X series or get a high end pc.

You don't need a $2000 gaming rig to enjoy PC gaming.

High-end PC's are for rich people, people who live beyond their means, and professional Youtubers that get sent everything for free. The majority of us PC gamers play on low to mid-range systems. 85% of Steam users play at 1080p or below.

I've been gaming on my everyday HTPC quite a bit lately for convenience. Bought a used office desktop with a good i5 processor, and threw a GTX 1650 into it. It cost me around $320 total and it will play 98% of my games just fine at 1080p. Some games do require a little tweaking, but that's better than not being able to play them at all.

5 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

threw a GTX 1650 into it. It cost me around $320 total and it will play 98% of my games just fine at 1080p. Some games do require a little tweaking, but that's better than not being able to play them at all.

That video card is now more than your total cost on it's own.

Decent PC gaming has gone back to being a pretty expensive endeavor for anything over console performance levels and comparing hardware pricing, consoles will probably come out a little cheaper. 

2 hours ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

It isn't. Obsidian is wholly owned by Microsoft now. They make the rules.

If anything, Xbox were cool about it. They acquired Obsidian before Outer Worlds was released and honoured the cross-platform release anyway. They also didn’t try and interfere with Ghostwire and Deathloop timed PS5 exclusives for 1 year (although that may have been partially contractual).