Limited Run to release Castlevania Rondo of Blood on the Turbografx cd

SnowxSakura

I've wanted to add this to my collection for a while now, but didn't want to pay $200 or whatever it's going for these days. Can't say I've been waiting anywhere near as long as some people have, though; Rondo of Blood is a few years older than I am. 

24 minutes ago, Cave Johnson said:

I've wanted to add this to my collection for a while now, but didn't want to pay $200 or whatever it's going for these days. Can't say I've been waiting anywhere near as long as some people have, though; Rondo of Blood is a few years older than I am. 

It did have an unofficial english release by PCE Works, but I would rather have an official release

18 minutes ago, Cave Johnson said:

I wasn't aware of the unofficial release, but I'd also prefer an official one.

Yeah, they released a bunch of different bootleg type releases, a normal one that looks identical to the official JP release, a limited edition, and an even bigger limited edition

There are patched iso's you can burn that runs on the Turbo Duo, But this would be nicer for sure. I RGB modded the Turbo Duo and like WOW. But I then bought the Super SD System 3 so now all of my PCE games never leave the shelf. Honestly, it's a blast to hear anyone here mentioning the system and this game, you have good taste. Check this out if you haven't seen it before.

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

There are patched iso's you can burn that runs on the Turbo Duo, But this would be nicer for sure. I RGB modded the Turbo Duo and like WOW. But I then bought the Super SD System 3 so now all of my PCE games never leave the shelf. Honestly, it's a blast to hear anyone here mentioning the system and this game, you have good taste. Check this out if you haven't seen it before.

I've got a japanese turbo duo mainly for this game, and I gotta say it's a great system

Nice. I never imagined this happening, but it's good to see the English Rondo on TG systems.

They're also doing PS4/Switch physicals of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection in various editions- a $35 Standard one, Classic ($60, comes with a soundtrack CD, poster, NES-style sleeve, and a retro box with metallic ink ), Bloodlines (also $60, just replace the sleeve and box with a Mega Drive style case), and the Ultimate edition ($175!). Ultimate has everything and some more extras. A shadow box with lights and sound, mini-replicas of Castlevania boxes, retro art prints, and The History of Castlevania: Book of the Crescent Moon.

18 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I've got a japanese turbo duo mainly for this game, and I gotta say it's a great system

I do as well, it's the white version with Purple Text, I also love the shooters and jrpgs. There are so many great games whether it's Hucard or CD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I do as well, it's the white version with Purple Text, I also love the shooters and jrpgs. There are so many great games whether it's Hucard or CD.

I've only got a few hucard titles, don't really know what the better games are on hucard. Mainly play ninja gaiden, even though the screen scrolling is broken on it.