trophies autopop?

This is from ZeniMax but it's not clear, sounds like they won't auto pop or am I not reading it correct?

From https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577530/eso-console-enhanced-faq

Q: Will platform achievements carry over to the new platforms?
A: Previously earned platform achievements will be accessible on next generation consoles. Xbox platform achievements will be grouped together, regardless of what hardware was used to earn them. PlayStation 4 Trophies will still be visible on PlayStation 5, but new trophies earned on that console will count towards a separate Trophy set that is specific to PS5 gameplay.

3 minutes ago, InfraRedPS said:

This is from ZeniMax but it's not clear, sounds like they won't auto pop or am I not reading it correct?

From https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577530/eso-console-enhanced-faq

Q: Will platform achievements carry over to the new platforms?
A: Previously earned platform achievements will be accessible on next generation consoles. Xbox platform achievements will be grouped together, regardless of what hardware was used to earn them. PlayStation 4 Trophies will still be visible on PlayStation 5, but new trophies earned on that console will count towards a separate Trophy set that is specific to PS5 gameplay.

Hm sounds strange. I am not sure about it.  Like I saId maybe you have to trigger trophies with specific actions

15 minutes ago, GroundReaper94 said:

So, I tested the new version and I can confirm that there is no auto-pop. You have to redo everything but things like level 50 pops if you level up once with your champion character. Worst upgrade ever. No way that I am going to do everything again. RIP

That's so frustrating but thanks for confirming!

Remember ZOS has botched this launch and failed to get the digital version out on time... The disc version is the only version that allows you to play on PS5 right now with the new trophy list. Of course the early signs aren't good at the moment, but there's still hope that once they fix their shit regarding distributing the game digitally they might also fix the autopopping shit. Otherwise I guess leveling up other classes for fun might have come in handy when it comes to re-doing the trophies on the game.

Edited by Sergen

lol imagine investing +1000 hours in an online game for your stats not to be loaded in an improved version, most likely this version will have 0 achievers.

Hopefully that’s something they can add if we give enough feedback for it. Every trophy has a corresponding in-game achievement so why can’t they just check those at login and auto-pop them like any other game?

Edit: and then also auto-pop them if you fire up the PS4 version for those working on profile average completion percentage.

Edited by InfraRedPS

Damn... I was already upset that Chivalry 2 has no autopop although the ingame stats carry over, but Chivalry 2 is a walk in the park compared to this list. What a joke. 

Online games that carry over your ingame stats should always autopop all the trophies. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Salt_AU said:

This must be part of the 'better on Xbox' thing they mentioned. My opinion of Microsoft/Xbox/Bethesda couldn't be any worse and was I a huge fan of Bethesda games in general. 

How? Why? What are you trying to get at? You're saying it's 'better on Xbox' because you can't boot up the game and either get a > 1-minute platinum or have the game unlock all the trophies you grabbed on the PS4?

It could be an oversight, or maybe they couldn't get it to sync up the trophies due to how the game is programmed? Or, maybe they thought people would see it as a good thing that they can now earn all the trophies again? Either way, I don't see how this is 'better on Xbox' outside of the way Xbox upgrades their games so you're working on the same trophy list. It's not going to be an intentional thing to annoy people like you.

The best thing is to go on Twitter and bring it up with the official account and the devs, see if there's something they can do to unlock the trophies you grabbed on the PS4.

• Like 1

There are a couple of threads on the official forums about this so if it bugs you too then it's the best place to share your concern:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577750/so-on-the-ps5-version-i-have-to-do-all-trophies-again

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577631/so-will-trophies-auto-pop-on-ps5-or-do-you-need-to-do-everything-again

Personally I care more about completion percentage of my entire profile rather than quantity of trophies so having two lists with the same trophies is bad but manageable. A whole new list with 5% trophies unlocked even though I've met the requirements for most of them is worse.

23 minutes ago, karamutengo said:

I have 2500 hours and REALLY angry right now. I can not even start a new character because all my slots are full and I refuse to buy another character slot.

I can imagine your frustration :/

In case you missed it: we received a response from ZeniMax on the ESO forum. Nothing changing yet but they have heard our feedback and are looking into it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7302690/#Comment_7302690

"Hey all, just wanted to drop in here real quick. While ESO does not currently allow sharing trophies from PS4 to PS5, we have read all of the comments and concerns in this thread. We are looking into alternatives for this feature and will let you know if we are able to do an import of trophies in the future. Thank you for your feedback!"

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 1% of the trophies on PS4, and that awful "1%" on my trophy list has been driving me insane for years. I was hoping to give it another go on PS5, but it's a different list... so I'm banished to the PS4 version forever now. Pretty awful situation. I guess everyone with any kind of progress is in the same boat as me.

A forward autopop wouldn't even help because I'd still have to play on PS4

If it's true that they can't merge PS4/PS5 lists, then a two-way autopop would be the only thing that could save me.

A concrete example of trophy hunting ruining my gaming experience as I willingly don't buy the new version of a game so that I can work on my completion rate. I deserve all of this

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D-Rezzz said:

I have 1% of the trophies on PS4, and that awful "1%" on my trophy list has been driving me insane for years. I was hoping to give it another go on PS5, but it's a different list... so I'm banished to the PS4 version forever now. Pretty awful situation. I guess everyone with any kind of progress is in the same boat as me.

A forward autopop wouldn't even help because I'd still have to play on PS4

If it's true that they can't merge PS4/PS5 lists, then a two-way autopop would be the only thing that could save me.

A concrete example of trophy hunting ruining my gaming experience as I willingly don't buy the new version of a game so that I can work on my completion rate. I deserve all of this

August 10
Staff Post
Thanks for the follow up on this thread. We want to provide a quick update on this issue. We are working closely with our partners at Sony on investigating a solution. This will take some time and we’ll provide an update when we have more details to share. Thanks for your continued patience.