Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water announced

Yo, this is awesome! I've been interested in this series for a long time (I mean it has cute girls AND horror), but I didn't own the hardware to play any of them on. I'm so happy to see that we're finally getting a Fatal Frame game on modern PlayStation consoles. Will definitely be picking this up day one. ?

• Like 3

Fantastic! The originals were intense and had very unique gameplay. I can’t believe we’re seeing a new Fatal Frame remaster before a new Silent Hill. Hopefully it’s popular and inspires Konami to wake up and resurrect Silent Hill. Even if it’s just a makeover like Capcom did for Resident Evil 2 and 3.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

I'm still baffled as to why this series were semi-exclusive to Nintendo, I don't recall it to be a bestseller on that platform.
Anyways, gonna buy this to support this series and hope for the next entries to be released on all platforms.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

Which one is this then?

I did 1 and 2 on the PS2. Never did get around to 3. 

Is this a different one?

It's the 5th one. Originally released on WiiU in 2014.

Was super pleased to see this in the Nintendo Direct. Wii U copies go for like £100+ here nowadays, and I missed out on getting it when it was new, so was hoping they'd port it at some point. This also coming to PS4/PS5 just makes it even better.

Now they just need to port Xenoblade Chronicles X and I can die happy.

• Like 1

Oh I didn't notice this thread. I really hope to see HD collection release of Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, and Fatal Frame III: The Tormented on the modern consoles with trophy support. But this game, I haven't tried it yet. I'm pretty excited and will get it on day one to support the series.

• Like 3

Lol, I recently played Maiden of Black Water on WiiU and it's not the best Fatal Frame game but it's still ok. Only didn't play the 4th one and I hope they localise it and  remaster every game with platinums of course.

Hope Parasite Eve remake or something gets announced soon. 

So with this awesome news, can we expect Bayonetta 2 or imagine this nonsense, Zelda botw 1 and 2? Oh man, one can dream... ?

Edited by Ptirle

We need all Fatal Frame games released on current gen consoles, not only part V.

Remastered collection or smth like that, please.

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 1

I'm a huge Fatal Frame / Project 0 fan and this is the worst of the franchise. Like, by far, don't get your hopes up.

It released several years ago to mediocre reviews. 

It would be awesome to get Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remastered. That one was the last good FF and was never released in the west. 

Here's hoping we get all Project Zero, Crimson Butterfly, The Tormented and Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remastered. That would be one kickass platinum collection. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

We need all Fatal Frame games released on current gen consoles, not only part V.

Remastered collection or smth like that, please.

Maiden Of Black Water artwork (sorry, I found for the Switch only)

1BSnw0t.png

That picture is for the Shin Megami Tensei 5 collector's edition, not fatal frame