Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water announced

Just now, Golden Devil Gamer said:

A lot of people say Fatal Frame 4 was better, but unfortunately, it never came out outside of Japan. But the second game is definitely most people's favorite when excluding the fourth game. 

At least it has an english translation patch that makes it playable

2 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

A lot of people say Fatal Frame 4 was better, but unfortunately, it never came out outside of Japan. But the second game is definitely most people's favorite when excluding the fourth game. 

Isn't this Black Water one the same though? As in it never released outside of Japan? Or was that just for the 4th one. 

Just now, Cryogenicide_X said:

Isn't this Black Water one the same though? As in it never released outside of Japan? Or was that just for the 4th one. 

Nah, Black Water got an English release (a year after Japan iirc). However, Black Water was only on the Wii U, so not a lot of people got to play the game. 

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

At least it has an english translation patch that makes it playable

Yeah, bless Tempus and all of the other people that took the time to make an English TL patch.

19 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Is it true when most people say Fatal Frame 2 was the best one of them all? Most people I've heard say 2nd one the best. 

I personally preferred the first and the fourth (played in English with the fan patch). FFII is probably my least favorite, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. This franchise is one of my top five favorite video game franchises, period. I love I-IV. Spirit Camera (The 3DS spin-off) was...decent. It could’ve been great without so many hardware limitations IMO. I haven’t played V or the FFII remake on Wii.

But yes, most people consider II to be the best. 

Also, @SnowxSakura FFV did have a limited edition print run in the UK. But in the US it was digital only.

The Western release was also censored. Hopefully they don’t do that again. I honestly don’t care if the skimpy alternate costumes are missing. I care about the cutscene they censored. But I’m guessing the re-release will be fully censored too. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 2

On 15/06/2021 at 7:23 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Is it true when most people say Fatal Frame 2 was the best one of them all? Most people I've heard say 2nd one the best. 

It depends. If we're talking about the story, Fatal Frame 2 is the best. Also, the atmosphere, the ghosts, the sounds, everything in the game is more sinister than the others. And the Wii remake made the game way more beautiful, but it destroyed the gameplay (and that's a feat, because the original already was very rough).

If we are talking about the gameplay, I would say that Fatal Frame 3 is the best, but I never played 4 and 5. I'm sure that they are better in this aspect.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

On 6/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, TimeLordCrow13y said:

The Western release was also censored. Hopefully they don’t do that again. I honestly don’t care if the skimpy alternate costumes are missing. I care about the cutscene they censored. But I’m guessing the re-release will be fully censored too. 

I didn’t know about this, so thanks. Of course I had to research. That’s what researchers do. I watched the differences video. It said Europe version but I assume Western version the same. Oh the humanity! Seriously though, the lingerie costumes seemed more revealing but they weren’t lewd or anything. It’s funny what gets through and what gets censored.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Yo, this is awesome! I've been interested in this series for a long time (I mean it has cute girls AND horror), but I didn't own the hardware to play any of them on. I'm so happy to see that we're finally getting a Fatal Frame game on modern PlayStation consoles. Will definitely be picking this up day one. 1f601.png

For me this is number 1 horror series

Edited by Nelson_Otaku
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fatal Frame Sequel Prospects Raised By Koei Tecmo’s Keisuke Kikuchi

https://www.siliconera.com/fatal-frame-sequel-according-to-koei-tecmo-keisuke-kikuchi/

Keisuke Kikuchi, the producer of Koei Tecmo’s Fatal Frame series, discussed the prospects of a new sequel in the series in a new interview with Famitsu. His hope is that the performance of the upcoming ports of Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water can help greenlight development for a new title in the franchise. [Thanks, Ryokutya.]

Famitsu asked Kikuchi about the possibility of a new Fatal Frame sequel being made based on reactions from the series’ reboot.

Kikuchi responded with the following answer:

- “I hope so. This time we are providing [the Maiden of Black Water ports] as a 20th-anniversary project. This becomes an opportunity for many players to play it, and we really want to connect it to the next title.”

Good. The world needs a new Fatal Frame game.

• Like 1