Lift Trophy

I have been using singularity with liara for ages and i won't even get a counter on the screen showing my progress. I have mapped the ability to the right d pad button, and constantly use it, and i have the option turned off for auto use spells.

is this trophy bugged? or does singularity not work?

Guide mentions it's buggy. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/12908-mass-effect-3/28-sky-high

You need to knock enemies off their feet in order to obtain trophy. There are various skills that work for this such as:

• Singularity
  • Pull
  • Throw
  • Lift Grenade
  • Concussive Shot
  • Biotic Charge
  • Carnage (Maxed Out)
  • Overload (Maxed Out)
  • Flare (Citadel DLC)
  • Lash (Citadel DLC)

In the Legendary Edition, unlike the original, you can get this from commanding your squad members to use the skill to obtain this trophy. If your squad members use the skill on their own, it will not count.

Note: Some people have reported this as buggy and not registering for them when a squad member uses the skill. You can obtain this early on in a new playthrough. Right before you get onto the shuttle at the end of the Reaper Invasion on Earth, you will fight a few waves of enemies. From here try use an above skill as many enemies as you can. Once the Alliance member says they are there to pick you up, immediately reload the last auto-save and do this again. You can get this within a few reloads of the auto-save.

For me it didn't work with squad members. And even with Shepard the trophy progression seemed finicky when registering. Another good place to grind the "do this x amount of times" trophies is in the Armax Arsenal Arena. You will know you're close to unlocking this area when the game suddenly turns into an action comedy movie for some reason. I personally used Flare because Concussive Shot didn't seem to work and I hadn't unlocked any of the other powers in that list except for the last two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

I have been using singularity with liara for ages and i won't even get a counter on the screen showing my progress. I have mapped the ability to the right d pad button, and constantly use it, and i have the option turned off for auto use spells.

is this trophy bugged? or does singularity not work?

After you do the Omega stuff with Aria T'Loak, you can make Shepherds assignable power 'Lash' - that works 100% of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

If you guys are playing a tech class like engineer or sentinel, overload upgraded with the neural implant (5A upgrade) also counts totals toward this trophy, and is actually the fastest way to farm it since you can incapacitate 2-3 enemies at a time with a relatively short cool down compared to flare. As far as I know Lash is also just a single target ability. Just a heads up for anyone playing in the future.

Team mate powers just don't count toward the trophy, except Aria for some reason. Maybe they'll patch it at some point and make it like the rest of the games ability usages. It's an outlier at the moment.

I just made a new game bringing over my Shep from m.e 2. So she had lots of skill points made her a class with throw maxed it out so it had 2 balls and got to the part in the prologue with Anderson where your infront of a ship and it teaches you how to use cover (there's also 2 other soldiers in cover) the cannibals spawn infinitely aslong as you don't actually take cover at like 4 at a time and I just spammed throw and it tossed them around like rag dolls over all I think it took maybe 10-15 mins total from start up the new game to trophy pop I did the same with the burning trophy lol

Edited by Taliesin_2943

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 5:20 PM, Tunnel1ngEffect said:

If you guys are playing a tech class like engineer or sentinel, overload upgraded with the neural implant (5A upgrade) also counts totals toward this trophy, and is actually the fastest way to farm it since you can incapacitate 2-3 enemies at a time with a relatively short cool down compared to flare. As far as I know Lash is also just a single target ability. Just a heads up for anyone playing in the future.

Team mate powers just don't count toward the trophy, except Aria for some reason. Maybe they'll patch it at some point and make it like the rest of the games ability usages. It's an outlier at the moment.

I had to be the one using Lash with Shepard after Omega.  When I used it with Aria it never counted any of them.

Nothing was counting for me with team members either, so I ended up just using concussion shot with Shepard to get it. Goes pretty quick if you just use that as much as you can, and you can get some cool combo explosions if you hit them with some other effect first. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So, is it a bug, or a feature? Squad powers don't work for this trophy for everyone? I'm very careful not to spoil anything for myself, but I had to look up why the counter doesn't go up;D

Anyway, not a big deal.

Edit: got the trophy using upgraded Flare in no time (took me a mission or two without farming), as with flare you can blast multiple enemies at once.

Edited by depresso-cat
Update on situation