Suggestion - Change Fastest Platinum Milestone to a Non Auto Platinum

1 hour ago, I3rand0 said:

I think it would be great if end users could change their fastest platinum milestone to a non auto platinum trophy.

For example, my previous fastest platinum was Donut County at around 3 hours. Now it's FF 7 Remake on PS5 at 55 seconds.  I'd love to get the old one back instead of the duplicate that automatically unlocked.

doubt it's possible tbh

• 3 months later...

I agree. At the very least anything under a couple of seconds shouldn't be included. Had Ghost of Tsushima PS5 auto-pop, so the time is at "1 second".

But it's probably a more feasible "solution" to either remove the "Fastest Platinum" milestone altogether or add an option to let us hide it (or select it from among our 3 to 10 fastest platinums).

19 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Sometimes it's unavoidable, like Destiny 2 will autopop if you've already done the trophy requirements on another platform.

Ok so I don't know how it fully works.  If that is the case, doesn't the player still have to buy the copy of the game on the new system?

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

Destiny 2 is a FTP game, so in that case no.

Even if that is the case, they still would have to download a copy of the game, which would initiate the trophy auto-pop process.

I think it's just as simple as avoid auto-popping and it won't mess up your fastest platinum milestone.

5 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Even if that is the case, they still would have to download a copy of the game, which would initiate the trophy auto-pop process.

I think it's just as simple as avoid auto-popping and it won't mess up your fastest platinum milestone.

Fair enough, but I was making the point that it's not always a choice the game gives you. Some games you can choose to not upload or transfer a save so you avoid an autopop, whereas for others it autopops regardless as soon as you load the game up.

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Sure, someone could deliberately continue to play only on the inferior version, even after getting a PS5, just to avoid the autopop - 

16 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Fair enough, but I was making the point that it's not always a choice the game gives you. Some games you can choose to not upload or transfer a save so you avoid an autopop, whereas for others it autopops regardless as soon as you load the game up.

Under the assumption that they're continuing their ps4 game where it left off on ps5, then autopop wouldn't affect their fastest milestone unless they completed the ps4 version and then upgraded to play the game a 2nd time, causing a complete autopop.

I think, realistically, the number of people playing a game a second time are specifically doing so for the trophies on ps5, in which case, they're probably going to want to autopop and go as much as possible. The ones that are replaying for enjoyment mostly dont care about the trophies or milestones.

The number of people bothered by a ps5 upgrade inadvertently giving them a 1 second milestone is likely very few and very far in between.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Under the assumption that they're continuing their ps4 game where it left off on ps5, then autopop wouldn't affect their fastest milestone unless they completed the ps4 version and then upgraded to play the game a 2nd time, causing a complete autopop.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I had fully completed all the trophies on PS4, but when I got a PS5, obviously I want to be playing on that version for all the new elusive targets and for Contract Mode etc, so the only options would be to either keep playing on the PS4, and miss out, or have the full list autopop :dunno:

I actually would think that it would be nice if the Trophy Cabinet was able to hold other things, which might solve the problem entirely.

What if part of your trophy cabinet had set titles for certain spots?

That way a person could choose for example:

Hardest Platinum (in their opinion)

Fastest Platinum (their choice, so can skip auto-pops)

Fun Platinum (the one that gave them the most happiness)

Grind Platinum (not exactly hard, yet thank God it's over trophy)

I could go on, yet if not, then the other 5 spots of the 9 spot Trophy Cabinet can be whatever the player wants, we just cannot allow titles created by the users, as some could abuse it with profanity, threats, racism, or sexual mischief that could be abusive to other users.

Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Rarest Platinum (isn't this the same as the one below it?)

Platinum with the least Achievers

Platinum with most Achievers

Series with most Platinums

Platinum with the longest Gap between trophies

I like these, yet aren't the top 2 the same?

• Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Nah - my rarest would be Invisible Inc., at 0.44%, but it has 221 achievers.

My one with least achievers would be Chime Sharp - it’s at 2.76%, but has only 18 achievers.

Ok cool.

Well with the 4 of mine, and the 5 of yours I liked, that could be the new trophy cabinet.

Maybe need a 10th spot though for Proudest Platinum, as I don't know if it would always be the same as the "hardest".

2 hours ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

What a dumb opinion. I bet you would be satisfied if you lost out on that precious milestone of yours by an autopop lmao

I... don't understand what you're saying. You think I would be satisfied if I overwrote my fastest plat milestone with an autopop? Being that I don't autopop trophies, isn't that kind of clearly not the case?

2 hours ago, euantp_ said:

Its not that deep

Considering I wrote a one sentence response, I don't think it's that deep myself

13 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I like these, yet aren't the top 2 the same?

The top two actually aren’t the same! My rarest platinum is Call of Duty Black Ops 4 with 0.69% rarity with 2516 achievers. My game with the least achievers is The Lost Legend of Redwall at 6.02% rarity and 5 achievers. Hahah. But for some people the top two may be the same! 

• Like 1