Suggestion - Change Fastest Platinum Milestone to a Non Auto Platinum

5 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I... don't understand what you're saying. You think I would be satisfied if I overwrote my fastest plat milestone with an autopop? Being that I don't autopop trophies, isn't that kind of clearly not the case?

I think they were both being sarcastic dude.

26 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In all honesty - as little as I care about the autopop problem, I just think they could lose the "fastest" milestone entirely. I mean, there are a host of potential metrics that could make more interesting ones:

Rarest Platinum

Platinum with the least Achievers

Platinum with most Achievers

First Platinum of X year

Last Platinum of X year

Series with most Platinums

"Anniversary" Platinums (i.e. platinums earned on the anniversary of your first trophy)

Platinum with the longest Gap between trophies

and those are just off the top of my head - I'll bet there are loads of other possibilities that would be more interesting than "Fastest" - and haven't been essentially nullified by the existence of Autopop :dunno:

Yep, this. Just remove it. To be honest, even something like the longest platinum would be a much more interesting metric nowadays.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Platinum with the longest Gap between trophies

The idea of replacing "fastest Platinum" with the slowest platinum is actually really appealing to me xD It wold just be really whacky and fun to have a "negative" milestone in there amongs the other positive ones. I know mine would be over 6 years xD

• Like 1

Just now, jninja79 said:

The idea of replacing "fastest Platinum" with the slowest platinum is actually really appealing to me xD It wold just be really whacky and fun to have a "negative" milestone in there amongs the other positive ones. I know mine would be over 6 years xD

Its true - in all honesty, I’m much more interested in the games that draw people back after a decade than I am in what was the quickest Hentai Visual Novel to skip through or PS5 upgrade to autopop :dunno:

No shade on folks who do either BTW - all I mean is it is hardly interesting info to see it - and the idea of it being a milestone was set years ago, when these issues were not ever a reasonable consideration 

• Like 1

Not sure if it would be possible, but if the site gave you a setting to flag games on your own profile as autopopped then it can detect and ignore them games when calculating the fastest plat milestone for those that still want to see it and have it actually be relevant again. I also do like the idea of having a titles or acolades panel on your profile for certain feats such as the ones suggested up above, it will just add an extra little something to profiles, and give us extra things to work towards within the bigger picture of trophy hunting. Not that there is anything wrong with the system as it is but it would be cool to get them extra features if at all possible.

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Under the assumption that they're continuing their ps4 game where it left off on ps5, then autopop wouldn't affect their fastest milestone unless they completed the ps4 version and then upgraded to play the game a 2nd time, causing a complete autopop.

I think, realistically, the number of people playing a game a second time are specifically doing so for the trophies on ps5, in which case, they're probably going to want to autopop and go as much as possible. The ones that are replaying for enjoyment mostly dont care about the trophies or milestones.

The number of people bothered by a ps5 upgrade inadvertently giving them a 1 second milestone is likely very few and very far in between.

Destiny 2 is a service game and has heaps of content past its 1st dlc trophy list so lots of people are still playing it after 100% on ps4. 

Assuming it's just the trophy cabinet, there could probably be a check to see if it passes sixty seconds. I can't think of a legitimate game that takes longer than sixty and I can't think of a single autopopper that exceeds it (even Sound Shapes on PS3 takes less than 15 seconds with all DLC). Or if player's could filter their own games, or maybe have a community-chosen availability of a blacklist for titles like My Name is Mayo, Ratalaika titles, etc.

If it's for leaderboards though, it gets a little shaky:.

• If you do a time limit, people will just pop a single trophy and then time it out until the sync kicks in, giving first place.
  • If it's by an amount of trophies that pop within seconds of one another, I'm pretty sure some older titles like Madden had games where it was possible to pop 10+ trophies at the end of one game (which would not pop until the end of the game).

More profile customizability would be great! That goes for anything though, more is better unless they start letting people add auto-playing music to their pages or something. It's kind of just a given. ?‍♂️

But leaderboards are definitely in the best way they can be, as unfortunate as it may be.

Great idea. There ought to be a running Google doc of verified auto-pop games and their platforms that the site’s creators can feed into an exemption list for that milestone. Users who notice new autopop games could suggest those updates on the Google doc and mods could review it every so often and approve games they verify and then the site would add that to the milestone exemption list. I don’t know anything about site creation btw, this is just a brainstorm to make it easier on mods/site owners. 

13 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

If you autopop games then you should have to kiss that milestone goodbye like you already do now

That's right. 

The idea with the milestone was to truly demonstrate the fastest platinum and your most fast paced effort. I'm glad we can count on Sly to not change anything. 

1 hour ago, CelestialRequiem said:

That's right. 

That's not right cause it is unavoidable sometimes. I didn't want to ruin my fastest platinum and worked around it by, for example, popping a couple of trophy in spider man, waiting a day, then import a save and finishing new remastered set of trophies on my imported save.

But then PS5 Genshin Impact came out and it doesn't matter anymore, because now it is my fastest platinum at 0 seconds. Not much you could do there unless you want to play inferior version.

4 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

That's not right cause it is unavoidable sometimes. I didn't want to ruin my fastest platinum and worked around it by, for example, popping a couple of trophy in spider man, waiting a day, then import a save and finishing new remastered set of trophies on my imported save.

But then PS5 Genshin Impact came out and it doesn't matter anymore, because now it is my fastest platinum at 0 seconds. Not much you could do there unless you want to play inferior version.

I don't find auto-pops fair in general. 

3 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I don't find auto-pops fair in general. 

Well, I would gladly had the shared lists between PS4/PS5, but it's not technically possible.  And even then I would still had to pop FF7R, because the DLC is PS5 only and I am not crazy enough to reinvest 50 hours into the game just to fight the 1 new boss in the original game.

10 hours ago, ThePsychDr said:

Destiny 2 is a service game and has heaps of content past its 1st dlc trophy list so lots of people are still playing it after 100% on ps4. 

Similar to call of duty and battlefield, fortnite etc. They aren't playing it a second time, they're playing it continuously.  My point stands.

Majority of the people playing those types of games past %100 arent trophy hunting and could care less if the trophies autopopped.  It's a problem for a relatively few people.