New ps5 character? Or hope for a trophy patch?

I'll start by saying, I love playing a game over again for trophies. I prefer to not have them automatically popped from an old save file. I dont hold anything against people that do, you do you. 

But this game is different, obviously. And it seems to be that they won't auto-pop and any progress will have to be done twice for 100% completion on ps4 and ps5. 

So my question is.

Do I make a brand new Ps5 specific character? Or continue with my old Ps4 character and hope for a patch to sync up trophy progress? 

Personally I have about 300 hours and 45 trophies for my current character. 

Just want to know what others think. 

Personally I'm not even bothering with the PS5 version until they add in auto-pop. While faster loading times and 60fps is amazing, it feels like a short term gain as I'll be looking at my PSN profile in years to come and see this massive gaping hole with the PS5 version having very few trophies.

I'd much rather spend my time playing new games than replaying hundreds of hours of ESO to get the same trophies for the PS5 version which auto-pop would resolve in seconds. It would be even better if the PS4 version auto-popped too so we could launch it now and again to keep the trophy lists in sync.

There are a couple of threads on the official forums about this so if it bugs you too then it's the best place to share your concern:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577750/so-on-the-ps5-version-i-have-to-do-all-trophies-again

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577631/so-will-trophies-auto-pop-on-ps5-or-do-you-need-to-do-everything-again

Edited by InfraRedPS