Stalker 2 to be a 3 month timed exclusive to xbox

Thephoenixshow

24 minutes ago, Strelok-RT said:

I don't think this will come to PS though? Just PC after the 3 month exclusivity? It would be great to plat my own IGNamesake lol.

It'll be on PC day one - it's only a 'console launch exclusive' - similar to The Medium. So, expect to see it on PS between 3-6 months after release.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/10/2021 at 3:10 PM, ScarecrowsFate said:

What I've seen leads me to believe it'll be worth the 12-year wait (can't believe it's been so long—frightening). Hope I'm right.

I hope for your sake it's good man but this just makes me feel nervous

• Like 2

NFT’s seem to be the new way to bring in extra money for larger, more established entities. And it seems they’re trying to normalize it. Where a tiny indie studio might use Kickstarter to raise money and offer rewards for your likeness as an NPC or playable character like in Friday the 13th The Game, now bigger companies can say get our official NFT! Or in this case, be in the game as a metahuman! These things can sell for thousands and the creators get a cut.

There are benefits for both the creator and buyer but most common folk won’t see them. Recently one of my favorite alternative bands released a few new tracks exclusively through NFT. Only 200 available and the most serious or rich fans were paying tens of thousands of dollars for a few songs. I don’t know if everyone will get to hear the new music and that’s the only thing that bothers me about them. Sometimes they can be too exclusive for something simple like a few songs. Becoming a metahuman in Stalker shouldn’t affect everyone else, just please the people that have a lot of money to throw around. So I don’t have a problem with this one, though still not a fan of it. If they start attaching trophies or challenges exclusively through them, we’re f’d.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ukraine-developed Stalker 2 is on hold as studio ‘helps employees and families survive’

“On the 24th of February, Russia declared war on Ukraine and sent rockets, tanks and soldiers to our homeland. Our country is forced to fight for existence again. Seems like this is the price of freedom.”

Showing footage of explosions in various areas of Ukraine, the video adds: “This video is our answer to [the] ‘how are you guys?’ question. Now we are striving to help our employees and their families to survive.

“The game development shifted to the sidelines. But we will definitely continue. After the victory. Glory to Ukraine.”

From VGC article

Man, the heart and courage shown by the Ukrainian people is an inspiration. Praying for them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Is it actually coming to PlayStation though?

I know it's a timed exclusive, but last I read they said they had "no plans" to bring it to PS. Which I thought was an odd move. I couldn't find any news saying definitively it was coming. I hope so. I have a gaming PC just in case, but it's 7 years out-of-date at this point thanks to the chip shortage and skyrocketing prices of GPUs.

10 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

I think they're worried about something else right now.

Wow? Really? Like what? /s

I'm not here to get political or talk politics. I know what's going on in the world.

But I was wondering if anyone had found any confirmation that it is coming to PlayStation. I don't do Twitter or Social Media so it's quite possible that I miss announcements that only go there. People in this thread seem convinced it's coming to our platform, so I am curious.

Edited by DeathlessVoid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DeathlessVoid said:

Wow? Really? Like what? /s

I'm not here to get political or talk politics. I know what's going on in the world.

But I was wondering if anyone had found any confirmation that it is coming to PlayStation. I don't do Twitter or Social Media so it's quite possible that I miss announcements that only go there. People in this thread seem convinced it's coming to our platform, so I am curious.

Found after two seconds of Googling.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/06/you_wont_have_to_wait_too_long_for_s_t_a_l_k_e_r_2_on_ps5

On 3/16/2022 at 0:15 PM, DeathlessVoid said:

Is it actually coming to PlayStation though?

I know it's a timed exclusive, but last I read they said they had "no plans" to bring it to PS.

We have "no plans" is usually marketing speak for "Microsoft is paying us a lot and giving us wide advertisement, so we're not allowed to confirm it right now".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

Instead of treating people with the attitude that they're insensitive idiots, you could actually take a moment to realize that the Google algorithm is not a strict thing that shows the same search results to everyone. It actually bases your results on your own history and search routines. Therefore, Push Square was not on the top of my search results.

That said, you probably didn't read the article. It doesn't give developer confirmation that it's coming to PS5, as per what I asked for. Just yet another useless article among dozens that talk about the leaked documents of it being a 3-month exclusive.

Edited by DeathlessVoid
  • Like 4