Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

7 minutes ago, Vergil said:

When i did challenge mode i got logged out from psn and the game basically quit the chapter and had to restart over again. So yeah 

Yeah i get the notification of reconnect to psn before continuing from the checkpoint you were at btw.

Hey guys, with only 5-6 days remaining of max payne 3 online servers. To be sure if you have time to do all online trophies or not, if only lvl 50 is left and you at level 20 for example, then you have time if you grind it fully this week. If you have lvl 50 trophy left and for example at level 20 and also challenge mode left and another dlc trophy left then you should skip it. If you only have gang wars 5-0 trophy left then do it. If you only have challenge mode trophy left then do it. 

Edited by meyerpark
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vergil said:

When i did challenge mode i got logged out from psn and the game basically quit the chapter and had to restart over again. So yeah 

OK, but you logged out AFTER starting the game and the mode? Because only then it works for me offline.

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

OK, but you logged out AFTER starting the game and the mode? Because only then it works for me offline.

I was in the middle of a chapter and logged off from psn and it quit basically. I was still in game and logged in back few minutes later. But had to restart the chapter

4 minutes ago, Vergil said:

I was in the middle of a chapter and logged off from psn and it quit basically. I was still in game and logged in back few minutes later. But had to restart the chapter

Ok, so you were online and then challenge mode was available, like in my case. But when I am starting game offline, It is locked.

Any chance that you can test it? Restart PS3, do not login to PSN and start MP3. And then check if "Challenge mode" can be started. Will ya? :D.

5 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Ok, so you were online and then challenge mode was available, like in my case. But when I am starting game offline, It is locked.

Any chance that you can test it? Restart PS3, do not login to PSN and start MP3. And then check if "Challenge mode" can be started. Will ya? :D.

I recall that Challenge Mode can't be accessed when you are offline upon starting the game.

4 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

You cannot play challenge mode when starting the game offline. I’ve tested this before. The game thinks you do not own the DLC. You must complete the challenge mode before the shutdown. 

Exactly. This always happened to me when I forgot to log in to PSN first.

Edited by Deceptrox

3 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

You cannot play challenge mode when starting the game offline. I’ve tested this before. The game thinks you do not own the DLC. You must complete the challenge mode before the shutdown. 

2 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I recall that Challenge Mode can't be accessed when you are offline upon starting the game.

Perfect! Thanks. So that ends the discussion in this matter. 

I would propose that such info shall be actually sticked into 1st post... @POEman553+ list for all the trophies related to MP (MultiPlayer, not Max Payne :D... However..).

3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Exactly. This always happenes to me when I forgot to log in to PSN first.

One might assume that there could be a special circumstance where even after the shutdown, if you’re signed into PSN the game might still detect the DLC and in turn allow you to play it, but if the DLC also runs off of their servers it could be inaccessible too.

I personally would not risk it and just get it over with as it’s really easy and forgiving tbh. Some might not get the chance to play it either if they haven’t completed the campaign. ??‍♂️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Smashero said:

16312911013886683754463451752709.jpg

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Perfect! Thanks. So that ends the discussion in this matter. 

I would propose that such info shall be actually sticked into 1st post... @POEman553+ list for all the trophies related to MP (MultiPlayer, not Max Payne :D... However..).

It's on the first page that people need to be online to complete challenge mode. If they can't figure it out, I can't help them.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 2

Hi Guys, I have all online and DLC trophies except for challenge mode. I am trying to finish the campaign on Hard so I can unlock Challenge mode. I am currently on Chapter 8. If I dedicate my free time this weekend to finish the campaign on hard and then start and finish Challenge mode, is it doable? Love this game and would really like to get 100%. Worse case I can still get the platinum. 

6 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

It's on the first page that people need to be online to complete challenge mode. If they can't figure it out, I can't help them.

Pardon... Seems that I need stronger glasses :/

10 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Hi Guys, I have all online and DLC trophies except for challenge mode. I am trying to finish the campaign on Hard so I can unlock Challenge mode. I am currently on Chapter 8. If I dedicate my free time this weekend to finish the campaign on hard and then start and finish Challenge mode, is it doable? Love this game and would really like to get 100%. Worse case I can still get the platinum. 

Yes, easily.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

You should be fine, pretty easy to play through this game at least twice within 6 days or so. Challenge mode also skips a lot of the cutscenes so you will save time that way. You should be able to get it and hard mode done before the 16th. There is a good challenge guide that has what every single challenge at every checkpoint is over on ps trophies

• Like 1

According to programming logic, these trophies (challenge mode) are most likely offline.

The developer would have done a very stupid thing to intertwine with the online mode to the point of preventing people from playing offline

6 minutes ago, maurjen said:

i agree whoever starts now are in big trouble

I'm waiting for sept 17th for all the posters who will come crawling out of the woodwork to complain about the servers being shutdown and they wish they had time to finish despite having 9 years to get the online trophies done 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

I'm waiting for sept 17th for all the posters who will come crawling out of the woodwork to complain about the servers being shutdown and they wish they had time to finish despite having 9 years to get the online trophies done 

It is understandable for people to complain, the dynamism of life and the amount of things, possibilities and everything you can do here are endless, there are people who are not even aware of the shut down, and there are people who, even when informed, did not have free time to that. life is chaotic, you know?

19 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

Please, do not start this type of "war" again. Forget about the "9 years" - Rockstar announced it (correct me if I am wrong) on 16th of June 2021 that on 16th of September MP3 servers will be down:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/06/16/gta-online-ps3-server-closure/

That's 4 months before the server's closure - fair enough IMHO.
Enough time (with a "bit" of dedication) to get the game, get familiar with it, get to know what has to be done -> decide I am or I am not willing to do it. 

Same like with U2/U3/TLOU servers for PS3 - it was enough time for me to plan my actions in order to get the affected trophies.

Even here on PSNP always a lot of new topics appear when there is even slight info about such situations.

So IMHO your statement for "9 years" is a bit off the track - IMHO people who are interested in games and TROPHIES especially shall simply follow the daily/weekly announcements from "gaming world" if they are into it.

If they skipped it / didn't read the games related portals / didn't get info from their buddies - They CAN'T have any reason to "complain".

We all know that PS3 is going to be abandoned, forgotten, removed* soon from Sony's "road" like PSV. You simply have to be aware of that and stay focused.

Edited by Smashero

2 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

I got the Challenge Mode trophy within 24 hours after completing the game. It probably took me 8 or so hours to beat Challenge Mode. Totally doable. The best part is that you can complete chapters in any order.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HondaHoe said:

Wasn’t meant to start a war, but u have to admit that it’s kind of ridiculous that servers are open for years, and as soon as they are closed ppl show up out of nowhere blaming the developers for not keeping the servers open forever.

Yes, server closure announcements well in advance are nice, and everyone has a backlog and real life to take care of etc, but when you’ve had to ability to earn online trophies for a decade and somehow never got around to it, u can’t blame the developers for that 

Can't disagree :]

So I want to try to get to level 50 (I'm level 40) in multiplayer, complete the story (from chapter 7 or 8) and try the Challenge Mode (starting at Chapter 2, got the multiplier Trophy allready). In that order, because I want to keep the option to get the Platinum Trophy open. 

I know you can earn XP in Arcade, Story and Challenge Mode as well, but that is most likely not as effective as the Hoboken T sniperfest. 

Any ideas how many hours I need for that? So I can figure out the puzzle how to combine that with work and family.

19 minutes ago, ConAir said:

So I want to try to get to level 50 (I'm level 40) in multiplayer, complete the story (from chapter 7 or 8) and try the Challenge Mode (starting at Chapter 2, got the multiplier Trophy allready). In that order, because I want to keep the option to get the Platinum Trophy open. 

I know you can earn XP in Arcade, Story and Challenge Mode as well, but that is most likely not as effective as the Hoboken T sniperfest. 

Any ideas how many hours I need for that? So I can figure out the puzzle how to combine that with work and family.

Honestly I’ve been grinding chapter 4 checkpoint 1 in arcade mode.  As long as you get platinum award (which is pretty easy) you get 1000xp every ~3.5 minutes.