Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

1 hour ago, stupid0089 said:

Still the fastest way, albeit very boring.  

Yes, unless you have a friend who will help you gain a few levels in a couple of hours.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Found out that the last DLC Pack takes about 6-10 hours total, so I think it will be around 6-8 hours for the Challenge Mode.

Edited by ConAir
Extra information

On 9/10/2021 at 8:22 AM, meyerpark said:

Instead of doing max payne 3. How about you doing gta5 ps3, that theres alot more time

That's already unobtainable legit unless you had Run Like the Wind prior to mid 2017, which was when Rockstar removed the ability from multiplayer. Definitely a big risk considering all the modders/hackers that roam the online on the PS3 version nowadays. You're much safer and better off just playing the PS4 version online.

10 minutes ago, Frostezin said:

Do you guys think it's possible to get the lvl 50 trophy in these last few days? I will have plenty of free time to do it

no. I mean, technically yes, but we're talking about a scenario where: you need to play the campaign at least once from start to finish, unlock the score attack, and then replay the same level about 700 times reaching the platinum score. is a scenario where you play about 18 hours a day for the next few days. yes, it's possible, but it would be something totally maddening, even if you have the time for it. you would need to play mechanically for all that many hours and consistently get the score.

edit: judging by your profile, i assume you already have a good amount of xp, let's say you're level 15-20, it's possible yes but you need to run and not stop anymore, i'd say it's worth it because you're 65 of 68 trophies. go ahead, but focus, very focus. you even have The Shadows Rushed Me, getting this trophy and not platinum would be a waste, I really hope you do!

Edited by kevao97

On 10-9-2021 at 6:11 PM, Vergil said:

I was in the middle of a chapter and logged off from psn and it quit basically. I was still in game and logged in back few minutes later. But had to restart the chapter

We all agree that it's best to get all the Trophies before the server shutdown.

When it comes to Challenge Mode, I tried a few things. I think there might be an opportunity to get those Trophies when the servers are down, unless it's required to upload your score to the leaderboard.

I started a chapter in Challenge Mode and signed out. The game told me it was no longer possible to upload my times to the leaderboard but gave me the option to either quit to the menu or just continue without being signed in. I completed the first challenge in that chapter after that. 

Besides that, I can confirm that if you start your PS3 and than signout of PSN before you start Max Payne 3, you will not be able to play Challenge Mode. That makes sense because the game can't verify that you own the DLC / Rockstar Pass through your account.

Edited by ConAir
Additional information

26 minutes ago, ConAir said:

We all agree that it's best to get all the Trophies before the server shutdown.

When it comes to Challenge Mode, I tried a few things. I think there might be an opportunity to get those Trophies when the servers are down, unless it's required to upload your score to the leaderboard.

I started a chapter in Challenge Mode and signed out. The game told me it was no longer possible to upload my times to the leaderboard but gave me the option to either quit to the menu or just continue without being signed in. I completed the first challenge in that chapter after that. 

Besides that, I can confirm that if you start your PS3 and than signout of PSN before you start Max Payne 3, you will not be able to play Challenge Mode. That makes sense because the game can't verify that you own the DLC / Rockstar Pass through your account.

On 2021-09-10 at 6:26 PM, Vergil said:

16312911013886683754463451752709.jpg

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Get Challenge Mode out of the way as soon as you can. If you still need the Rank 50 trophy then you best grind that out very soon as well.

Like I wrote, we all agree it's best to get the Trophies before the server shutdown. 

2 hours ago, Vergil said:

That picture only shows up when I don't sign in on PSN and than start the game, because the game can't check with my account if I own the DLC. That makes perfect sense. I will run another test to see how the menu looks when I sign out during a Challenge Mode playthrough and than go back to the menu.

8 minutes ago, ConAir said:

That picture only shows up when I don't sign in on PSN and than start the game, because the game can't check with my account if I own the DLC. That makes perfect sense. I will run another test to see how the menu looks when I sign out during a Challenge Mode playthrough and than go back to the menu.

When you will singn off from PSN, Challenge mode will be still available "offline". But, as mentioned already many times, it can not be started when you start the game while being signed off from PSN.

Which means IMHO that after server's closure this mode will not be available anymore UNLESS it is only checking your PSN account if you have the DLC bought, but I rather doubt and it's connecting to MP3 servers.

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

When you will singn off from PSN, Challenge mode will be still available "offline". But, as mentioned already many times, it can not be started when you start the game while being signed off from PSN.

Which means IMHO that after server's closure this mode will not be available anymore UNLESS it is only checking your PSN account if you have the DLC bought, but I rather doubt and it's connecting to MP3 servers.

Yes, I can also confirm that first part from my own experience. The thing that I'm trying to figure out, is if you are still able to play Challenge Mode without being connected to the Max Payne servers. Because through your PSN account it will verify that you own the DLC. 

But even if you can play Challenge Mode without being connected. It's no guarantee that you can earn the Trophies until someone proofs you can after September 16th.

On 9/10/2021 at 0:23 PM, Afro_Gear said:

Hi Guys, I have all online and DLC trophies except for challenge mode. I am trying to finish the campaign on Hard so I can unlock Challenge mode. I am currently on Chapter 8. If I dedicate my free time this weekend to finish the campaign on hard and then start and finish Challenge mode, is it doable? Love this game and would really like to get 100%. Worse case I can still get the platinum. 

Since you struggling on Hard mode to unlock all the chapters first before the challenge mode. You might be doomed. You gotta beat the game before challenge mode

This is what happens when you disconnect from psn during in a chapter in challenge mode. You have to reconnect to servers as its required to connect to leaderboards which is part of servers. Its an online trophy and online dlc trophy. You can continue from the part in chapter where you lost connection to server when you reconnect to server/ sign back into psn again in mid chapter in challenge mode. 

Edited by meyerpark

On 10/09/2021 at 3:16 PM, HondaHoe said:

I'm waiting for sept 17th for all the posters who will come crawling out of the woodwork to complain about the servers being shutdown and they wish they had time to finish despite having 9 years to get the online trophies done 

There are plenty of games to play, it's totally doable to pass 9 years without you being able to play a game that was in your wishlist.

That's why at leat 30 days notice for games should be the best practice, this way we that were interested on a game can get it done in time.

Of course if you had a decent notice, there's nothing to cry if someone had plenty of warned time. If Max Payne 3 was shut down without warning, I'd seriously like to punch someone who claimed "HUR DUR NINE YEAR NINE YEAR"

Edited by EdinhoN

3 hours ago, meyerpark said:

Since you struggling on Hard mode to unlock all the chapters first before the challenge mode. You might be doomed. You gotta beat the game before challenge mode

You can also play on easy or medium to unlock them.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, meyerpark said:

Just 2 more days guys. 2 more days remaining

Just missing challenge mode. Not sure entirely how long this will take but I did the first four chapters this morning. Should be able to complete this tonight or tomorrow. Work has really put a toll on me almost no free time as of now. 

1 hour ago, ZachSmoke said:

Just missing challenge mode. Not sure entirely how long this will take but I did the first four chapters this morning. Should be able to complete this tonight or tomorrow. Work has really put a toll on me almost no free time as of now. 

it is rly easy and fast. You are able to do it in <5hours

• Like 1