Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

Just checked at 1:30 pm EST and servers still appear to be up. This doesn't mean that they will be up forever and somehow Rockstar Games missed this. When I go to Rockstar Social Club for this game, it only shows the PC version and nothing on the console versions.

If you're starting today and you haven't paid attention for months, you're likely S.O.L.

Also, it should be noted for emphasis: CHALLENGE MODE REQUIRES AN ONLINE CONNECTION TO GET BOTH TROPHIES. In order to get both trophies, you have to have beaten the game. Once the servers shutdown, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET THESE TWO TROPHIES.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

It can be played offline too. I just signed out and am playing it now.

It was like this before.

Ok, I am testing now. Same situation like already mentioned: when you start the game while being offline CM is not available.

After signing in to PSN it is available, only LB is not functioning. So maybe the game is actually checking your PSS if you have the DLC bought... 

At least it is working (so far :P), so good news for those, who didn't finish CM yet.

Edited by Smashero

9 minutes ago, Smashero said:

It was like this before.

Ok, I am testing now. Same situation like already mentioned: when you start the game while being offline CM is not available.

After signing in to PSN it is available, only LB is not functioning. So maybe the game is actually checking your PSS if you have the DLC bought... 

At least it is working (so far :P), so good news for those, who didn't finish CM yet.

Just updated the guide now, should be good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Good, I'm glad I was wrong about Challenge Mode. I'm able to access it as well.

Is anyone able to make progress on Single Player grinds? I'm looking at the grinds menu and a lot of them appear to be 'greyed out' but I'm not sure if that means anything.

Nothing grayed out for me, just maxed the blindfire one

44 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

It seems matchmaking was disabled, but not the servers. A guy in discord is still playing with his alt and gaining xp

Matchmaking is handled by sony that's why it still works. login server and backend database are run by rockstar

Edited by Dreamcast12

8 minutes ago, julianegan said:

I am level 45 and I am still playing. After the shutdown, I didn't turn off my ps3

Holy shit, you're crazy. good luck with that.