Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

24 minutes ago, julianegan said:

I am level 45 and I am still playing. After the shutdown, I didn't turn off my ps3

you need to enter a public match after reaching 50 for the trophy to unlock

4 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

You might have broken the man's dreams 1f601.png 

2 minutes ago, ZachSmoke said:

You broke mine for him ?

there are people here saying that they can still create games, if you are still connected this could be possible, we just don't know how long. it is necessary that at least one person in existence is still connected for this. lul

2 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

there are people here saying that they can still create games, if you are still connected this could be possible, we just don't know how long. it is necessary that at least one person in existence is still connected for this. lul

for there sake and sanity I fucking hope so.

• Like 2

They can keep playing (at least until R* really shuts it down) as long they never quit the game. The thing that happened for now is the server rejects any new attempts to load some sort of a configuration package for multiplayer mode.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/309260-server-shutdowns-and-unobtainable-trophies/?do=findComment&comment=6502775

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ars said:

They can keep playing (at least until R* really shuts it down) as long they never quit the game. The thing that happened for now is the server rejects any new attempts to load some sort of a configuration package for multiplayer mode.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/309260-server-shutdowns-and-unobtainable-trophies/?do=findComment&comment=6502775

Yeah, that's fair enough. I just hope some are not still grinding arcade. It's over for them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

you need to enter a public match after reaching 50 for the trophy to unlock

I knew. My boosting partner got the trophy doing this. Thank you, the info is appreciated.

On the other hand, I will get to level 50 and I will try to find a multiplayer match even if it doesn't exist the possibility of getting the trophy. If I have to be on for hours to get a match, I will try anyway.

Nevertheless, playing chapter 4-1 it will took me 4 or 5 hours I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

It is assumed that even if you reach level 50 in arcade you must access a multiplayer game to get the trophy.

4 hours ago, ZachSmoke said:

that's confirmed. 

On my way to level 50 I was disconnected from PSN on Tuesday (maintenance at the internet provider). I was playing Score Attack Mode and after disconnecting the game couldn't identify my PSN account anymore. I could stay and finish the round, but my account didn't receive the XP as a reward.

Btw, I received the lvl 40 Trophy after finishing/leaving Score Attack Mode. Not that it really matters now...

Edited by ConAir
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ConAir said:

It was also a nice surprise to see that the servers were up almost until the 17th (EU timezone) which gave some people the opportunity to finish the online Trophies. Compare that to the servers of the NFS games which only had a few hours of overtime. 

A nice surprise indeed, I hope some stragglers managed to finish what they needed. Still I am surprised how many people left this until the very last second. I thought I was a professional procrastinator but some of these guys put me to shame!

25 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

A nice surprise indeed, I hope some stragglers managed to finish what they needed. Still I am surprised how many people left this until the very last second. I thought I was a professional procrastinator but some of these guys put me to shame!

There are people that want to be -the last- person to earn a trophy, so they will push that time limit to the max. 

30 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

There are people that want to be -the last- person to earn a trophy, so they will push that time limit to the max. 

At PSNP Discord I was just told that someone actually is still on the server playing vs his alt account to get the lvl 50 Trophy. He can only invite those who have kept their PS3 connected to the Max Payne servers apparently, but that can't be many people...

Talking about pushing the time limit. ?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm in the top 10 last achievers for some trophies from some other games, it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience haha

4 hours ago, ConAir said:

At PSNP Discord I was just told that someone actually is still on the server playing vs his alt account to get the lvl 50 Trophy. He can only invite those who have kept their PS3 connected to the Max Payne servers apparently, but that can't be many people...

Talking about pushing the time limit. 1f914.png

these ones will have a hard time explaining themselves in a potential dispute if anyone thinks they're cheating for getting this trophy after the shut down

8 hours ago, kevao97 said:

I'm in the top 10 last achievers for some trophies from some other games, it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience haha

these ones will have a hard time explaining themselves in a potential dispute if anyone thinks they're cheating for getting this trophy after the shut down

Sure this is a smorgasbord for CFW edits too, but no one here has a hard time explaining something that was already tested and proven by many accounts. With all due respect, your top of anything won't put any weight on your opinion when you have no idea what you're talking about. Enjoy your prowess on other games.

1 hour ago, ars said:

Sure this is a smorgasbord for CFW edits too, but no one here has a hard time explaining something that was already tested and proven by many accounts. With all due respect, your top of anything won't put any weight on your opinion when you have no idea what you're talking about. Enjoy your prowess on other games.

I have no idea what you're talking about but you most likely misunderstood what I said