Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

On 9/17/2021 at 7:28 PM, HondaHoe said:

Max Payne 3 was never underrated. but many ppl avoided it cuz of the platinum requirements 

39 minutes ago, cometowner said:

It was never underrated 

Maybe not, but I definitely think it deserved some more attention. Sadly, R* will probably never make a sequel to this great franchise. At least there's the old Max Payne I could play.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 7:28 PM, HondaHoe said:

Max Payne 3 was never underrated. but many ppl avoided it cuz of the platinum requirements 

I can attest to that. I was just planning on delaying and delaying because that NYM Hardcore requirement seemed brutal. Server closures forced me to make a decision about it. And now just like Wolfenstein II, I have to finish it.

18 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Maybe not, but I definitely think it deserved some more attention. Sadly, R* will probably never make a sequel to this great franchise. At least there's the old Max Payne I could play.

I'd sooner the original developers did another Max Payne. 3 is good but it doesn't nail the tone, atmosphere or story of the first two games.

• Like 2

On 20/9/2021 at 5:12 AM, RedDevil757 said:

I'd sooner the original developers did another Max Payne. 3 is good but it doesn't nail the tone, atmosphere or story of the first two games.

Max Payne 3 is far better than the second. The first, beside how old it is and how outdated are the controls and some other stuff, is the best so far.

On 15/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, Mashun said:

Anyone still have chapter 4-1 playing in their heads? 

“I don’t know why I did it…”

Glass of milk and a blowjob xD

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 2:34 AM, ars said:

They can keep playing (at least until R* really shuts it down) as long they never quit the game. The thing that happened for now is the server rejects any new attempts to load some sort of a configuration package for multiplayer mode.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/309260-server-shutdowns-and-unobtainable-trophies/?do=findComment&comment=6502775

I would imagine the only thing rockstar servers on mp3 are used for is social club, connection is peer to peer for sure. Surely it can't cost that much to just show your crew in game, my guess is sony told rockstar shut down gta v on ps3 so rockstar said might aswell shut down mp3 and la noire too but that's all my guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rotarynights_ said:

I would imagine the only thing rockstar servers on mp3 are used for is social club, connection is peer to peer for sure. Surely it can't cost that much to just show your crew in game, my guess is sony told rockstar shut down gta v on ps3 so rockstar said might aswell shut down mp3 and la noire too but that's all my guess.

this is so dumb i understand GTA 5 we have the 3rd version coming out but Max Payne has no sequel, its the latest entry why shut it down or at least give us an alternate option to unlock trophies 

On 21.9.2021 at 4:19 PM, ZachSmoke said:

I feel your payne...

You goddamn son of a Bi-

• Like 1