Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

I loved the first two games and when seeing the news today I was thinking 'better do that now'. But after reading the comments and having played the first two only on pc I might skip this one. Just grinded through Far Cry 2 and dunno if I can face another massive grind followed by trying to get Shadows trophy before online goes.. (if that's the thing). Is the DLC free on PS3 like it is on Steam? No.. don't answer that...

22 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

I can confirm that NYM and NYMHC trophies can be achieved while offline

however, you must be connected online to play the challenge story mode from the "deathmatch made in heaven" dlc

So, it's not even required to be signed in to PSN? Sweet.

Thank you sir.

28 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

I can confirm that NYM and NYMHC trophies can be achieved while offline

however, you must be connected online to play the challenge story mode from the "deathmatch made in heaven" dlc

Wait, i read that even if you do the grind to level 50 in arcade mode (offline) you still need to connect online to pop up the trophy...its that right?

1 hour ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Just so people know, you need to start a multiplayer match after reaching level 50 (despite the actual grind being doable offline) for the trophy. So start this boring grind before it’s too late!

Is there a specific trophy that requires that or lvl 50 trophy only pops when in online match?

1 hour ago, x7251 said:

Thankfully I finished all of the online trophies a few months ago and got the platinum trophy. I knew the servers would not last much longer. The online wasn't active while I was playing. I recommended everyone play this game and get the online trophies out of the way. Underrated game, and I'm surprised Rockstar never remastered the game over to PS4/PS5.

Because greedy Rockstar earns more money with the next Version of GTA V than remastering any other game. Buy this instead and give them more of your money.

Not even gonna bother grinding to level 40 & 50 since I know I’ll never get 'The Shadows Rushed Me' trophy. It’s the only trophy I need for the plat (along with lvl 40 & 50 trophies ofc).

Edited by Amonares

11 minutes ago, akdkiller said:

Wait, i read that even if you do the grind to level 50 in arcade mode (offline) you still need to connect online to pop up the trophy...its that right?

if you get to level 50 in arcade mode, you will have to play 1 match online afterwards

the trophy will pop at the end of the match 

Wow! I literally just finished my last multiplayer trophy a month or so back. The level 50 grind was brutal but I just had a gut feeling this game might be on its last legs and I wanted to ensure I didn’t get locked out of the platinum. Good luck to everyone getting this one done over the summer, it’s a pain in the ass.

11 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Is there a specific trophy that requires that or lvl 50 trophy only pops when in online match?

It’s just that the level 50 trophy won’t pop when you reach level 50 playing Score Attack mode. In order to get it to pop you simply have to enter any online multiplayer mode and it will pop instantly.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, akdkiller said:

You can get to level/rank 50 playing arcade mode Chapter 4 part 1, but you need to be signed in to PSN or you won't get any xp. 

When you reach rank 50, you need to go to mp and start one online match (I did it on ranked, not sure if private works) for the trophy to pop. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

wonder when GTA 4 will be next to go, wouldn't be surprising since the others are shutting down and that was been around for like 14 years now

Any word on the Red Dead Redemption servers? I’m a bit worried about that one now. It just jumped way up my list of boosting priorities over the summer just in case.

Just now, upfront_ladder9 said:

Is there a way to get a sale for the season pass in ps3? I read some time ago that rockstar gave all the DLCs for free for pc

No, publishers are only able to put items on a permanent price drop. Sales aren't allowed anymore on the ps3 minus cross-buy titles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

didn't even think about that especially since the servers for RDR have been broken for a fair few years now as well ^ 

Arent the rdr servers p2p? I prioritised rdr over max payne 3 so have that done and didnt think i would need to get max payne done as soon as possible. Good ol cockstar 

2 hours ago, Vergil said:

Any reason why the express checkout trophy don't unlock. Tried in both private and public with grenade

A friend had the same problem. 

While going for it me and another one got without problems, but we were hosting.

After we noticed this same detail, he was hosting the next one and got it.

I don't exactly remember if level 50 offline takes 1000 or 2000 games, but it was something close to that. I took me 15 days playing about 4 hours per day at the time. there is a more effective way to level up, but you would need friends tho.