POEman553

Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

147 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

It sucks that this game had to have online trophies. The Shadows Rushed Me is one of those trophies that always makes me stop and go "Holy shit, this guy is good at video games" when I see it on a profile, and now we'll be seeing a lot less of it with the Platinum becoming unobtainable.

it will still be obtainable, but it is unlikely that more people will win this trophy without the possibility of platinum later ;/

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

it will still be obtainable, but it is unlikely that more people will win this trophy without the possibility of platinum later ;/

For sure, it's just most people are going to see it's unobtainable and (rightfully) not bother, so there will be a lot less of the NYMHC clear getting achieved which is a shame.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

For sure, it's just most people are going to see it's unobtainable and (rightfully) not bother, so there will be a lot less of the NYMHC clear getting achieved which is a shame.


true, but how many people are starting 10 year old video games from two generations ago.  I am sure a few but the number has to be fairly small.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I don't exactly remember if level 50 offline takes 1000 or 2000 games, but it was something close to that. I took me 15 days playing about 4 hours per day at the time. there is a more effective way to level up, but you would need friends tho.

 

starting from scratch you will have to play/grind the arcade level 620 times to get to level 50. this alone will take 31 hours

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

 

starting from scratch you will have to play/grind the arcade level 620 times to get to level 50. this alone will take 31 hours

 

Is there any sort of exp boosting method with other people that works? Or is playing arcade the fastest 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Is there any sort of exp boosting method with other people that works? Or is playing arcade the fastest 

 

arcade is definitely the fastest method 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Is there any sort of exp boosting method with other people that works? Or is playing arcade the fastest 


It’s technically possible to get a bunch of people together and farm kills and get faster XP than arcade mode. But it’s just not practical at all unless you have a small army of friends who are willing to stand around and act as meat shields for hours.

 

I was in a boosting group that was determined to try this method. There was like 10 people taking turns farming kills off the rest of the group, but the problem was that during your turn you could get a massive amount of XP, but then you’d spend the next 9 matches doing absolutely nothing while you helped the next guy. In the long run it’s horrible XP/h.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap.. I'm coming round to the idea of doing this now. Does anyone know how much the dlc is? Saw the dlc trophies take 5 hours ish and I have access to two other PS3s so maybe could get them quicker. The Shadows trophy is definitely offline and doesn't need social club.. I just need patience and practice?

 

Need to finish off GTA V trophies, GTA IV add ons and RDR1+add ons just in case now. Doing LAN doesn't worry me and I haven't played it and could buy the PS4 version to get those.

 

Anyone in a discord for Max Payne 3?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djb5f said:


true, but how many people are starting 10 year old video games from two generations ago.  I am sure a few but the number has to be fairly small.

I bought this game on day one, but I only started it in 2017. I'm sure there are people in a similar situation

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Is there any sort of exp boosting method with other people that works? Or is playing arcade the fastest 

 

1 hour ago, HondaHoe said:

 

arcade is definitely the fastest method 

 

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:


It’s technically possible to get a bunch of people together and farm kills and get faster XP than arcade mode. But it’s just not practical at all unless you have a small army of friends who are willing to stand around and act as meat shields for hours.

 

I was in a boosting group that was determined to try this method. There was like 10 people taking turns farming kills off the rest of the group, but the problem was that during your turn you could get a massive amount of XP, but then you’d spend the next 9 matches doing absolutely nothing while you helped the next guy. In the long run it’s horrible XP/h.

i've been on a boost for dlcs, everyone already had platinum except one participant. we all agreed to help him at level 50. in about 10 hours he did it, but this is a rare case.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for a Max Payne 3 Remaster, since L.A. Noire got one.

You just can't read Rockstar’s mind. LoL 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kevao97 said:

I bought this game on day one, but I only started it in 2017. I'm sure there are people in a similar situation

 

 

i've been on a boost for dlcs, everyone already had platinum except one participant. we all agreed to help him at level 50. in about 10 hours he did it, but this is a rare case.


That was really nice of you guys. 🙂 I’ve heard a couple other people claim to have gotten the trophy this way, but like you said it’s a rare occurrence. You’d either need a dedicated group of close friends, or to meet some really selfless boosters! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wish you the best of luck guys ^^ .

Edited by Hysteria
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

It sucks that this game had to have online trophies. The Shadows Rushed Me is one of those trophies that always makes me stop and go "Holy shit, this guy is good at video games" when I see it on a profile, and now we'll be seeing a lot less of it with the Platinum becoming unobtainable.

 

I think you have max Payne played on an alternate account. correct? 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cometowner said:

I think you have max Payne played on an alternate account. correct? 

I don't own the game, just a bystander that has heard the horror stories about NYMHC.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I don't own the game, just a bystander that has heard the horror stories about NYMHC.

 

come on bro so you did not play it just because you think you cannot do NYMHC or you don't like the franchise itself.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, cometowner said:

come on bro so you did not play it just because you think you cannot do NYMHC or you don't like the franchise itself.  

First-person shooters are one of my least-played genres. Working to fix that, but by the time I have the experience to go for something like NYMHC the game will be long offline. I'm sure I'd enjoy the franchise, though. Maybe someday if it gets picked up for a remaster.

Edited by AihaLoveleaf
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dimka284 said:

so, does "It Looked Easy Enough" trophy get affected by the servers shut down? or is it just requires online connection?

Yes .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

L.A on ps3 ? i can get 100% trophies on offline or not?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

It sucks that this game had to have online trophies. The Shadows Rushed Me is one of those trophies that always makes me stop and go "Holy shit, this guy is good at video games" when I see it on a profile, and now we'll be seeing a lot less of it with the Platinum becoming unobtainable.

 

40 minutes ago, cometowner said:

 

I think you have max Payne played on an alternate account. correct? 

 

 

 

@cometowner What did he say that made you assume that? 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

 

 

@cometowner What did he say that made you assume that? 

 

he never owns it in the current account after seeing his trophy list make think he is playing it on another account? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cometowner said:

 

he never owns it in the current account after seeing his trophy list make think he is playing it on another account? 

 

I don't see the logic there. Max Payne 3 was a fairly popular game. It's not unlikely that people who have never touched the game would have heard stories about troublesome trophies.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

First-person shooters are one of my least-played genres. Working to fix that, but by the time I have the experience to go for something like NYMHC the game will be long offline. I'm sure I'd enjoy the franchise, though. Maybe someday if it gets picked up for a remaster.

But this is TPS, not FPS 😜.

MP3 was one of the games I bought right on the release day, didn't check the trophy list at all, no spoilers, no info, just started and simply enjoyed it A LOT.

Then I got to know that there are online trophies, but they weren't that bad, but after the DLCs appeared I simply abandoned the game. And one day decided to give it a try again i order to achieve as high trophy completion as I could and I really enjoyed the online part, did all the DLCs which I am actually quite proud of. The only thing missing now to 100% is the famous NYMHC, but I have a lot of time to practice it now. Good luck to everyone who wants to complete the online part - you have enough time and all trophies are easy obtainable before the shutdown date with a bit of dedication.

Edited by Smashero
Typos
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smashero said:

But this is TPS, not FPS 1f61c.png.

Ha! Whoops. The statement is about true for third-person shooters too, in my case. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are no online trophies for LA Noire in PS3? Can anyone verify it? Thanks!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.