Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

1 hour ago, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

just curious, I have 6x ps3 and turbo controllers. Which one is faster? Boosting myself or arcade mode in chapter 4?

Do it in deathmatch made in heaven in Headquarters map which is very small plus do challenges at the same time for double XP & believe me you will get level 50 in no time. Good luck.

If you face randoms everytime you boost so this is not your lucky day , go to single player finish chapter 1 then go to challenge mode for the chapter 1 so you won’t for get the enemies locations all the way to the final chapter instead of waiting for empty lobby & go to MP to boost there is must be a time in your timezone that nobody will join for 4 to 5 hours & this is yr chance to level up fast . 

Edited by Hysteria

has anyone been having issues with challenge mode breaking, for the life of me i am getting run breaking bugs, where i cant, get passed in chapter 13 it's either the tank don't show up or the people in the firing range don't show up. 

19 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

has anyone been having issues with challenge mode breaking, for the life of me i am getting run breaking bugs, where i cant, get passed in chapter 13 it's either the tank don't show up or the people in the firing range don't show up. 

I've had a few of these issues, oddly enough I slowed down a bit to give the game time to load in and had no problems after that.  I believe stopping in certain places is required on NYMHC just to allow certain areas to load in.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Overlord said:

I've had a few of these issues, oddly enough I slowed down a bit to give the game time to load in and had no problems after that.  I believe stopping in certain places is required on NYMHC just to allow certain areas to load in.

i had no issues on the other few chapters but 13 is the worst for it, how long did you stop for, it got me mad getting to the fire range and having it break, maybe i am going to fast

Just now, lucky0ne16 said:

i had no issues on the other few chapters but 13 is the worst for it, how long did you stop for, it got me mad getting to the fire range and having it break, maybe i am going to fast

It's been a while since I played, but I remember having to stop as the game couldn't keep up.

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

It's been a while since I played, but I remember having to stop as the game couldn't keep up.

^^ I can second this. I ran into the same issues as well playing through this. Chapter 13 seems to be notorious (as well as C7) for these bugs. Often times, the framerate would become very slow and choppy and if I didn't stop, the game would ultimately freeze and then the console would crash. During sections in which these bugs occurred, I would pause the game and let things load in properly. I don't think there is any specific time. Imo, 30 seconds to a minute should be more than enough. Now, to what extent does this actually help... I'm not sure. All I know is that it doesn't hurt to try this if you're running into issues with the game keeping up with itself. Let us know how it works out for you. 

Edited by z99f

On 7/7/2021 at 10:19 AM, Hysteria said:

Do it in deathmatch made in heaven in Headquarters map which is very small plus do challenges at the same time for double XP & believe me you will get level 50 in no time. Good luck.

If you face randoms everytime you boost so this is not your lucky day , go to single player finish chapter 1 then go to challenge mode for the chapter 1 so you won’t for get the enemies locations all the way to the final chapter instead of waiting for empty lobby & go to MP to boost there is must be a time in your timezone that nobody will join for 4 to 5 hours & this is yr chance to level up fast . 

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

So I started playing with a multiplayer, is it a good idea? Or should I complete the main game first?

Doesn't really matter, you'll have to do both as you need to beat the game once to unlock challenge mode.

Challenge mode is tied to the online so you will need to beat that before shutdown as well.

• Like 2

Just now, DEI2EK said:

Doesn't really matter, you'll have to do both as you need to beat the game once to unlock challenge mode.

Challenge mode is tied to the online so you will need to beat that before shutdown as well.

Correct. 

• Like 1

Just now, MisterMystro said:

I ordered a copy of the game off eBay which says it’ll arrive on Monday the 19th.  

If I start grinding/boosting as soon as the game arrives than is just shy of two months enough to boost the needed trophies before server shutdown?

It depends for MP if you have group of 5 including you you will finish them 4 weeks all of you & it depends how many hours you spend to boost . 

24 minutes ago, MisterMystro said:

I ordered a copy of the game off eBay which says it’ll arrive on Monday the 19th.  

If I start grinding/boosting as soon as the game arrives than is just shy of two months enough to boost the needed trophies before server shutdown?

the trophies that need boosting can all be completed in about 10 hours

3 hours ago, HondaHoe said:

really wish rockstar would remaster this game on PS5

Finished the game twice so far and I really enjoyed it. I wish I could speak Brazilian/Portuguese to understand what they're saying ?

Can't wait to get the multiplayer grind out the way so I can finally try myself out in NYMHC ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 16.06.2021 at 6:38 PM, HondaHoe said:

I can confirm that NYM and NYMHC trophies can be achieved while offline

however, you must be connected online to play the challenge story mode from the "deathmatch made in heaven" dlc

Are you 100% sure that challenge story mode requires to be connected to rockstar servers?