Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

8 minutes ago, rintheskyking said:

I noticed that they were saying 12 trophies/achievements were gonna be unobtainable. I thought there were only 11 online trophies for the base game. Is it including the grinds or just referring to online/platinum?

There are 12 online base game trophies that will be unobtainable, including the platinum. Every trophy in the DLC packs is online, so all those will be unobtainable as well.

Edited by AJ_Radio

12 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

There are 12 online base game trophies that will be unobtainable, including the platinum. Every trophy in the DLC packs is online, so all those will be unobtainable as well.

I’m only seeing 11. I just need lvl 50. Is the single player grinds apart of the 12? I literally count 11 and guides list 11. 

8 minutes ago, rintheskyking said:

I’m only seeing 11. I just need lvl 50. Is the single player grinds apart of the 12? I literally count 11 and guides list 11. 

the base game only has 11 online trophies

for some reason AJ is counting the platinum trophy as an online trophy (11 + plat = 12)

Edited by HondaHoe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

the base game only has 11 online trophies

for some reason AJ is counting the platinum trophy as an online trophy (11 + plat = 12)

Okay that’s what I figured. I wanted to be positive grinds weren’t somehow being counted even though they literally say single player. 

On 15-8-2021 at 11:03 PM, Meikoro said:

Checking this now out. Thanks Rockstar for no Final Disscount on the 4 DLC Map Packs. Each Cost 4,99€/$ or a Shaddy Season Pass for 15 Bucks.

At least Warhawk had a Final Sale before it went Offline and some other for Sure. I will play a little Online Just for Fun and a few Trophys. Don't bother with the Hardcore Stuff.

Unfortunately Sony made a final sale impossible for PS3 only games / DLC. Plus I don't expect Rockstar to give the Season Pass a price update if that route is still open to them.

Btw, I started playing. If you have the time (30-50 hours), you can still get them all.

On Challenge Mode: Check the video from @Hexagram_vall once again.

Edited by ConAir
Found the name

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, G-RIZ1992 said:

I’m going to start this most likely today and I’m confused reading about challenge mode. So I can’t jump straight online and get everything done I have to do story mode first? I’m planning on the dlc as well.

You need to complet game at least once to unlock challenge mode. Start game on Hard Difficulty with Free Aim.

Edited by Hexagram_vall
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’m giving out a warning out for anybody reading this who is just now starting Max Payne 3. 

You guys better have some fucking time on your hands, because reaching Rank 50 is absolutely atrocious. Took me around 35 - 40 hours to finally get, and that includes time I had to spend boosting those M4 kills as well as get a bunch of people together for some online trophies.

more power to you for doing it (I guess) but I could think of about a million things I’d rather spend my time on than doing the exact same level over and over for that much time.  I know many trophy hunters are prisoners of OCD but that is ridiculous.

Just the extreme monotony of it, I’d likely get MORE enjoyment in spending those hours on playing every last Breakthrough game as at least there is a middling amount of variety in doing those, lol?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, djb5f said:

more power to you for doing it (I guess) but I could think of about a million things I’d rather spend my time on than doing the exact same level over and over for that much time.  I know many trophy hunters are prisoners of OCD but that is ridiculous.

Just the extreme monotony of it, I’d likely get MORE enjoyment in spending those hours on playing every last Breakthrough game as at least there is a middling amount of variety in doing those, lol?

Agreed,it was the worst level grind I've ever done, really terrible

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Just the extreme monotony of it, I’d likely get MORE enjoyment in spending those hours on playing every last Breakthrough game as at least there is a middling amount of variety in doing those, lol1f602.png

I did 100+ hour grinds on Runescape in the past. I can think of several things that are worse. 

The reason I’m doing Max Payne 3 is for the challenge. It’s also a good game. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus I may make my 300th platinum, it has a similar difficulty related trophy.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I did 100+ hour grinds on Runescape in the past. I can think of several things that are worse. 

The reason I’m doing Max Payne 3 is for the challenge. It’s also a good game. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus I may make my 300th platinum, it has a similar difficulty related trophy.

I agree, Max Payne 3 is a good game.

I’m not judging btw, we all waste time on something in our lives, myself definitely included.  That is just too tedious/monotonous for my tastes.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

I agree, Max Payne 3 is a good game.

I’m not judging btw, we all waste time on something in our lives, myself definitely included.  That is just too tedious/monotonous for my tastes.

I'm a completionist and despite having waited until the last minute to pick up Max Payne 3, I actually wanted to play it for a long time. Heard a lot of things about it back when it came out in 2012, but just never got around to it.

Figured I might as well pick it up now, before age and dulled senses start to set in.

I'm getting reports that All Of The Above trophy is an online trophy - can anyone confirm if it can be done offline or at least progress towards it obtained offline?

EDIT: Just tested it while signed out of PSN. I was able to access grinds menu offline so it's likely obtainable.

Edited by POEman553

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I'm getting reports that All Of The Above trophy is an online trophy - can anyone confirm if it can be done offline or at least progress towards it obtained offline?

EDIT: Just tested it while signed out of PSN. I was able to access grinds menu offline so it's likely obtainable.

The single players grinds are safe. You do not need to be online to get the trophy.

Sure someone on the server I was in was saying NYMHC needed to be done or something before the server closed is this true if so I’ll be screwed just managed to wrap up all the online except level 50 and co op and challenge mode. But if I need to do NYMHC i think I won’t have time ??

26 minutes ago, G-RIZ1992 said:

Sure someone on the server I was in was saying NYMHC needed to be done or something before the server closed is this true if so I’ll be screwed just managed to wrap up all the online except level 50 and co op and challenge mode. But if I need to do NYMHC i think I won’t have time ?1f3fb.png

It can be done offline. It has been confirmed

• Like 3