Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

Wonder if it really shuts on Sep 16. Friend of mine linked the tweet of Rockstar:

Wonder if it shuts either on Sep 16 (PS Store shutdown note) or Dec 16 from Rockstars Tweet. I will likely give the game a go after Sep 25 if it's still up by than. LA Noire and Max Payne 3 are however noted in the website link from Rockstars website. So most likely it might shut on that date Sep 16.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Wonder if it really shuts on Sep 16. Friend of mine linked the tweet of Rockstar:

Wonder if it shuts either on Sep 16 (PS Store shutdown note) or Dec 16 from Rockstars Tweet. I will likely give the game a go after Sep 25 if it's still up by than. LA Noire and Max Payne 3 are however noted in the website link. So most likely it might shut on that date Sep 16.

Dec 16 is the shutdown date for GTA V on PS3. The others are Sept 16.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BuBBeRX said:

I've done all the online base trophies. So for the platinum, i do not need to worry about online anymore, right? Ny minute are not online linoed, right?

If you're only going for the plat you'll be fine but challenge mode and the rest of the online trophies will be unobtainable in a few days.

18 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Nope

It seems to use an online connection, because if you try and start it while offline the option is grayed out, at least from what i've seen and heard.

I tested this for a friend. I signed out of PSN and I was able to access challenge mode and complete the first chapter without any issues.

Granted, I have already got the 100% and have all chapters in challenge mode unlocked so I don't know if that made any difference. The only thing missing obviously is the leaderboard which isn't needed for the two trophies associated with challenge mode.

I don't know who and what started the reports that it needs an online connection to be accessed. Obviously, upon starting the game for the first time, the option is greyed out but that's only because you need to finish the game once first in order to access it.

Someone needs to check this further.

19 minutes ago, Mohd_AAAA said:

I tested this for a friend. I signed out of PSN and I was able to access challenge mode and complete the first chapter without any issues.

Granted, I have already got the 100% and have all chapters in challenge mode unlocked so I don't know if that made any difference. The only thing missing obviously is the leaderboard which isn't needed for the two trophies associated with challenge mode.

I don't know who and what started the reports that it needs an online connection to be accessed. Obviously, upon starting the game for the first time, the option is greyed out but that's only because you need to finish the game once first in order to access it.

Yeah sorry if i'm spreading misinformation, but when i personally signed out of PSN before i started the game up, the option for challenge mode was grayed out and told me I needed to install the correct DLC, this was after I had already beaten challenge mode too.

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Yeah sorry if i'm spreading misinformation, but when i personally signed out of PSN before i started the game up, the option for challenge mode was grayed out and told me I needed to install the correct DLC, this was after I had already beaten challenge mode too.

3 hours ago, Mohd_AAAA said:

Wait... I think it could be problematic...

I have the game completed, I have already all DLC trophies.

I am starting the game while being offline. 

ARCADE -> And the challenge mode icon is grayed with a lock. I can not start it.

"This option requires Downloadable Content you have not purchased or installed"

I am signing in to PSN -> it takes a while, the game seems frozen -> the option is now white, I can start it and play. Each chapter shows the Leaderboard next to it.

I am signing out from PSN -> Option is still white, I can enter, but this time I do not see leaderboards. OK. I am testing one level.

Died, came back to inside challenge menu, still works.

Closed the game, started again -> option is grayed again wit a lock...

OK!

Seems that I do not have all addons installed. TESTING!

Edit:

I downloaded and installed Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack - The option is still GRAY while I am offline.

Edit 2: Shit, now I need to check if maybe my MP3 game is actually from the different region than DLC, since "ingame Playstation Store menu" shows that DLC is not installed - so, please ignore my research so far.

Edit 3: Ok, now I am totally confused - on US account the icon is also grayed while offline, but going WHITE while online, but Playstation Store shows NO ADDONS available (delisted and I didn't buy them?)

Conclusion - sorry, due to maybe possible mess with versions I can not confirm anything :/

Edited by Smashero

On 6/16/2021 at 4:58 PM, kevao97 said:

I don't exactly remember if level 50 offline takes 1000 or 2000 games, but it was something close to that. I took me 15 days playing about 4 hours per day at the time. there is a more effective way to level up, but you would need friends tho.

I went from level 48 to level 50 in just 2 1/2 hrs in multiplayer lol. I only had around 5000 kills at the time of getting lvl 50. Score Attack mode takes longer imo for lvl up

17 minutes ago, The_Levantine said:

From your experience guys if I start with the game today is it doable by September 16th? And if yes then how should I go about it?

No you would have to play the game 24/7 for the next 5-6 days to get all of the online done. 

• Like 1

If you reached lvl rank 50 during a multiplayer game then the trophy pops right away after the kill that gets you lvl 50. Reaching lvl 50 was easy in this game. Just keep getting 50 kills 7 games straight and winning each and its like 7 matches you then get 20k xp for each level up. Takes 40 minutes to an hr each lvl up in multiplayer

21 minutes ago, The_Levantine said:

From your experience guys if I start with the game today is it doable by September 16th? And if yes then how should I go about it?

If only you could get to level 30 in 1 day of playing right now from lvl 1 lmao. Then you do the other half of xp how long it took you to get to lvl 30 asap and get to lvl 50 before the 16th. Alot ppl will be sad after it closes. Max payne 3 was so fun online its like james bond a little

Edited by meyerpark

26 minutes ago, The_Levantine said:

There is only 6 days left or even 5 and some hours. It's too risky unless you don't care that much about having an unobtainable 100% game trophy-wise in your profile. 

If I were you I wouldn't go for it. Too little time.

37 minutes ago, The_Levantine said:

No, absolutely 

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Yeah sorry if i'm spreading misinformation, but when i personally signed out of PSN before i started the game up, the option for challenge mode was grayed out

it's not misinformation. the ppl who claim to be able to play while offline are in the minority. your experience is the norm 

8 minutes ago, meyerpark said:

No,  mode is online, game doesn't let you continue or play challenge mode while not connected to psn. All dlc trophies you must be online and servers working

When i did challenge mode i got logged out from psn and the game basically quit the chapter and had to restart over again. So yeah 

Edited by Vergil