Grand Theft Auto V online is ending on December 16, 2021

POEman553

I know "Run Like The Wind" cannot be obtained legitimately (NOTE: this isn't to start an endless argument about that, just pointing it out) but the rest of the online trophies should be obtainable between now and December 16,

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/1500012375661/End-of-online-services-for-PlayStation-3-and-Xbox-360-versions-of-GTAV-Max-Payne-3-and-L-A-Noire-FAQ

2 minutes ago, gunman47 said:

I just received the email from Rockstar regarding the GTA Online closure on PS3. Is there enough time to clear most of the online trophies including heists during this time?

I'm not sure. I'll be working on Max Payne 3 first (I don't have as much to finish for the online trophies) then GTA V PS3 after that (all but one will be obtainable for me with GTA V).

Edited by POEman553

I expected this would happen sooner or later with the updates being discontinued for several years, the state of some lobbies last time I played, and the Expanded and Enhanced version of the game releasing for PS5 and Xbox Series X later in the year. I have to say though I'm surprised they're getting rid of this before GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption's Multiplayer.

I don't have all of the online trophies, including some in the base set required for the platinum, and had been thinking about going back to it at some point so I guess this gives me a reason to do that. I guess that's what I'll be doing over the summer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

I expected this would happen sooner or later with the updates being discontinued for several years, the state of some lobbies last time I played, and the Expanded and Enhanced version of the game releasing for PS5 and Xbox Series X later in the year. I have to say though I'm surprised they're getting rid of this before GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption's Multiplayer.

I don't have all of the online trophies, including some in the base set required for the platinum, and had been thinking about going back to it at some point so I guess this gives me a reason to do that. I guess that's what I'll be doing over the summer.

You mean they haven't closed GTA IV's and RDR 1's multiplayer yet? Sorry for asking because I don't have GTA IV on PS3 and haven't touched RDR 1 for a long time. That would be kind of surprising if they closed GTA V first before the other two on PS3. Not sure if it could be linked to the launch of GTA V on PS5 though.

Edited by gunman47

Just now, gunman47 said:

You mean they haven't closed GTA IV's and RDR 1's multiplayer yet?

Not on PS3, though they removed GTA IV's Multiplayer from the PC Steam version last year (although I believe it still works if you're playing an older PC patch).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The link shows everything that's affected and how they're affected.

Yep, I checked it out already and it did not mention it, so I was pretty sure not. I only asked to double check since I thought it was kind of confusing the newer game of the two would be affected and the earlier one not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marco said:

Not on PS3, though they removed GTA IV's Multiplayer from the PC Steam version last year (although I believe it still works if you're playing an older PC patch).

Yep, it still works. I have a copy of the older version on my external HDD and it still works as it has no Steam DRM (still needs GFWL key to be activated tho).

Also I recommend anyone that has finished MP3's online mode but not the SP to finish Challenge Mode. Looks like it needs to be connected to the servers to work (correct me if I'm wrong)

Btw, is there any online-related trophies for LA Noire? Like some that require leaderboards or anything.

Edited by kanzenchaos

44 minutes ago, gunman47 said:

I just received the email from Rockstar regarding the GTA Online closure on PS3. Is there enough time to clear most of the online trophies including heists during this time?

Yes 1 month Is more than enough even for level 100. Of course you have to boost all, but specially for level 100 you Just have to replay the fleeca heist on hard and you Will gain like 8k Rp in 15 min on less, depending on how much faster Will be the driller on the finale. Also be sure to do the Daily objectives every day, if you Do them all the days for 28 days, the last day you Will be reward with 50k rp 

Edited by patrizio1811

29 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Why GTA IV and RDR are not getting closed being older than GTA V?

There it's many people in my country playing GTA V on PS3, i guess they want people to buy new versions to still selling the same game and still being in top 10 selling games of the week in every country since 2013

I'd assume because they aren't interested in closing down the multiplayer for these games, they just want to get people switched over to the newer versions of GTAV (whether it's for the $$$ of people buying the game again or to just not have to consider the PS3 in backend updates anymore).  There isn't a new version of GTAIV and RDR1 to switch people over to, so no reason to shut them down yet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'd assume because they aren't interested in closing down the multiplayer for these games, they just want to get people switched over to the newer versions of GTAV (whether it's for the $$$ of people buying the game again or to just not have to consider the PS3 in backend updates anymore).  There isn't a new version of GTAIV and RDR1 to switch people over to, so no reason to shut them down yet.

Max Payne 3 doesn't have a new version, it's also shutting down so that reasoning is flawed... I think that GTA IV and RDR1 are simply much cheaper for them to run, or there's a small chance they might plan to shut them but just haven't announced it yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

Max Payne 3 doesn't have a new version, it's also shutting down so that reasoning is flawed... I think that GTA IV and RDR1 are simply much cheaper for them to run, or there's a small chance they might plan to shut them but just haven't announced it yet.

Maybe they don't care about Max Payne 3 lol

5 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Read Dead Redemption and GTA IV were both being hosted by Gamespy Servers back in the day. When it shut down Rockstar switched them over to P2P, so as long as PSN exists, those multiplayers will stay online. 

That answers my question. It's a shame not every multiplayer works that way.

• Like 1