Grand Theft Auto V online is ending on December 16, 2021

POEman553

1 minute ago, dev2610 said:

Isn't it odd that a newer game is being shut down while they still have servers open for GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3?

Max Payne 3 is also being shut down: 

GTA IV & RDR apparently use P2P, so there is nothing to shut down.

Don't assume GTA IV and RDR are P2P servers. Same thing happened with Uncharted servers and here they are, closed and dead.

I think RDR and GTA IV will not be taken down because these games do not use Social Club for tracking stats.

But don't be relaxed, remember maintaining servers needs money and personnel so they can shut down these servers anytime nowadays with the inminent PS3 death.

Edited by AN0n1m8

2 minutes ago, AN0n1m8 said:

Don't assume GTA IV and RDR are P2P servers. Same thing happened with Uncharted servers and here they are, closed and dead.

I think RDR and GTA IV will not be taken down because these games do not use Social Club for tracking stats.

That was why I used the word "apparently", as I'm not 100% certain myself.

It's best not to sleep on online trophies in games anyway. The quicker you can get them done, the better. Especially for older games from older systems.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Max Payne 3 is also being shut down: 

Thanks for the heads up, Max Payne online has now become a high priority to-do for me.

Never thought RDR is P2P, I mean, the stats were tracked until Rockstar had shut down that too shortly after GTA V was released on PS3.

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'd assume because they aren't interested in closing down the multiplayer for these games, they just want to get people switched over to the newer versions of GTAV (whether it's for the $$$ of people buying the game again or to just not have to consider the PS3 in backend updates anymore).  There isn't a new version of GTAIV and RDR1 to switch people over to, so no reason to shut them down yet.

I Will like to have the GTA IV platinum but online looks ugly to get these trophies..

2 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Btw, is there any online-related trophies for LA Noire? Like some that require leaderboards or anything.

I don’t think so… Only online functionality that I can remember is the one they mention in the alert - the ability to use Rockstar Social Club to track collectibles more easily

5 hours ago, gunman47 said:

I just received the email from Rockstar regarding the GTA Online closure on PS3. Is there enough time to clear most of the online trophies including heists during this time?

Of course! The whole online portion of this game took me like 2-3 months starting from zero. And that's counting the Heist DLC 100%, however, be prepared for some mindless grind.

I remember when Naughty Dog announced Uncharted 2, 3 and TLoU 1 on PS3 shutting down and gave us 3 months. And these multiplayers take way longer. My friend managed to do all of them except TLoU in time, starting from ZERO.

It's all doable guys, just take your time.

EDIT: Hey, @POEman553, long time no see ^^

Edited by Sebulba2000
  • Like 3

for the first time in my fucking gaming life, I AM FREE! every shut down is a terrible stress I'm especially grateful to Max Payne 3 for completing 100%

If you already have Run Like The Wind and still need other trophies, BE CAREFUL! this trophy can be unlocked by accident, play only in private games and still be extra careful!

6 hours ago, bosstristan said:

That answers my question. It's a shame not every multiplayer works that way.

P2P is GREAT! For 2 player/indie titles/old games that would otherwise be completely unplayable. But for massive Triple A games P2P is a nightmare and just shows the dev is lazy.

• Like 1

This might Hoax me to get back into this game,  Can't remember why i stoped playing, aside from ive always been trash at any of R*'s Online game modes,

A year and 6 months is seemingly generous, but i wonder if that is enough time to do All the MP Trophys..  Aside from RLTW, or if i should even bother a ~potental 3hour download/install patch on the ancient machine 

8 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

This might Hoax me to get back into this game,  Can't remember why i stoped playing, aside from ive always been trash at any of R*'s Online game modes,

A year and 6 months is seemingly generous, but i wonder if that is enough time to do All the MP Trophys..  Aside from RLTW, or if i should even bother a ~potental 3hour download/install patch on the ancient machine 

A year and 6 months? It's just 6 months.