Amazing Game, Crappy Trophy List

Just now, Stardroid said:

Personally I have grown quite tired of spineless devs in the AAA industry giving us super easy trophy lists. I think they know trophy hunters like to moan a lot. 

True. After the Mayo boom, it seems it's a common thing for devs to include very easy trophies, multi lists and cross trophies features to appeal to the """""trophy hunters"""".

I miss the good old times when devs saw a tiny bit of a challenge in their game design and trophy lists.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Exactly, nothing to do with "it's too easy", but more to do with "it barely asks you to complete the game".

OG R&C and even those on PS3/PS4 were a lot of fun to complete, and they actually required you to complete the game 100%, even though it wasn't hard per se, it felt like you mastered the games.

BTW I miss Skill Points, what happened to these?

That's a good question. I don't remember if RAC 2016 had skillpoints, but I think "Into The Nexus" did.

But either way once I start playing "Rift Apart" I was doing random stuff trying to see if skillpoints would ping.

Agreed OP... I have yet to play this, but have played/platted a few R&C games prior to this. This list just sounds like it includes half of the game, which is a bit disappointing! As @Dr_Mayus had already mentioned, I really enjoyed leveling up all the guns and finding the other collectibles and such in the prior entries. Such a bummer, although I'll probably still pick this up eventually! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Agreed OP... I have yet to play this, but have played/platted a few R&C games prior to this. This list just sounds like it includes half of the game, which is a bit disappointing! As @Dr_Mayus had already mentioned, I really enjoyed leveling up all the guns and finding the other collectibles and such in the prior entries. Such a bummer, although I'll probably still pick this up eventually! 

I mean, yeah even with a crappy list i still want to play it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

it's a sony exclusive.  Last of us 2 you could set the game to highlight all collectibles, you could set it so you wouldn't fall to your death when there was like only two places in the entire game where you could fall to your death anyway.  Worst of all these settings didn't disable difficulty trophies.  Sony is a participation reward type company now no doubt ran by leftist who think if someone gets left out of a participation reward then life isn't fair.  Worse than that this is the world we're living in full of whiners and crybabies who want everything for putting forth nothing.  If you can't beat them join them and enjoy your $70 ratalaka, effortless platinum.  

I agree. (Even if we should not get into politics for the sake of not going off topic and not offending anyone's political opinion)

I was also disappointed that you could enable EVERY single assist and still get the plat'.

However, TLOU2 required you to complete the game and find every collectible, as well as complete perma death and Grounded mode (which was a horrible experience when you combined both like I did). So yeah, room for improvement for sure, but at least you felt like you had completed the game 100% in the end of the day.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 2

I agree with this. I dont mind trophy lists being easy but I wish they atleast had you explore everything the game has to offer to make it an achievement. 

As this game is is so good its one of the few times these days where I will do challenge mode even though its not required. 

• Like 1