Demon's Souls Remake have PS4 Version in Database

ziggypossum

Not surprised, but I'm starting to think that PS4 will be relevant for a few more years at this rate.

I really want games to focus next-gen only, but when you have cross-gen versions still coming out at a lower price point, there's not much reason to upgrade. And that hurts the people that do upgrade cause the games have to be made with the PS4 in mind.

And yes, I know the PS5 is hard to get right now.

• Like 3

With how many games are getting cross gen releases, and Godfall now confirmed to release on PS4, and assuming this also comes to PS4, I have to wonder... Are games on PS5 not meeting sales expectations or something? Probably doesn't help the PS5 isn't easy to obtain currently, and likely won't be for the rest of the year. The PS4 has sold very well and is continuing to sell well despite the PS5 being out, so I can understand keeping up with cross gen releases for a while, but won't I don't understand is releasing PS5/next gen exclusives on the PS4 at a later date.

I remember PS2 was still getting quite a few games, both cross gen and exclusive, for quite some time after the PS3 release, but that was likely due to not many people jumping on the PS3 right away, with its insane price and lack of any real exclusives.

• Like 1

It doesn't surprise me as it feels like Sony is making PS4 games that are "upgraded" to PS5 instead of making a game to take full advantage of the PS5. Oh well, I guess it'll be a year or two before they decide to make PS5 games for PS5.

I can see this happening.

If you consider the Sony are having such trouble manufacturing enough PS5's to meet demand, that essentially proves that the great benefit of having next-gen exclusive titles is largely moot - they only really need those to sell consoles, and if they are selling consoles so fast they cannot meet demand anyway, then it doesn't really matter how many next-gen only games there are.

There is also the contractual side of things to consider.

Third part developers, in this case Bluepoint, (and FROM, I assume, as a stakeholder) want maximum game sales.

Sony will have cut a fairly substantial deal with them to make the game nex-gen exclusive - for the reasons mentioned above.

It is perfectly possible that - with all the issues they are having on the manufacture side - Sony are actually having trouble meeting the obligations of that contract.

Sony will likely have paid a good chunk of cash for nex-gen exclusivity - to offset the loss in sales it results in. But part of such a contract would likely still be contingent on 'X' number of PS5's sold-through.

If Sony can't meet 'X' due to supply constraints, then the contract would be null and void - or at least, some kind of failsafe state would kick in, allowing for a last-gen version to be sold without Bluepoint being in breach of it, and allowing them to maximise sales by selling to the much larger player-base still on PS4.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I should hope not. Sony are annoying a lot of people with this crap. I believe in generations and Sony are going back on that. A slap to the face for people who believed them and got ps5

What's wrong with adding that on PS4? I can see how people can get displeased from a port to PC. But PS4? and I bet most people who care already got a PS4 and those who don't probably won't care enough to even play a remake. 

• Like 2

With current PS5 shortage situation, I hope they decide to release it on PS4. Yes PS5 is selling really well, but how many actually ends up with the player like us? I think the rarity of PS5 has started to affect their game sales expectations. So releasing it on PS4 might actually help the sales.

Edited by Llujei

58 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Not many people can still even purchase PS5 so if they want to play Demon Souls, they can release a version for PS4. More money for the company as well.

This right here. I would be so happy to play this on the PS4. With how scarce the PS5's are, I'm glad I'm waiting to get one for a couple of years. 

6 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Gamers are upset

Sky blue, water wet, etc.

Why do so many people want others to not be able to play Demon's Souls? I totally understand the "if I'd known all these games were going to come out on PS4 I wouldn't have bought a PS5" argument, I get it. But going from that to "Sony should encourage fewer people to play their games" is crazy.

If you regret your PS5 purchase so much, I'll happily buy it from you. What's that? You don't want to sell it? Yeah, I didn't think so. :P

• Like 2

I mean I don't care that they are doing this as if you think about it a remake of a game that was on ps3 is a crappy kind of idea for a new gen game, something like ratchet and clank rift apart is only on ps5 and is new. it is how I see it but yeah I don't mind as if it does drop to ps4 I might get it

55 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I can see this happening.

If you consider the Sony are having such trouble manufacturing enough PS5's to meet demand, that essentially proves that the great benefit of having next-gen exclusive titles is largely moot - they only really need those to sell consoles, and if they are selling consoles so fast they cannot meet demand anyway, then it doesn't really matter how many next-gen only games there are.

There is also the contractual side of things to consider.

Third part developers, in this case Bluepoint, (and FROM, I assume, as a stakeholder) want maximum game sales.

Sony will have cut a fairly substantial deal with them to make the game nex-gen exclusive - for the reasons mentioned above.

It is perfectly possible that - with all the issues they are having on the manufacture side - Sony are actually having trouble meeting the obligations of that contract.

Sony will likely have paid a good chunk of cash for nex-gen exclusivity - to offset the loss in sales it results in. But part of such a contract would likely still be contingent on 'X' number of PS5's sold-through.

If Sony can't meet 'X' due to supply constraints, then the contract would be null and void - or at least, some kind of failsafe state would kick in, allowing for a last-gen version to be sold without Bluepoint being in breach of it, and allowing them to maximise sales by selling to the much larger player-base still on PS4.

you're right on the dare i say.... bloodmoney lol

that's the thing though,  it isnt exactly Sony decision. If the devs were wanting to branch out, im sure there is something in their contract that states such. Perhaps go to ps4. fine.

Does it suck for owners of ps5? sure. But not really, ps5 is about more than exclusives. Speed. Power. Capabilities. Etc.

i say if ps5 are so hard to come by, i blame pandemic and the fact Sony didnt prepare to come close to meeting demand, then by all means yes move a lot of games to both ps4 and ps5. It'll be a better experience on ps5  but why deny people the chance to play a game at all if they can't get a console ?

Its a business. They have to think about financial quarters, investors, the like, and of course the players. I dont think theyd want to alienate millions of players by making major franchises ps5 only titles right now. Maybe 2023 expect it, but not now

• Like 1

I mean, that tweet literally offers zero evidence.  It's an interesting talking point but far from a confirmation.

I wouldn't be upset if it did come out on PS4.  I also believe in generations, I want the best games possible without weaker hardware holding it back... but a few years will pass and the PS5 will have some amazing exclusives on it and it won't matter which titles got PS4 releases.  So I'm just glad my PS4 brethren may get to enjoy these games too.

All I ask is that people recognize that this isn't a "PS4 is the pinnacle of gaming, it can play everything and the PS5 is a worthless upgrade" issue... it's happening because a. there is always some crossover between generations and b. it makes sense financially to hold back the PS5 a bit longer in favor of PS4 ports until PS5's have thoroughly saturated the market.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Does it suck for owners of ps5? sure. But not really, ps5 is about more than exclusives. Speed. Power. Capabilities. Etc.

exactly - exclusivity is not really the big draw - PS5 owners will still have the superior version of the game - I mean, plenty of games have two versions for two generations (was the same in the PS3/PS4 changover) and while exclusively might be slightly lessened, all it meant was people were getting the superior version, rather than the only version. It was still enough to justify the upgrade though.

In Demons Souls case, it’s even less of an issue, since there already is an old-gen version - the PS3 game.

Exclusivity on PS5 is hard to argue as a bonus, when the PS3 versions still has active servers!

Edited by DrBloodmoney

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

exactly - exclusivity is not really the big draw - PS5 owners will still have the superior version of the game - I mean, plenty of games have two versions for two generations (was the same in the PS3/PS4 changover) and while exclusively might be slightly lessened, all it meant was people were getting the superior version, rather than the only version. It was still enough to justify the upgrade though.

In Demons Souls case, it’s even less of an issue, since there already is an old-gen version - the PS3 game.

Exclusivity on PS5 is hard to argue as a bonus, when the PS3 versions still has active servers!

PS3 version official server is long gone. I think what you meant is private server run by diehard fans.