I still suck

cosmic-lugger5

4 minutes ago, cosmic-lugger5 said:

My kill/death ratio is a laughable 0.1 and I am always chosen to play against people not my rank. Could it me sucking at the game or am I being chosen to play against veterans?

Play the campaign first it will “teach” you and help you to learn the mechanics and 1 thing to keep in mind is if you are going for objectives more than just killing your ratio will be lower but you might help your team winning 

• Like 2

Yeah, you probably would benefit from playing with any skill based matchmaking filter that most of the current FPS games like Call of Duty currently have, that way you would get matched against people that really struggle like you and that would make a highly more enjoyable experience for you, at least for now.

Unfortunately since you can freely browse through the servers in battlefield I don’t think SBMM is even possible in it.

You really can find all kinds of skill levels in the same game.

Are you experienced with any other FPS? Or is it that you just struggle with this one?

I only played for a few weeks when it was free on ps plus and the lobbies were full of  mostly new players as well, so I found it quite easy. I would constantly get placed at the top of my team with an insanely high score per minute, my KD was just ok, I believe around 1.30 but just because I’m the kind of player that just rushes from one flag to another and really just playing alone without a squad, which is honestly not the most efficient way to play this game, but yeah, I don’t think KD tells that much in any battlefield game since you can be revived over and over again if you stick with your squad, not to mention players that would exclusively play on vehicles at any cost, especially tanks which are pretty busted or just stay with a sniper at the edge of the map.

Tactical conquest was the mode I enjoyed the most definitely (the one that focus in infantry instead of vehicles), also the medic class is definitely the best and most efficient one. SMGs are pretty strong and easy to use in this game, so my advice would be to focus on that class mostly.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 9:24 AM, iFraaN97 said:

Yeah, you probably would benefit from playing with any skill based matchmaking filter that most of the current FPS games like Call of Duty currently have, that way you would get matched against people that really struggle like you and that would make a highly more enjoyable experience for you, at least for now.

Unfortunately since you can freely browse through the servers in battlefield I don’t think SBMM is even possible in it.

You really can find all kinds of skill levels in the same game.

Are you experienced with any other FPS? Or is it that you just struggle with this one?

I only played for a few weeks when it was free on ps plus and the lobbies were full of  mostly new players as well, so I found it quite easy. I would constantly get placed at the top of my team with an insanely high score per minute, my KD was just ok, I believe around 1.30 but just because I’m the kind of player that just rushes from one flag to another and really just playing alone without a squad, which is honestly not the most efficient way to play this game, but yeah, I don’t think KD tells that much in any battlefield game since you can be revived over and over again if you stick with your squad, not to mention players that would exclusively play on vehicles at any cost, especially tanks which are pretty busted or just stay with a sniper at the edge of the map.

Tactical conquest was the mode I enjoyed the most definitely (the one that focus in infantry instead of vehicles), also the medic class is definitely the best and most efficient one. SMGs are pretty strong and easy to use in this game, so my advice would be to focus on that class mostly.

Thank you for your advice, I will use that for future games.

• Like 1