holmfred

Run Like The Wind Possibility!

37 posts in this topic

I did the same earlier, but they'll probably take no more notice of it than a loose fart in the wind. I doubt they'd even be paying attention to feedback at this point.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you guys, it might be though! But it's at least worth a shot, don't you agree? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, holmfred said:

I agree with you guys, it might be though! But it's at least worth a shot, don't you agree? 


Why don’t you ask them for exactly how much feedback they’d need to receive to take action? They should have a minimum number documented that they’d need if that’s an actual process. While you’re at it, ask how many engineers or developers they currently have that know the super-old and long unsupported code base for the PS3 online components. 
 

In fact, ask another level one customer service rep the same question and see what response you get then.


 

No, I don’t think this is worth a shot. You’re being strung along and given hope for something that makes no sense for them to do with nothing but a vague implication. If this direction was given by someone with actual authority like an actual developer, it might be worth some time. Rockstar customer support… nope. 
 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst it's a slim prospect there's no harm in trying.

 

I remember Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, it took from October 2011 until September 2012 until they added the option to take a survey and they put this up before the servers closed in October 2012. We sent messages on the forums and they replied. A goodwill gesture.

 

My gut in this instance though does say it won't happen, this trophy has been down for years and there will have been many people get in touch with them about it. Customer Service replies aren't worth the paper they are written on unfortunately, you only have to look at the recent closure of Mad Max and the empty promises from Customer Services that gave people false hope.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Whilst it's a slim prospect there's no harm in trying.

 

I remember Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, it took from October 2011 until September 2012 until they added the option to take a survey and they put this up before the servers closed in October 2012. We sent messages on the forums and they replied. A goodwill gesture.

 

My gut in this instance though does say it won't happen, this trophy has been down for years and there will have been many people get in touch with them about it. Customer Service replies aren't worth the paper they are written on unfortunately, you only have to look at the recent closure of Mad Max and the empty promises from Customer Services that gave people false hope.

 

I was one that contacted EA for that game, and remember it well. I’ve also submitted a ticket for this to Rockstar. I had slim hope EA would help, but they did, so who knows. Gotta ask to get!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Rockstar should create a special event where a nuke gets dropped on Los Santos, and immediately after pull the plug on the servers...  This won't happen of course, but it'd be hilarious if it did...

 

 

What about PS4?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so this trophy, then so the platinium are still possible now ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blazhead said:

so this trophy, then so the platinium are still possible now ?


This trophy is not obtainable by leaderboard rules so no.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:


This trophy is not obtainable by leaderboard rules so no.

 

Damn, so other game i never have the plat ahah

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will likely be the third unobtainable on my profile, because everyone I’ve talked to has said GTA V on the PS3 is infested with hackers. I really don’t want to take the risk of diving headfirst into the online if that’s means I get a bunch of autopop trophies, which is an automatic flag on this website. 
 

It’s now an aging PS3 game, which means nothing is safe on the PS3 anymore. Despite its enduring popularity, GTA V is much better on the PS4 anyway. 
 

That’s roughly six months, but the online takes a long while. I played it for fun when it came out and despite spending a good 20 - 30 hours on it, I’m nowhere near rank 100.

 

It sucks, but Rockstar doesn’t give a shit about this game on the PS3. So I probably won’t even bother with the online at all at this point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, holmfred said:

With enough feedback I was told that there's a chance of bringing it back. So with this knowledge I would recommend everybody that could help out or want to earn this trophy to send in feedback regarding this trophy here:

 

Unfortunately, there's NO chance that R* will fix this trophy, given that they have now announced a shutdown date for the PS3/360 games.  This trophy has been buggy for some years now, and they've never bothered about it thus far, so they're certainly not going to do anything for a game that won't even see out the end of this year.  R* don't give a crap about trophies or their players, as evidenced by their refusal to acknowledge any of the pleas by fans for them to update Red Dead Online with actual new content.  People have been asking for new missions, heists, bank/train robberies, being able to build a ranch, and many more requests, and R* have ignored every one of them simply because RDR2 didn't equal or exceed GTA V's sales numbers.

 

This kind of thing makes me glad that I took care of the PS3 multiplayer trophies for GTA V back when it first came out, before R* had a chance to nerf RP levels or anything like that.  I'm rapidly losing faith in them as a company - I will not be playing GTA V on PS5, and am in no hurry for them to release GTA VI either.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaivRules said:


Why don’t you ask them for exactly how much feedback they’d need to receive to take action? They should have a minimum number documented that they’d need if that’s an actual process. While you’re at it, ask how many engineers or developers they currently have that know the super-old and long unsupported code base for the PS3 online components. 
 

In fact, ask another level one customer service rep the same question and see what response you get then.


 

No, I don’t think this is worth a shot. You’re being strung along and given hope for something that makes no sense for them to do with nothing but a vague implication. If this direction was given by someone with actual authority like an actual developer, it might be worth some time. Rockstar customer support… nope. 
 

 


The odds are about the same as getting new functionality for this website this year but it does not stop people from continuing to put forward requests.  😂

 

I think the OP realizes chances are very low but submitting a request in like zero effort so go for it.

 

Not many thought they would bring back up the GTA IV servers way back when.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaivRules said:


Ah yes. The inevitable lackey uninformed and powerless customer service response of “if it gets a lot of requests someone could possibly, maybe, think about thinking about the suggestion.”

 

 

Rockstar support actually do their job... so who know this time they fix this for once.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

I'm rapidly losing faith in them as a company - I will not be playing GTA V on PS5, and am in no hurry for them to release GTA VI either.


Shark Cards have already confirmed Rockstar’s status. One of their head guys left not that long ago, but the company was already on their way downhill when he was still there. 
 

I have absolutely no hope there will be a sequel to Bully, Manhunt or any of their other franchises that aren’t GTA. 
 

You’re not going to to have a 100 percent account eventually because of things like this, unless you planned very particularly far in advance. GTA V will be the third unobtainable on my list, which I’m perfectly fine with because you can’t have everything. 
 

9 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Not many thought they would bring back up the GTA IV servers way back when.


I much rather have them release a remaster of GTA IV, but we all know Rockstar’s stance on remasters. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, holmfred said:

So I was just in contact with Rockstar regarding the bounty system in GTA V for the PS3. With the servers closing down in december, many are hoping to complete this game including this horrible excuse of a trophy, so that they can get the sweet platinum! With enough feedback I was told that there's a chance of bringing it back. So with this knowledge I would recommend everybody that could help out or want to earn this trophy to send in feedback regarding this trophy here: 

 

https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback

 

Thanks for your time and I hope most of you would like to help out.

 

I'm with you, man, no matter what they say, the "NO" is already on the table. What can be lost by trying, instead of not doing it and settling? Greetings for your effort and tenacity.

 

It goes beyond not giving importance to a buggied trophy. It is important they know that there are many people who do not want to incurring in modded lobbies to get it and they have taken away the possibility of being able to platinum their f***ing game. For some reason, it bothers me.

Edited by E1_Bodo_P1
Faltó agregar algo
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, there is a chance in fact, that they would turn it back on .. i mean, it's not something they have to update.

It's just a function, what they have to turn back on and seriously, it's not even PS4 syncable, so it won't harm the PS4 Version of it.

Let's hope they hear us :)

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish good luck to all of you regarding this trophy, must have been frustrating that they for no real purpose turned off this feature for the game, or from my understanding it was kind of random. Never played this game on the ps3 but ps4, so this personally has never affected myself.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.