Excalibur II

TenebraZero

1 hour ago, gforce-92 said:

I recall x3 speed not speeding up the in game clock so you have plenty of leeway 

As gforce-92 mentions, it does not speed up the in game clock, nor does it disable trophies, so you can go ahead and use all the in game cheats you want.

Also, the menu does not pause the game, but I am pretty sure that there is a true "pause" button if I remember correctly, that will pause the timer.

Edited by Sir_Bee

20 hours ago, Accursed_Chocobo said:

12 in-game hours

So it counts the clock when you open the menu with triangle

I was referring to pause the game with "start" button not the menu with triangle. As i can see , pausing the game with start button stop completely the clock.

51 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

I was referring to pause the game with "start" button not the menu with triangle. As i can see , pausing the game with start button stop completely the clock.

Exactly. Sorry I didn't formulate the point. pausing with start will freeze everything including the in-game clock as you can see going in the game menu.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

It is very easy with speed x3, damage 9999 and avoiding combats. I just killed Zidane during the hunt to get the coral ring and in the gizamaluke grotto I took the ladder in the room with the moogles to fight dragons and I reached lv 50 with Zidane in a few minutes. The coral ring absorbs lightning so it helps a lot with the dragons.

I did both movie critic and the excalibur II in the same run in 5 hours and 15 minutes.

• Like 1

The game boosters that don't negate trophies make this an absolute cakewalk. I did it in 9 hours and I was taking my damn time. Back in the day getting Excalibur II on PS One would have been a real challenge and literally impossible on PAL due to the 50hz limit on games here back then.

20 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

The game boosters that don't negate trophies make this an absolute cakewalk. I did it in 9 hours and I was taking my damn time. Back in the day getting Excalibur II on PS One would have been a real challenge and literally impossible on PAL due to the 50hz limit on games here back then.

I owned the PS1 version on disc.  It is quite challenging to get there in under 12 hours.  All these cheats are certainly welcome, might try to go for it.

• 1 year later...