PlayStation®5 System Software Beta Program sign-up

Aranea Highwind

37 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Considering the state the PS5 launched in I won't risk it.

I appreciate the work of the people that will do the betas though.

tbh, Sony doesn't actually listen to feedback from anyone who participates in the betas, I can't even recall if you have a way to directly send your feedback to them. What they do is look at the backend statistics to see what people are using, if anything breaks, and if the new features are working as intended. 

I like how MS does their betas, they have an open forum that allows people to make suggestions that sometimes actually get implemented. Sony needs to open up and take feedback and suggestions as they lock themselves away and put out what they think we want without confirming first. Stuff like the stupid censoring of any 'naughty' words when posting to Twitter, no folders, no pinning of games to the home screen, no checking for updates within the library, no patch notes, no warning if you accidentally click a different game on the home screen and it closes the game you're in, etc...

The censored words needs fixing though, I was posting a tweet about an upgraded game and I put in the tweet "Now 4k/60 on the PS5" and that was flagged. basically, "60 on" is classed as a 'naughty word' as I think it's reading it as Goon (which isn't even rude). Games with swear words in the titles can't be tweeted out, you can't tag certain developers or games, and it thinks innocent words are bad because it breaks them down to see if a word has a bad word within it. It's really annoying.

• Like 1