Last Four Mercenaries Stages… with just a pistol?

Ok getting an S or even an SS rank for these last four stages is a bit much.  

How are you supposed to beat the Soldats that keep blocking their hearts?  I know the Wolfsbane can be used for the heavier Soldats but there’s quite a few regular Soldats.  With limited magnum ammo, how does a pistol work?  

I can bait out the Soldat attack but with the Village of Shadows difficultly in play, you’re good as dead if you mess up.  And if you’re still alive then some lycan jobber will take you down.  

You can shoot their head or their arm for a brief stun but then your combo goes to shiet.  

Is this mode reliant on getting that sweet Blue Orb abilities e.g. Corpse Combuster?

I’m complaining now but wait until Capcom releases new Mercenary stages ? 

Edited by nino_mustdie
  • Like 2

I was skeptical of the Pistol strategy at first as well, but having gotten the platinum I can confirm it is the best way to do it.

The reason why the pistol is so good is that you get tons of ammo, so for some of the soldats, you can just burst them down by shooting at their legs to stun them then shoot their hearts. You do need to use things like pipe bombs to keep the combo going in various stages, and a mine here or there, but between the pistol and the magnum it's definitely doable. 

Blue orbs are definitely helpful like no damage while blocking, pistol damage, movement speed, etc. but not as necessary as you may think!

Check out some video guides and try them out and you can get it done! ?

I have SSS guides on here where I do it with NO blue orbs and I pause and explain stuff along the wayif u are really struggling, check those out, blue orbs only makr my strategies easier

As for dealing with normal soldats, if itd 1 at a time, go for leg or weak point shots, legs will ALWAYS take dmg. Gor groups you need another way to get rid

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I thought it was difficult at first as well even before the doing the 2nd half of the mercenaries runs. Definitely needs time and practice to get used to optimum routes and strong trigger finger with the pistol. 

but between YouTube guides (one of them being optinoob’s) it wasn’t that bad. Took me about 10 hrs coz I was aiming for SS rank (wanted the lightsaber for knifing run) overall and the scores are actually pretty generous on the pistol runs. (Castle 2 and mad village 2 I didn’t even complete the last few areas and still got SS). 

so if an FPS noob like me can get this. I’m sure most of us can. Just need to keep practicing.