No Save Transfer for PS5 upgrade...

Ashbo

For those interested as I was, I have just seen on Metro's Twitter that they said there will be no save transfer, but they have added in the chapter select feature for jumping to a certain level.

Will help speed up the plat time I guess for those wanting to go through it again for the stack.

casnK1u.jpg

Edited by Ashbo

6 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

It is a shame for people who were mid progress on the PS4 version and were hoping to resume on PS5. I will definitely be playing it over to earn the plat again. I was not planning on autopopping this one anyway as its such a great game and I will happily do it again. 

If I can get this platinum trophy all over again, I'd love to. The Metro games are fantastic.

The only problem is that we, gamers, are so very damn spoiled that I just have too many games to play - including brand-new PS5 games and other PS5 enhanced editions, and I need more than 24 hours in a day to make sufficient progress in my library! :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ashbo said:

For those interested as I was, I have just seen on Metro's Twitter that they said there will be no save transfer, but they have added in the chapter select feature for jumping to a certain level.

Will help speed up the plat time I guess for those wanting to go through it again for the stack.

casnK1u.jpg

How? If you unlock all levels (the chapter select), it disables all trophies on that save file. So, you’ll need to play it all over again if you want another set of trophies. 

Prefer it this way really. Now I have incentive to play this fantastic game again at some point, maybe in a few years.

... although a part of me wants to replay it sooner than later for convenience, while I still remember some of the more trickier parts (not that many really).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, turniplord said:

How? If you unlock all levels (the chapter select), it disables all trophies on that save file. So, you’ll need to play it all over again if you want another set of trophies. 

No no, I know that, I meant for using that feature for going back for misc trophies and maybe collectibles? Im sure there are a handful of missables too.

I cant remember now how straight forward it was on PS4?

22 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

No no, I know that, I meant for using that feature for going back for misc trophies and maybe collectibles? Im sure there are a handful of missables too.

I cant remember now how straight forward it was on PS4?

Ah, okay. Thought you meant for skipping forward.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/17/2021 at 6:13 PM, JoaLoft said:

If I can get this platinum trophy all over again, I'd love to. The Metro games are fantastic.

The only problem is that we, gamers, are so very damn spoiled that I just have too many games to play - including brand-new PS5 games and other PS5 enhanced editions, and I need more than 24 hours in a day to make sufficient progress in my library! :D

So True!~

• 6 months later...