Autopop of Trophies

Leon_McLanes

15 minutes ago, IGUnique said:

I actually kinda like this. Metro was a gem and even after 3 playtroughs still considering to do it again. 

Agreed, this game was a fucking blast in many aspects. I won't go for the platinum again since doing NGplus and the dlc again would be too much work and I alrwady have the 100% here, but I can highly recommend this game to others especially now on ps5 with significantly lower loading times

( the only letdown on ps4, it takes forever ). If you do like post apocalyptic games, don't hesitate to play this amazing game. 

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Agreed, this game was a fucking blast in many aspects. I won't go for the platinum again since doing NGplus and the dlc again would be too much work and I alrwady have the 100% here, but I can highly recommend this game to others especially now on ps5 with significantly lower loading times

( the only letdown on ps4, it takes forever ). If you do like post apocalyptic games, don't hesitate to play this amazing game. 

This is definitely not the only letdown of ps4 lol. Game didn't run well compared to the redux games. 30 fps in shooter games are always bad, but this game didn't even manage to deliver consistent 30 fps. A lot of dips into the 20s (a lot on base ps4, less on ps4 pro obviously). PS5 BC probably got rid of this. A performance mode would have been good in the original metro exodus release.

An option to enable/disable different Raytracing options would have been a nice edition on the remaster as well. You get pretty stable 60 fps with really nice raytraced global illumination but that does come on a cost of resolution. Series X (i assume ps5 runs similiarly) runs at about 1500-1800p. Personnaly i prefer such resolution numbers combined with RT over raw 4k (2160p) without RT, but a few people, especially with huge screens may think differently.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, westersburg said:

This is definitely not the only letdown of ps4 lol. Game didn't run well compared to the redux games. 30 fps in shooter games are always bad, but this game didn't even manage to deliver consistent 30 fps. A lot of dips into the 20s (a lot on base ps4, less on ps4 pro obviously). PS5 BC probably got rid of this. A performance mode would have been good in the original metro exodus release.

An option to enable/disable different Raytracing options would have been a nice edition on the remaster as well. You get pretty stable 60 fps with really nice raytraced global illumination but that does come on a cost of resolution. Series X (i assume ps5 runs similiarly) runs at about 1500-1800p. Personnaly i prefer such resolution numbers combined with RT over raw 4k (2160p) without RT, but a few people, especially with huge screens may think differently.

The Series X is actually 1080p - 1728p, often towards the lower end when in combat. But, it does have some form of upscaling which makes it look sharper than you'd expect for a low resolution. The Series S is 512-864p - yes, 512p...

5 minutes ago, turniplord said:

The Series X is actually 1080p - 1728p, often towards the lower end when in combat. But, it does have some form of upscaling which makes it look sharper than you'd expect for a low resolution. The Series S is 512-864p - yes, 512p...

Yes i assume you refer to the same digital foundry video as i was. These heavy combat scenes are pretty rare throughout the entire game. Most of the time it stays between the higher ends. 1080-1728 is an unusual big scale tho.

34 minutes ago, turniplord said:

The PS5 version is likely even lower than the Series X. Just wait until their report on that version hits

19 minutes ago, ZandatsuRising said:

Can some one tell me if this Upgrade is automatic the GOTY? Or must I buy the dlc beforhand to get the upgraded dlc?

You get a free upgrade for anything you owned on PS4. If you own the base game on PS4 then you get the base game on PS5. If you own the season pass then you get the DLC as well. If you don’t own the DLC then you have to buy it in order to get the free upgrade.

You have to claim your free upgrade on the PSN store, it’s not automatically added to your account. 

9 hours ago, Connorsonicblura said:

https://twitter.com/metrovideogame/status/1405684874724454406?s=21

They confirmed it a few hours ago that there’s no save transfer or trophy autopop. We have to start over again, but that might be a good thing to some people.

No auto-pop is to be expected since there’s no save transfer. The main thing about starting over is that you have to play through the game 3 times or something like that for 100% and that’s a big time investment for those of us who got 100% on PS4 already.

The one “nice” thing about auto-pop in cases like this is that you could replay the game on PS5 just to experience the various improvements without having to worry about the trophies again. I’d like to fire it up and maybe play it one more time, but 3 more times? Dunno about that. 

Regardless, is what it is. Should be a nice upgrade for those who really love the game. 

• Like 3

I love seeing certain people cry about how some of their PS4 trophies can't autopop on PS5. Those salty tears, how tasty they can be.

Don't act self-entitled and just play the damn game again. Metro Exodus is fantastic, and I am very much looking forward to making the long journey again with the implementation of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

• Like 4