Has there been a new method of how to get the last 10 recipes from the Npcs?

Leebearty

Like many other people I am look to complete the last recipes and as far as I understand you get 10 more by giving the story npcs their favorite dish/ a dish with their preferences such as salty, sweet etc. 

The way I am doing it is having a recipe that can't be made for regular customers, so that I don't waste ingredients.

Whenever a story npc appears I equip their favorite recipe and unequip it once they receive their food. 

I have been at it for 4 hours and not a single recipe. Some people wrote that it takes about 50 meals served. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 4:30 PM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

I own the game on switch and I spent a lot of hours serving npc their favorite dishes but for some reason they won't give me their recipes. I have 10 recipes left and nothing seems to work. Only 82 people own this trophy as of today. 

It takes more then just hours to do and there's no quick solution sadly (as of this post)

Just think of all the characters having a very long progress bar to fill, and you are slowly filling them all at once, it will take a long time before you get the first recipe, but at that point the progress on the other characters are nearing completion too, and you will start to get those recipes very close together as well.

The way i did it was to put only 1 dish on the menu with 1 ingredient you have none of, just idle the ps4 (while watching a movie, or just browsing the net) until you hear the bell and people start coming in, if you see any unique people come in, use a 5 star recipe on them (there's a thread here detailing some great dishes to help with that) and then just switch to your burner recipe.

repeat until night, then sleep, then wake up and go back into the cafes bottom floor to idle, it took me some real life days to do this.

I advise anyone feeling disheartened by the grind to keep at it, you will get it eventually.
EDIT: its also worth noting that i got the method of saving ingredients from @MattPieti so credit goes to him if you find it here and it helps you

Edited by Orphioon
  • Like 2