PS Plus games vanished from Download List

Otonio_Bruno

1 hour ago, TheQueenOfHurts_ said:

Has anyone sorted this out? I just noticed. My plus ran out in March, and I just renewed a couple days ago. Expiry dates won't update on vita or ps3, all ps3 games have been removed completely from my list, and my vita games show the blue shopping bag. I contacted support and they were NO HELP. The first guy actually gaslit me and I don't throw that term around willy-nilly. The second person basically just said we don't service ps3 or vita anymore. I downloaded the conversations and I'll upload them if someone can tell me how lol. I really don't want to lose my plus games...this is all leaving a bad taste in my mouth. First the store closure, then this, features constantly being taken away...and on the ps4 when you look at someone's "games" it only shows the ps4 games. What's the point of buying or playing ps3 games if Sony doesn't even want anyone to know.

Actually no, and I'm pretty sure Sony won't fix this at all unless you go the legal way. I'm still trying to sort it out, it has been 3 weeks now and so far nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Actually no, and I'm pretty sure Sony won't fix this at all unless you go the legal way. I'm still trying to sort it out, it has been 3 weeks now and so far nothing.

Let's get our games back! Alert the media! Lol ?

I did reach out to Destructoid actually, maybe we should try some more

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheQueenOfHurts_ said:

Has anyone sorted this out? I just noticed. My plus ran out in March, and I just renewed a couple days ago. Expiry dates won't update on vita or ps3, all ps3 games have been removed completely from my list, and my vita games show the blue shopping bag. I contacted support and they were NO HELP. The first guy actually gaslit me and I don't throw that term around willy-nilly. The second person basically just said we don't service ps3 or vita anymore. I downloaded the conversations and I'll upload them if someone can tell me how lol. I really don't want to lose my plus games...this is all leaving a bad taste in my mouth. First the store closure, then this, features constantly being taken away...and on the ps4 when you look at someone's "games" it only shows the ps4 games. What's the point of buying or playing ps3 games if Sony doesn't even want anyone to know.

This is very sad that they want to remove completely PS3/Vita in few years PS4 even from people memories. When you check friends which games he playing it’s very bad that you can only see ps4/5 games. / Expire dates also not updated for me on ps3/vita, but when expire date come it now shows fine that my plus will expire in next year.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:24 AM, Lance_87 said:

I tried using the BBB once many years ago and they couldn't help me. They can't win against incompetent companies.

Just a small note but the BBB is a complete scam. They are not affiliated with any government body and have no oversight capabilities. They exist simply to take a business’ money and give them a “rating” to attempt to sway consumers. 

Hi guys, I just stumbled upon this thread as I am having the same issue, here is the link of recent reddit post regarding the issue, and I have also described my not yet successful attempt to solve this with my regional support.

And here is another one.

Edited by vuleslash
  • Like 2

I've had the same thing happen with no help from support at all.  I've had to purchase any titles I've lost with the exception of three that while I was browsing the playstation store on my Vita were listed as free so I went ahead and added them to my library again.  It's very frustrating as some titles are lost for good (Duke Nukem 3d).  My Vita titles were the ones I was hoping to finish the most and buying them will cost too much money.

I had plans to renew my US account at some point too. Please tell me I'm wrong but it seems this is happening with us Brazilian using US accounts (since it's was  the only Plus available in the beginning). I don't think it's a coincidence the Brazilian Ps Plus cards stopped working on American accounts a few months ago. 

I probably lost 8 years of games as well and that's sad 

12 hours ago, CobraMJD said:

I had plans to renew my US account at some point too. Please tell me I'm wrong but it seems this is happening with us Brazilian using US accounts (since it's was  the only Plus available in the beginning). I don't think it's a coincidence the Brazilian Ps Plus cards stopped working on American accounts a few months ago. 

I'm in Canada so it's happening to North American accounts too. 

I encourage anyone this is happening to to reach on to Sony, how ever you can so we can get this sorted. It's clearly not an isolated incident so they need to tell their customer service to stop being dicks

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CobraMJD said:

It's not related to Brazilians using american accounts. The reports come from everywhere, first user to notice this here on PSNP is japanese. There are people from all over the america with the same problem, my own account is from Brazilian PSN and I'm having the issue. I should have also mentioned in this thread that my account had been non plus for YEARS back in 2016 to 2019 and I still got all tjose PS plus games back when I resubscribed back in 2019.

It's an issue on Sony's end, they know it and they are pretending it doesnt exist.

• Like 1

So how exactly do you check your PS+ games library on PS3/Vita?

I only had PS+ for a short period before the monthly PS3/Vita offerings were halted, and so I’ve largely forgotten about those old games that I claimed. But I should have a handful of PS3/Vita games linked to my account somewhere… I’m just not sure how to find them. I would like to double check and make sure they are still there. 

42 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

So how exactly do you check your PS+ games library on PS3/Vita?

I only had PS+ for a short period before the monthly PS3/Vita offerings were halted, and so I’ve largely forgotten about those old games that I claimed. But I should have a handful of PS3/Vita games linked to my account somewhere… I’m just not sure how to find them. I would like to double check and make sure they are still there. 

If you don't remember which you have purchased through Plus, it's quite hard finding I  your download list. My best suggestion would be when last subscribed to PS Plus after letting it run out previously, look for the downloadable content from that period, if you feel it's missing something, then you probably got affected too.

You could also go through the list of PS Plus free games on any website that list those and match them with the time you started subscribing to Plus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

If you don't remember which you have purchased through Plus, it's quite hard finding I  your download list. My best suggestion would be when last subscribed to PS Plus after letting it run out previously, look for the downloadable content from that period, if you feel it's missing something, then you probably got affected too.

You could also go through the list of PS Plus free games on any website that list those and match them with the time you started subscribing to Plus.

Ahh OK, that’s inconvenient. Thank you for the reply. I was hoping there was a list somewhere similar to the PS4’s library app that has all your PS+ games listed in one place.

I’m just going to look up a list of all monthly offerings going back a few years and cross reference it with the games in the PS Store to see which ones I have. It shouldn’t be hard to figure out, it’s just a bit of a pain having to look them all up individually afterwards to check if I still own them or if they’re missing.

i had the problem with the old simpsons arcade game. it’s completely gone from my download list although i got it with ps plus. i know it’s delisted, but it should still be in my list.

when i contacted sony they checked everything, but the only answer i got was basically "sorry we can’t find any info on you purchasing this game so….fuck you!"

21 minutes ago, Monkey-Hands said:

i had the problem with the old simpsons arcade game. it’s completely gone from my download list although i got it with ps plus. i know it’s delisted, but it should still be in my list.

when i contacted sony they checked everything, but the only answer i got was basically "sorry we can’t find any info on you purchasing this game so….fuck you!"

But basically this is a scam. If you pay for a game it is supposed to be forever. They can't give you that answer and pretend nothing happened

33 minutes ago, Monkey-Hands said:

This is ridiculous, they should've found the game in your transaction hist- oh no, wait, they deliberately "deleted" all entries from that year for everyone, among others. Better luck trying to beg them for a full transaction history spreadsheet.

11 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Does this issue still happen, if you resub during an active sub?

No, My Sub ends in a month, but I re-upped 2 weeks ago. ALL of my PS+ stuff (249 things) was bumped up to the top of the list. I didn't lose anything. I've never let my PS+ lapse in the 10 or so years I've had it, but with all of this I wasn't going to take any chances, lol

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

It's not related to Brazilians using american accounts. The reports come from everywhere, first user to notice this here on PSNP is japanese. There are people from all over the america with the same problem, my own account is from Brazilian PSN and I'm having the issue. I should have also mentioned in this thread that my account had been non plus for YEARS back in 2016 to 2019 and I still got all tjose PS plus games back when I resubscribed back in 2019.

It's an issue on Sony's end, they know it and they are pretending it doesnt exist.

In that case I feel more confident that this issue will be resolved.

I'm from Europe and so is my account tied to that region. My local support keeps reassuring me that the issue is being solved. Now I see that the reddit post I pasted above also updated his situation with his local support and that they are looking for the cause. Here is my reddit comment copied here so that you get insight into my situation without me describing it again.

'Dude, same exact thing happened to me on my PS3. Basically, licenses for PS Plus titles haven't renewed, I can't launch those PS Plus games installed, and my Download list is empty of all PS Plus titles. When I go on the information of those games that can't be launched it says that license for given game is expired with the date of expiration shown. In my case, they were expired for a few months before I realized the problem, cause I haven't been playing PS3 for a while. It is registered though, that PS Plus is activated on PS3 cause of that yellow PS Plus logo near my avatar, and upload of save files also works normal. I have contacted the regional support and they did offer me some of the solutions, like canceling subscrption with deactivating and activating system on PS3 with subscrption renewal afterwards, to rebuild PS3 database in Safe mode, and to reactivate licenses on PS4 and than again deactivate and activate system on PS3. None of the methods above worked. They probably assumed that there is problem on my side with my PS3 that haven't synced somehow, but we can agree that it has nothing to do with us, they are probably lazy with server maintenance and they let that this error with license expiration goes without them willing to repair it. Last thing support asked me is to upload pictures of the problem and they said that they forwarded it to their 'experts' team lol. Then after a few days of silence I asked again if it is being solved, they said that their 'experts' are solving it but it takes them a bit of time. Now the week has passed and I am planning for new hasten up to see if they would say anything new. Who knows, they might actually be solving it, or at least addressing it as more and more people confront this issue. I really hope for the best and will do everything I can to get the things I actually paid and claim rights to. In my case, it is the worst that I am stucked in the middle of completing those games I can't access in the moment, and as I am hunting trophies, those games are doomed to sit there uncompleted for now.'

I just assume that the local support can't solve this problem as they can't access and mess with user licenses data but is rather a global problem they forwarded to upper support. So the problem is probably globally addressed and now we are waiting for them to make a move.

1 hour ago, vuleslash said:

BIG NEWS GUYS! MY PS PLUS COLLECTION ON PS3 IS BACK!!!

I just randomly tried to start one of the PS Plus games and on my surprise it launched like butter. Then I went to check my Download list and all the PS Plus games are back! I am so happy, I hope it is not just me and that it is solved for all of you. So go on and try to see if they finally fixed this for all. Am eager to see positive reports. Cheers!

Really? I'm trying this right now, maybe they fixed the issue!!!

EDIT: Nope, tried what was described in the post and it didn't launch the game at all, download list stays the same. Just to clarify, I tried in 3 of the PS Plus games still on my hdd and all of them gave me the content expired message. Even tried launching the game on an alt account and still same results. Maybe vuleslash got really lucky or I'm very unlucky, waiting to see more reports.

EDIT2: Local gaming news websites started reporting this issue. It's a good start so this gain traction and Sony finally has to acknowledge the problem and fix it. Let's see how well it will develop.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Really? I'm trying this right now, maybe they fixed the issue!!!

EDIT: Nope, tried what was described in the post and it didn't launch the game at all, download list stays the same. Just to clarify, I tried in 3 of the PS Plus games still on my hdd and all of them gave me the content expired message. Even tried launching the game on an alt account and still same results. Maybe vuleslash got really lucky or I'm very unlucky, waiting to see more reports.

That is what I tried too. I launched one of the installed PS Plus games and it didn't give me standard license expiration message but instead it just started. Then I checked info of that game and expiration date was finally updated and so I hopped onto Download list to see all PS Plus titles were back. I don't know if I was lucky or did my regional support actually done something about it. Or is it fixed for everyone and I it was just sooner fixed for me. Wouldn't have sense to be just me cause we had the same problem. Only except if it is really solved by regional support who decided to fix it for me. I hope it gets solved for all and that you will get your games back soon.

Edited by vuleslash
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vuleslash said:

That is what I tried too. I launched one of the installed PS Plus games and it didn't give me standard license expiration message but instead it just started. Then I checked info of that game and expiration date was finally updated and so I hopped onto Download list to see all PS Plus titles were back. I don't know if I was lucky or did my regional support actually done something about it. Or is it fixed for everyone and I it was just sooner fixed for me. Wouldn't have sense to be just me cause we had the same problem. Only except if it is really solved by regional support who decided to fix it for me. I hope it gets solved for all and that you will get your games back soon.

This is great news! I'm glad you can start knocking out those ps3 games in your backlog now :)  Hopefully this means a fix is coming for us all. Did they extend your Plus for you while they were in there digging around? It's the least they could do.

I checked my listed/tried launching a game on ps3 and one on vita but no luck for me so far.

• Like 2