damcrac5

Differences between LE and PS3 versions

15 posts in this topic

I'm currently working on my ME 2 run on the LE version and am remembering why I loved this series when it first came out. I'm playing it on insanity with an imported ME1 character and am knocking everything out in this run. So far, I have not had any significant struggles and am enjoying the game enough that I'm considering giving it another go on PS3(I've gotten past Horizon and a couple of loyalty missions so far). 

 

My question is if anyone has any idea if the PS3 version is more difficult?  I can't seem to find it, but I thought I remember something about balance changes and additional ammo drops.  I still have the rest of this run to determine if I want to subject myself to another insanity run and I think to get the plat I need 2 run-through either way.  Thanks for any input. 

Edited by damcrac5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do recall running out of ammo often on my Insanity run on the PS3 especially when on Horizon so if they've added additional drops in the LE version then that is a welcome change.

But yeah I'd give yourself a large gap between Insanity runs so you don't feel burnt out playing it again. Will say though ME3 on PS3 does have an online trophy in regards to Galactic Readiness that can be done through a website or multiplayer so I'd get that done and out of the way just to be safe.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

I do recall running out of ammo often on my Insanity run on the PS3 especially when on Horizon so if they've added additional drops in the LE version then that is a welcome change.

But yeah I'd give yourself a large gap between Insanity runs so you don't feel burnt out playing it again. Will say though ME3 on PS3 does have an online trophy in regards to Galactic Readiness that can be done through a website or multiplayer so I'd get that done and out of the way just to be safe.

Apparently I had just been getting lucky, lol.  Was having a great time until the collector ship. Took me about 10 tries to get past the flying platform section, and they weren't quick failures. Combine that with the fact the auto-save doesn't re-populate ammo, it has made parts of this mission much harder with very little ammo.  Maybe I won't be doubling down on the ps3 version after all. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Apparently I had just been getting lucky, lol.  Was having a great time until the collector ship. Took me about 10 tries to get past the flying platform section, and they weren't quick failures. Combine that with the fact the auto-save doesn't re-populate ammo, it has made parts of this mission much harder with very little ammo.  Maybe I won't be doubling down on the ps3 version after all. 

I was Vanguard class in that section on Insanity, Warp ammo, doubling up on power explosions and leaving the harbinger enemy for last was my go to strategy. Had Grunt and Garrus on my team, Grunt being a bullet sponge and Garrus with his long range rifle as a back up.

It's doable when you know the enemies weaknesses and how your powers interact with your squad mates.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Apparently I had just been getting lucky, lol.  Was having a great time until the collector ship. Took me about 10 tries to get past the flying platform section, and they weren't quick failures. Combine that with the fact the auto-save doesn't re-populate ammo, it has made parts of this mission much harder with very little ammo.  Maybe I won't be doubling down on the ps3 version after all. 

The Collector Ship is probably the hardest part on Insanity in ME2, there are other moments after that but that was pinnacle for me.

 

I  am currently on  my ME3 Insanity run and after spending 2 hours on Grissom Academy with infinitely spawning enemies (they just keep spawning in the atrium until you take out the atlas) I said f*ck this and dropped it down to normal. Life's too short to bang my head on that wall indefinitely. The limited ammo in ME3 is annoying as hell too - never worried about ammo in 2 but 3 is a different story.

 

I am greatly enjoying my time now and will probably just use the Insanity trick in ME1 for Insanity III. I did it legit back in the day and missed out on a lot of Javik's special dialog since he wasn't a good mesh with my team on Insanity back then - not this time though. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Null_Spectre said:

I was Vanguard class in that section on Insanity, Warp ammo, doubling up on power explosions and leaving the harbinger enemy for last was my go to strategy. Had Grunt and Garrus on my team, Grunt being a bullet sponge and Garrus with his long range rifle as a back up.

It's doable when you know the enemies weaknesses and how your powers interact with your squad mates.

 

I am running Miranda and Jack.  Jack for her Warp ammo, but sadly I was a level shy of getting it to the squad bonus.  In reality, about 10 attempts isn't too bad in the long run. I learned to snipe one of the three as soon as the platform died, focused the Harbinger, then finished the third.  The two scions I brought down to low health and killed them on the same adrenalin rush to avoid dealing with the 3rd platform plus a scion.  Worked like a charm as soon as I got the order down.  Then died about 4 times to the big floating guy soon after that, called it a night and beat it first attempt when I started it up.  Instead of banging my head against the wall, I just focused on learning the encounter and how to play it a little differently each time.  Not so bad after all, but not sure that means I'll sign up for another round on PS3.  Maybe I'll play around with a vanguard after this run to see if I'd enjoy playing as one, and bust it out on PS3.

 

25 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

The Collector Ship is probably the hardest part on Insanity in ME2, there are other moments after that but that was pinnacle for me.

 

I  am currently on  my ME3 Insanity run and after spending 2 hours on Grissom Academy with infinitely spawning enemies (they just keep spawning in the atrium until you take out the atlas) I said f*ck this and dropped it down to normal. Life's too short to bang my head on that wall indefinitely. The limited ammo in ME3 is annoying as hell too - never worried about ammo in 2 but 3 is a different story.

 

I am greatly enjoying my time now and will probably just use the Insanity trick in ME1 for Insanity III. I did it legit back in the day and missed out on a lot of Javik's special dialog since he wasn't a good mesh with my team on Insanity back then - not this time though. 

 

That is great to hear.  I think I'm almost done with the collector ship.  I had heard most people struggle with Horizon, which I did with only dying a couple of times so I was hopeful that I had just figured something out.  I was considering the insanity trophy cheese because l did beat all 3 on insanity for the 360 and wouldn't feel bad about it, but decided to give it a shot.  I think I'll be able to get through without risk of losing my sanity.  I only have a digital PS5, so I'd have to look up how to reset a digital game to 1.0 to do it until I got a disc version of the PS5.  I signed up for the game because I love the series and I'll earn it.  Either way, it'll get done.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

The Collector Ship is probably the hardest part on Insanity in ME2, there are other moments after that but that was pinnacle for me.

 

I  am currently on  my ME3 Insanity run and after spending 2 hours on Grissom Academy with infinitely spawning enemies (they just keep spawning in the atrium until you take out the atlas) I said f*ck this and dropped it down to normal. Life's too short to bang my head on that wall indefinitely. The limited ammo in ME3 is annoying as hell too - never worried about ammo in 2 but 3 is a different story.

 

I am greatly enjoying my time now and will probably just use the Insanity trick in ME1 for Insanity III. I did it legit back in the day and missed out on a lot of Javik's special dialog since he wasn't a good mesh with my team on Insanity back then - not this time though. 


Have you got the Citadel DLC? You pick up the XM-7 Rifle in a vault. Only overheats and has infinite ammo like the weapons in the first game, plus the Prothean DLC gives you the particle rifle that also has infinite ammo.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

 

I am running Miranda and Jack.  Jack for her Warp ammo, but sadly I was a level shy of getting it to the squad bonus.  In reality, about 10 attempts isn't too bad in the long run. I learned to snipe one of the three as soon as the platform died, focused the Harbinger, then finished the third.  The two scions I brought down to low health and killed them on the same adrenalin rush to avoid dealing with the 3rd platform plus a scion.  Worked like a charm as soon as I got the order down.  Then died about 4 times to the big floating guy soon after that, called it a night and beat it first attempt when I started it up.  Instead of banging my head against the wall, I just focused on learning the encounter and how to play it a little differently each time.  Not so bad after all, but not sure that means I'll sign up for another round on PS3.  Maybe I'll play around with a vanguard after this run to see if I'd enjoy playing as one, and bust it out on PS3.

 

 

That is great to hear.  I think I'm almost done with the collector ship.  I had heard most people struggle with Horizon, which I did with only dying a couple of times so I was hopeful that I had just figured something out.  I was considering the insanity trophy cheese because l did beat all 3 on insanity for the 360 and wouldn't feel bad about it, but decided to give it a shot.  I think I'll be able to get through without risk of losing my sanity.  I only have a digital PS5, so I'd have to look up how to reset a digital game to 1.0 to do it until I got a disc version of the PS5.  I signed up for the game because I love the series and I'll earn it.  Either way, it'll get done.

Yeah, the Praetorians suck and if you beat the one on the Collector Ship you are almost done with that level. Mordin and Miranda were my squadmates most often, especially for missions with lots of armored enemies. I swapped in Garrus when there were lots of shielded enemies. Worked well with the Vanguard class.

 

I am on the 4 still with the disc so the downgrade is a hell of lot easier.

2 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:


Have you got the Citadel DLC? You pick up the XM-7 Rifle in a vault. Only overheats and has infinite ammo like the weapons in the first game, plus the Prothean DLC gives you the particle rifle that also has infinite ammo.

I save the Citadel for the end game to get the most out of it. I didn't know Javik's gun has infinite ammo, good to know.  Luckily on Normal, ammo isn't as big an issue and I  can use Vanguard abilities a little more carefree. After 100 hours staying behind cover for forever it is quite freeing charging around the map.

Edited by da-Noob123
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the PS3 version may actually be easier. The DLC weapons helped a lot early game. The LE accounted for this and spread the DLC weapons throughout the game instead of having them at the start. Everything else is pretty much the same difficulty wise. Insanity has been pretty smooth for me since I've done it before and know what team I need to deal with during each mission.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2021 at 8:50 AM, BlueDragonRR said:

I think the PS3 version may actually be easier. The DLC weapons helped a lot early game. The LE accounted for this and spread the DLC weapons throughout the game instead of having them at the start. Everything else is pretty much the same difficulty wise. Insanity has been pretty smooth for me since I've done it before and know what team I need to deal with during each mission.

This is interesting. Something I will consider. Maybe I'll give it a go.  Probably go for it after finishing the LE and potentially Andromeda. I'll check out the dlc weapons for sure. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far with Mass Effect 2 in particular, i've noticed:

  • Way more ammo availability, curious to see if this will still be the case with Insanity difficulty
  • Many more planets with the 'Rich' category for minerals
  • Higher frequency of wall safes and containers containing high amounts of credits
  • Store vendors now sell most (possibly all) collector's edition / promotional DLC weapons & suits
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2021 at 9:31 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

So far with Mass Effect 2 in particular, i've noticed:

  • Way more ammo availability, curious to see if this will still be the case with Insanity difficulty
  • Many more planets with the 'Rich' category for minerals
  • Higher frequency of wall safes and containers containing high amounts of credits
  • Store vendors now sell most (possibly all) collector's edition / promotional DLC weapons & suits

It's the same on Insanity.  They increased the ammo drop rates and fixed some bug that caused ammo not to drop often on Insanity in ME2 PS3/XB360.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found insanity way, way easier in the legendary edition. Spots I got stuck on in the ps3 releases I had no trouble at all getting through, even the collector ship I got through first try

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No boobs....I mean come on! Hahaha...I could have sworn the old ones had nudity.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.