Exploits?

YORGOS_PB

I felt like finally trying Nightmare mode and want to cheese it as much as possible, I'm aware that for the better exploits you need Skyhold so that'll be a chore. 
I was also aware that you need an unpatched game BUT my curiosity has led me here and it's saying that a patched game will work the exploits without trouble, is that really so?

I can't access my original playhtrough yet for some reason (background ghost installing of this game goes on forever) but once I do I'll try it. 
Has anyone done them lately?

EDIT: IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Edited by YORGOS_PB

I didn’t know there were any exploits for this game. What I can tell you, is that after you reach Skyhold and pick a specialization for your character, you won’t even need them.

Nightmare Mode seems really difficult at first, and some of the beginning areas are quite rough. But with the right build you can straight up break the game. I believe I ran an Archer-Assassin when I played this, and by about the halfway point I was absolutely DESTROYING everything in sight. It was incredibly satisfying. Another really OP build is the Knight Enchanter mage.

It sounds like you already found the exploit you’re looking for, but if you need further help I would just recommend looking up some OP builds and copying the way they spec their characters and which abilities they prioritize in combat. You’ll have no trouble finishing this mode.?

• Like 2

What @dieselmanchild said.

The beginning is quite rough, but after a few hours you will become overpowered anyways. Archer is the safe method that does an absurd amount of damage, assasin is a little risky but will destroy everything in it's way in a matter of seconds. It's ridiculous.

No exploits needed at all.

Edited by Sardavanua
  • Like 1

Indeed, just finished the Nightmare run without much trouble or even an OP build. The Golden Nug helped me craft a pretty good bow from the start and that was basically it. And well Cassandra + Blackwall keeping everybody away from me because I was literally a glass cannon. 

Later on I duped > sold for buying extra materials and craft the same recipe weapon again but stronger. 

Can't imagine doing this run as a Mage (what I originally planned). 

31 minutes ago, YORGOS_PB said:

Indeed, just finished the Nightmare run without much trouble or even an OP build. The Golden Nug helped me craft a pretty good bow from the start and that was basically it. And well Cassandra + Blackwall keeping everybody away from me because I was literally a glass cannon. 

Later on I duped > sold for buying extra materials and craft the same recipe weapon again but stronger. 

Can't imagine doing this run as a Mage (what I originally planned). 

I used a Knight Enchanter, I think that was the specialization name, on Nightmare both times - I could slay dragons by myself once my build was setup correctly. But there were quite a few builds that can cheese this mode. Congratulations on completing it - getting pass the trebuchet is probably the hardest part of Nightmare and not much can be done to make it easier. 

On 6/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I didn’t know there were any exploits for this game. What I can tell you, is that after you reach Skyhold and pick a specialization for your character, you won’t even need them.

Nightmare Mode seems really difficult at first, and some of the beginning areas are quite rough. But with the right build you can straight up break the game. I believe I ran an Archer-Assassin when I played this, and by about the halfway point I was absolutely DESTROYING everything in sight. It was incredibly satisfying. Another really OP build is the Knight Enchanter mage.

It sounds like you already found the exploit you’re looking for, but if you need further help I would just recommend looking up some OP builds and copying the way they spec their characters and which abilities they prioritize in combat. You’ll have no trouble finishing this mode.1f642.png

I think the exploits were mainly item duplication for crafting powerful armor and getting money. That Guard on Hit bonus makes Nightmare so much easier.