Story trophies automatically unlocked when friend joined game glitch

Muffy

I've been thinking of going back to this game now, and remembered this glitch happening, figured I'd mention it in case it's useful in making this game faster one way or the other.

So, I had played this a little bit when I first bought the game, barely past the tutorial, and then never really went back. A while later some friends were boosting the base game co-op trophies and I joined in on that. A little while into the boost a friend joined my game, and as soon as he loaded in and the "[friend's ID] joined the game" pop up showed, I was kicked to a loading screen. Then I ended up on the main menu with a "you finished the story but there's so much more to do blah blah" message. This immediately unlocked all story trophies and the one for all sidequests. When loading the game back up I was still where I was before, in the early game safehouse building, but in my quest log all the quests were infact finished. 

My theory is that somehow the game confused my friend's progress with mine, and awarded those quests as completed when they are not. I've seen reports on Reddit of people joining a game causing the host to lose progress, but never this.

I did record this happening back then because this obviously looks like some kind of cheating shenanigans, but yeah there's evidence.

• Like 4

A similiar thing happened to me today. I was playing with a friend of mine, when a third person, looking like Rais, joined. All of a sudden the credits were rolling, followed by me being teleported to the main menu and being congratulated for beating the game. We just finished the Snake in grass chapter. Unlike you my other story trophies haven't popped and I hope that I can still unlock them regularly.